Default BOOYAH!!!: Cyborg/victor stone appreciation 2024

Happy New Year Cyborg fans!

Appreciate away!
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member

I was waiting for someone to make this thread

Thank you !

Here's to another year of hoping DC makes a positive and fulfilling course correction for Victor Stone.

*and remove the face plate and give Vic a Cyborg eye
    Last edited by Customizer; 01-14-2024 at 01:55 AM.
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    I was waiting for someone to make this thread

Thank you !

Here's to another year of hoping DC makes a positive and fulfilling course correction for Victor Stone.

*and remove the face plate and give Vic a Cyborg eye
    Let's hope that we'll have some big things happening for Victor in 2024 I wonder what are the chances of Cyborg working with some Milestone characters.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Let's hope that we'll have some big things happening for Victor in 2024 I wonder what are the chances of Cyborg working with some Milestone characters.
    I'd love to see that whether it's with the main Cyborg or a new Milestone version.
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I'd love to see that whether it's with the main Cyborg or a new Milestone version.
    I'd be interested in either but the idea of a potentially reinterpreted Cyborg via Milestone *or* simply Milestone being allowed to "grow" the character without editorial restriction is intriguing.

With that said...i am curious as to where Cyborg is headed after his solo mini and his being included in the current "Beast World" event and Titans title. I was thinking about this yesterday.... could Cyborgs solo mini have continued in light of Cyborgs "significant" role in the current event? A solo title focused on character growth and evolution...in the midst of the worlds citizens being turned into beasts seems to be a bit of a reach. I can see an action focused solo title in light of the threat.
    Don't complain. Create.

Cyborg in the hands of Milestone writers would be a dream. The sensible things they would do! Sadly, that’s the reason DC would never allow it. It would simply be too forward thinking and progressive.

Incredible Member

How is everyone enjoying the way Victor Stone is being drawn and presented in the current Titans title? I must admit....i'm enjoying seeing him in the midst of action doing something....
    Don't complain. Create.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    How is everyone enjoying the way Victor Stone is being drawn and presented in the current Titans title? I must admit....i'm enjoying seeing him in the midst of action doing something....
    I'm liking it. Vic is being portrayed as confident, competent and experienced. Been a long time since I've seen him being a hero not held down by the baggage of his origin.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Same, you really get the feel he’s been around the block a time or two and has been an established Leaguer but friend of the Titans. Plus it helps he’s drawn with more human parts now which is always preferable.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Same, you really get the feel he’s been around the block a time or two and has been an established Leaguer but friend of the Titans. Plus it helps he’s drawn with more human parts now which is always preferable.
    Yeah, I like the current design as well. It's really well thought and hits all the right notes.

(I know there are people that want the faceplate and other stuff gone, but it's not happening)
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Incredible Member

Despite having no problem with the "universal" Cyborg design used in / on most non comic product, i.e. the "C" emblem on chest New 52 design, i like the new "costume" shown in the Titans run thus far. I think that's because that title has shown Cyborg creating weapons , thrusters , helmets , etc. . He can clearly armor up if needed but this "light armor" Cyborg represents his default state. I'm cool with that. That...and he's wearing pants If he was in shorts like his solo title ....i don't know how much i could have taken lol.

I wonder if those that wanted to see more "skin" on Cyborg were considered when his costume design was given shorts in his solo mini? I ask as i wonder why that look wasn't continued in the current Titans? I'm glad it wasn't but i am curious as to why. I'd like to imagine that fans were being listened to.

I do wonder about the limit, if any , of Cyborgs mass shifting and density .
    Last edited by Customizer; 01-16-2024 at 08:49 PM.
    Don't complain. Create.

is there a new mini series or ongoing scheduled for this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is there a new mini series or ongoing scheduled for this year?
    I hope so, they need to keep up his appearances.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I hope so, they need to keep up his appearances.
    Agreed. I just recently caught up on all of the Titans issues . Cyborg is the only reason I'm buying the title. I have very little interest in the rest of the team as individuals.

I'd buy more titles if Cyborg were in them and characterized/written well.
    Don't complain. Create.

Incredible Member

I don't recall seeing Vic using a "force field" as a containment field to hold someone before.

Is this the first time we've seen this ability being displayed before?
    Don't complain. Create.