Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    As if the people care about woke or not. Does anyone really think that has an influence on the box office?
    Some people definitely believe that, yes. Granted I don't think they should be taken seriously but they do exist.

Migration is making big come back looks like. We got another elemental on our hands.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

As if the people care about woke or not. Does anyone really think that has an influence on the box office?
    There have been several very vocal people on this very thread proclaiming it so yes, sadly some people actually do believe that kind of garbage.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

The issue as always is WHO is in that group and what types of power and influence they have.

There is a LOT of stuff we don't hear about.

There were folks ready to shoot up Fantastic Four and Star Wars over certain actors. Where I live and in other states.

Lets say one of those folks was the manager of a theater. He doesn't care for Wonka because of the black folks in it.

What can he do? Cut a few showings of that film. We have seen movies get yanked out of the theater during the week and then comeback. I saw that with Flash. Other movies just stop showing in an area.

Same with merchandise-Wonder Woman had her stuff on clearance after week one at some Targets.

And that is NOT counting folks in the industry that play those cult war games. They might not stop that movie but they can try to screw over some of the cast. What film has Michael B Jordan done that he has NOT produced? Some of these folks suddenly can't get work and their movies were hits.

I know some of these are extreme but I don't put it over anyone from doing the above.

I haven't even touched harassments of the actors. Caleb from Strange Things finally started talking about the abuse he gets from fans.

Most normal movie goiers don't give a crap about those yelling on youtube or even know about them or think they are annoying. None of the people I know didn't go see wonka because a little girl was black in it like a thousand other movies from the start of movies. If they don't see a movie it's because they don't know it's out, didn't like the trailers or just didn't have the money to go not because a little girl is black in it.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-05-2024 at 06:32 AM.

I predicted that Christmas Day theater visits would end up working out positively for Aquaman 2. Not a high point for the DCEU at all, but it did beat Flash and the Marvels!
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Wonka expected to win box office again this weekend. Migration doing well also.

Thanks to china aquaman 2 swimming past $300m ww by saturday. And yes, everyone is making aquaman crushes black adam jokes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...orldwide_this/

Spy x family just keeps taking first in japan. Wish falls to third there.

Extraordinary Member

Ppl are weird....Black Adam didn't get a China release.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Ppl are weird....Black Adam didn't get a China release.
    neither did some other Hollywood movies such as Ruby Gillman and Trolls Band Together.

Wish has done well in japan and now blew up in korea.

From reports they have better trailers for the movie.

Wish" has reigned atop Korean box office for four days in a row. It sold more than 180,000 tickets on Saturday, outperforming two Korean films, "Noryang: Deadly Sea" and "12.12: The Day."
    https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...fice_for_four/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    neither did some other Hollywood movies such as Ruby Gillman and Trolls Band Together.

Just saying by logic. You'd think the follow-up to a billion dollar hit with a wider release. Would outgross a movie like Black Adam. But then looking at the Marvels I guess not. But still it's weird to cheer for something like that. It's like this weird group of ppl that have this Rock derangement syndrome. But Aquaman still may not catch up we'll see.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 01-07-2024 at 08:02 AM.

Not really cheering than more black adam gets made fun of in hollywood. Anytime a movie underperforms but makes more than $400m the saying is "well it made more than black adam".

Like it or not adam is a running joke in hollywood.

Also, no dcu movie in 5 years has made past $400m and blue beetle did awful so yes people were expecting aquaman 2 to do worse than it did.

As for box office--

Kind of slow as jan tends to be with wonka in first at $15m. Night swim swims into second.

Migration ducks into third. It's got legs also!

After three weeks of release, the movie — about a family of ducks who get lost as they head south for winter — has earned $78 million in North America and $150 million worldwide. “Migration” cost $70 million, so while it may not be the studio’s first choice for a sequel, the movie looks to have the legs to get out of the red.
    Aquaman swims into 4th.

“Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom,” a comic book sequel from Warner Bros. and DC, took fourth place with $10.4 million. The $205 million-budgeted tentpole has dramatically underperformed expectations and has yet to cross $100 million domestically after three weeks of release. (Most superhero movies hope to hit that benchmark in its opening weekend.) Ticket sales stand at $99 million domestically and $266 million globally, around the same as eventual comic book disappointments like “The Flash,” “The Marvels” and “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.”
    Anything but you gets 5th.

https://variety.com/2024/film/box-of...nd-1235863604/

Thanks to japan and korea wish passes $200m global.

Boy and the heron is now 4th highest grossing anime in america. Two pokemon movies and demon slayer are top three by the way.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-07-2024 at 09:14 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Not really cheering than more black adam gets made fun of in hollywood. Anytime a movie underperforms but makes more than $400m the saying is "well it made more than black adam".

Like it or not adam is a running joke in hollywood.

Also, no dcu movie in 5 years has made past $400m and blue beetle did awful so yes people were expecting aquaman 2 to do worse than it did.

As for box office--

Kind of slow as jan tends to be with wonka in first at $15m. Night swim swims into second.

Migration ducks into third. It's got legs also!

Aquaman swims into 4th.

Anything but you gets 5th.

https://variety.com/2024/film/box-of...nd-1235863604/

Thanks to japan and korea wish passes $200m global.

Boy and the heron is now 4th highest grossing anime in america. Two pokemon movies and demon slayer are top three by the way.
    Correct me if I'm wrong. But black Adam made more than the Marvels and the Flash and Black Adam is the running joke? "Atleast it made more than Black Adam" What superhero movie are we talking about? What superhero movie made more than Black Adam since Black Adam? If anything the Rock is laughing his ass off right now.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 01-07-2024 at 01:31 PM.

Ultimate Member

I think Aquaman might cross $400 million eventually (it's crossed $300m WW).

If it does, then it's not a disaster, just more of a disappointment (I believe it cost between $205m and $215m).

The rock hyping it up and wanting to make it for decades didn't help. Marvel sony morbius is poked fun of also so it's not just dc.

Would it have done well in china? Don't know. We may never know but other dcu films did not do as well there but they really like aquaman 2.