Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

The last Lion King made a ton. I know nothing about Mufasa, but can it pull in some of that energy?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    The last Lion King made a ton. I know nothing about Mufasa, but can it pull in some of that energy?

Maybe. I do think the ones that have the best chance, are Deadpool, Joker, Despicable me and Lion King. Butttttt there is always that one or two movies that break out. And one or two you think are going to do well but dont.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Dune 2 will not make a billion dollars. Not saying if it will be a hit or not, but I just don't see it having the repeat costumers needed to cross a billion.
    I don't see any of these movies crossing a billion. If one does, it will be a surprise like Mario Bros.

Its possible that Dune 2 has some massive overseas take.

Astonishing Member

I assume the novelty from the original remake will have worn off by then.

If Dune 2 makes Wonka numbers it will be seen as a big success, not only because it survived the pandemic and the previous Dune adaptation couldn't become a thing, but also because its director couldn't make a new Blade Runner a commercial hit. It will be a shot in the arm of non-Star Wars sci-fi movies.

If the mystery disney live movie is lilo and stitch how much you think it will make?

Also spy x family the movie hits the american box office april 19.

https://twitter.com/BORReport/status...9pCzxg26s%3D19
    Last edited by Gaastra; 02-06-2024 at 02:21 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    If the mystery disney live movie is lilo and stitch how much you think it will make?

Also spy x family the movie hits the american box office april 19.

https://twitter.com/BORReport/status...9pCzxg26s%3D19
    In my birthday, cool.

October might be my favorite movie month this year with Joker's sequel, Smile 2 and Terrifier 3 coming out during Halloween season, with Saw XI tailing them from the end of September. I'd double feature at least a couple of those.

Fantastic Member

Disney is going head to head against Sonic 3, it's not going to flop but it's a bad release date

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Its possible that Dune 2 has some massive overseas take.
    It should also have an 11 week run like Hunger Games except it will start much higher. March is one of those months were a number of studios are releasing Summer blockbuster that won't block bust...but I think Dune is going to be the big winner.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    It should also have an 11 week run like Hunger Games except it will start much higher. March is one of those months were a number of studios are releasing Summer blockbuster that won't block bust...but I think Dune is going to be the big winner.

Yes I honestly have no feel for what Dune 2 will do. The first one was a pandemic release. And it seemed well received. I dont think its going to light up in North America but it could have some crazy run overseas.

So, on box office theory tracking thread something odd is going on. Madame web pre sales are rising! Looks like sony has the stars on nbc shows this morning and using tv spots. They are "Gasp!" marketing this movie! What concept! Glad you thought of that sony! Shame you didn't think of that months ago.

But can it save it or is it too little too late? Nobody knows yet but it has a big uphill battle but strange it's out of the blue starting to raise up a little in pre sales.

Robot dreams that had a limited big-screen release will now get a wide release thanks to oscar nod.

And coyote is dead again. WB wanted $80m and refused to let the studios counter offer. Man zaslab wanted to kill this so bad didn't he?

https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...e_shelved_and/

In early January, “Coyote vs. Acme” producer Chris DeFaria got a startling phone call from a Warner Bros. executive. “They just want to get this behind them,” the executive told DeFaria. “They want to close the books.”

In the words of the Roadrunner: Meep.

The movie, a live-action/animated hybrid that stars Will Forte and the “Looney Tunes” gang, had been earmarked for demolition on Nov. 9. But following the announcement that the movie would be canceled, a firestorm of outrage and indignation erupted. It was heightened by a friends-and-family screening that had already been planned before the cancellation announcement was made. The screening brought more goodwill and an even louder public outcry.

“What was so exciting was that it felt like the film captured the voice of the Looney Tunes that we love in a way none of the other feature versions have ever done,” Paul Scheer, who was at that screening, told TheWrap. (The last movie to feature the characters, 2021’s “Space Jam: A New Legacy,” was pilloried by critics and lost money.)

Warner Bros., reacting to the hubbub, walked back its initial decision. Instead of canceling the movie outright, the studio would give the filmmakers the chance to shop it around. If another studio wanted to pick it up, they could.

Now, months later, Warner Bros. had had enough. The call to DeFaria made that crystal clear.

With Warner Bros. Discovery’s fourth quarter earnings call scheduled for Feb. 23, “Coyote vs. Acme” is running out of time. Many on the film’s team feel that the studio will use the ending of the quarter to get the movie off the books for good. “Coyote vs. Acme” is running up against something worse than a tunnel painted into the side of a mountain or a falling anvil. It will finally be silenced by a movie studio’s balance sheet.

In a truly inglorious end, a source close to the movie doesn’t believe Warner Bros. would even announce that they hadn’t found a home for the movie. They would unceremoniously delete it. Never to be seen again.

Offers and rejections

Following the death and potential resurrection of “Coyote vs. Acme,” there were screenings for interested parties. According to several people familiar with the situation, Netflix, Amazon and Paramount screened the movie (which was received well) and submitted handsome offers. Paramount even proposed a theatrical release component to their acquisition of “Coyote vs. Acme” that would allow for Warner Bros. to save face and, more importantly, let audiences see the movie the way it was meant to be experienced.

Warner Bros. did not respond to requests for comment from TheWrap.

But Warner Bros., which stood to make $35 – $40 million on the tax write-down, wanted something in the ballpark of $75 – $80 million from a buyer. And what’s more, they wouldn’t allow the interested studios to counter Warner Bros.’ offer. It was a “take it or leave it” situation, one that the other studios didn’t even know they were entering into, insiders told TheWrap.

Information about the potential sale of the project got to Eric Bauza, an actor who provided the voice for several characters in the film. In late December he felt so optimistic that he shared a photo from the movie (of Forte and the Coyote, see below) on social media and said: “See ya in 2024!”

Behind the scenes, though, the noose around the movie’s neck was tightening."
    Got to get that tax cut!
    Last edited by Gaastra; 02-09-2024 at 09:01 AM.

Astonishing Member

Disney Plus just bought the Taylor swift movie, will debut in March. I would say thats a pretty big deal.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    And coyote is dead again. WB wanted $80m and refused to let the studios counter offer. Man zaslab wanted to kill this so bad didn't he?

https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...e_shelved_and/

Got to get that tax cut!
    I mean, it's a business choice. If it wasn't getting pitches for money more than they could reap from a tax write off then it just wouldn't make sense to do it.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Still don't explain why they didn't just release it themselves. You mean to tell me this movie won't make more than $35m at the box office? Bull. It got great reviews also. Heck vod sales would make more than that if it bombs.

It was set to release same day as barbie and oppen by the way. Also, wb didn't even give them a chance for pitches or even tell then before hand they could pitch. $80m or screw you. There's the door.

Paramount even offered to do like day the earth blew up and release it in theaters for them and they turned them down.

Pretty sure on the big-screen or vod this movie would make more than $35m. It feels like wb has done everything they could to kill this movie and don't know why. Animation has had it rough under zaslab since he first showed up.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 02-09-2024 at 09:48 AM.