Incredible Member

Default So what’s the deal with Krakoa?

So I must admit I haven’t read NEW comics in a long time. In fact, as a Whedonite, I believe I last read the finale of his Astonishing run. I’m hoping to get back into them but I. The meantime…

I heard a few years ago I heard tell of how the mutants of the MU were living on Krakoa and the island was encouraging them all to have polyamorous relationships. Jean had been resurrected (news since I stopped reading) so Scott had left Emma for her, it because of this polyamorous stuff he may still be “seeing” Emma. Meanwhile there was a panel where Jean and Logan apparently finally hooked up in a hot tub.

Is this over now? What the relationship status of everyone I. The X-Men?
    Last edited by Slimybug; 01-13-2024 at 07:45 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

wiki is your friend, this question is so large there is no way for one to answer it in a forum post.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krakoa

The deal is that the "Love Life..." element is the least interesting aspect of the Krakoan era.

Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    So I must admit I haven’t read NEW comics in a long time. In fact, as a Whedonite, I believe I last read the finale of his Astonishing run. I’m hoping to get back into them but I. The meantime…

I heard a few years ago I heard tell of how the mutants of the MU were living on Krakoa and the island was encouraging them all to have polyamorous relationships. Jean had been resurrected (news since I stopped reading) so Scott had left Emma for her, it because of this polyamorous stuff he may still be “seeing” Emma. Meanwhile there was a panel where Jean and Logan apparently finally hooked up in a hot tub.

Is this over now? What the relationship status of everyone I. The X-Men?
    While there were some indications of a polyamorous relationship between Scott/Jean/Logan, and the hot tub scene did indeed happen, it was never fully fleshed out and faded away kinda early in the era. Scott and Jean are very much together though.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member

the whole thing with mutants coming and going on Krakoa im not fond of.

last actual X-Men comic and story arc I bought and read was the Death of X stuff along with X-Men vs Inhumans. That was the last time I read a current modern X-Men comic.

the last actual good comic that ended in a good way was Whedon's Astonishing X-Men series from years ago. that and X Schism

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    While there were some indications of a polyamorous relationship between Scott/Jean/Logan, and the hot tub scene did indeed happen, it was never fully fleshed out and faded away kinda early in the era. Scott and Jean are very much together though.
    Didn't Hickman admit in an interview that he simply threw the implication in, so he wouldn't need to bother knowing or adressing who is with whom?

Which seems rather par of course with his lax usage of characters during Dawn of X.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Didn't Hickman admit in an interview that he simply threw the implication in, so he wouldn't need to bother knowing or adressing who is with whom?

Which seems rather par of course with his lax usage of characters during Dawn of X.
    I believe that to be true as well. Something about people focusing on who was with who and not paying attention to the rest of the story because of it.

As for OP's question.
    It's erm . . . a pretty cool set up actually. It's about mutants getting something of their own. Lots of cool concepts like mutants becoming an economic power by entering the market drugs only they can make. Combining powers to create "mutant circuits" and even conquering death by using a specific set of five mutants powers to resurrect any fallen mutants. Debatable if the concepts were handled well at all times. While i personally dislike how a handful of characters have been done, there are some good stories in this era. We are also waiting to see it the island even sticks around as the people in charge are soon change hands. You may actually be coming in on the end of the Krakoa era.
    Last edited by wlfking; 01-14-2024 at 12:41 PM.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

Honestly if that's true I like it. Polyamory by default because he doesn't care.