Page 123 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2796
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Man listening to these sad David Sammartino and his father situation. Its very sad the 2 men were estranged til the very end. A lot due to things like the usual themes.

- Bruno it seems didn't want his children in the pro wrestling business. One son got hurt and he pretty much told him to not do it. I believe he became a hair dresser. David did and well the problems began...

- Now usually we see a lot of proud fathers over their children following them into the business. Bill Watts , Arn Anderson , Ole Anderson , Bob Orton Jr , etc. Usually we see that. But from stories online Bruno possibly didn't want that.

- His relationship with David was complicated. In shoot I detailed Bruno was in a deal where he claims he didn't want to come back. But did it to help David out and usually he would be forced to wrestle , to keep David in better spots on the card. Then his son would leave over working preliminary matches (even though he'd win).

David in a shoot claims his dad would tell him to be happy and get the money and that at some point the business may change back. Away from guys with gimmicks like Jake the Snake and more. That once it changes back , his talent would be needed.

- As time passed the 2 would end up in UWF. David claims his dad told Abrams it was either him or David , well we knew what would happen. But we have to remember that the UWF by one point then was struggling money wise. So maybe the decision was to keep the more known person...Bruno as a legend. As a cost move.

But in a shoot David claims his dad would try and sabotage his career possibly. Like when he worked in Japan. But even then its not for sure he did that.

The end part I heard was David wrote his dad a letter and it seems they didn't speak after it. Just a sad situation of a legend and a son who wanted to be a star in business as a 2nd generation star. But either himself or his dad made it where it didn't happen.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Willow got a big win in Arena Mexico!

The AEW x CMLL x NJPW x Stardom Forbidden Door is building some nice storylines already.

I noticed the crowds and shows have been better lately on TV for AEW. Well, I guess all their pre-booked large TV venues are done and they're focused on 10-12K venues for TV, larger for PPV with the new ticket sales teams.

Good idea IMHO. A crammed, hot crowd does more than a spread out one. Looks nicer, too.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-31-2024 at 10:45 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

So, allegedly Sapp says Jade's hold up on debut was producers arguing over her entrance? Not how to debut, storyline, learning the "WWE way" etc. but how she comes to the ring. No issues in mic class and they loved her ringwork. No changes there he said, very tight and TV ready. Just the entrance which was debated on since before AND after the RR.

And her old AEW outfit she beat up peeps in got WWE a warning.

Sapp also said there are no immediate plans to call Dragunov up to the main roster, but he's expected to go up once he loses the NXT Championship.

The rumors of Ilja's family in Germany being a reason for the apparent hold-up on his career progression are unfounded; WWE is willing to accommodate his trips to visit family. As for NXT Europe, he's been considered past that point since moving over from the UK to mainline NXT.

Internally, WWE sees Ilja as a prospect on the level of GUNTHER, planning to push him in a similar way once he hits the main roster.

In NXT Ilja has earned a reputation of needing very little direction from the producers - something no other NXT talent can boast. In general, he's very well-liked for being easy to work with and elevating everyone he steps into the ring with.

They want GUNTHER vs. Dragunov at WM or a BIg 4 in the next 2-3 years.

Tokyo Sports says Katsuhiko Nakajima is finished with AJPW and will not join NOAH. Nakajima is interested in going to America. They said the bout with Dempsey was Nakajima testing NXT. Bushiroad also has reached out for a G1 appearance but AEW seems most likely. He can work with the Uganda guys (he said he wants to) and CMLL that way as well as New Japan.

God, I want to see Nakajima stiffing the **** outta the greenhorn college kids now!

Tokyo Sports also had a big interview with Mayu Iwatani. She said she's staying in Stardom. She was 100% set to leave and sign with WWE but has since pumped the breaks on that.

Also, anyone watching ROH!? The Dalton/Boys/Johnny/Taya/Lexi storyline has been GOOOOOOLLLLLDDDD.

Psycho Mike cameo ... "BuT DaLtON, tHeY hAd So MuCh PoTeNtIAL!!" "They tricked me Jerry!” ROH is so damn good right now.

$10 a month, all the shows and PPVs!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-31-2024 at 10:45 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Also, forgot to note the gem from Nigel:

"That's a fan!"
    "No, it's Eddie Kingston to the rescue!"

I was dead.

Astonishing Member

It's Wrestlemania week and I can't for the life of me see the WWE ending Roman's reign like this. The buildup is more about Cody and the Rock than it is Roman. I can't imagine the WWE pulls the plug on this epic run during a buildup where he isn't even the main protagonist. Therefore I predict the WWE is gonna give the crybabies something to cry about and Mania will lead into a big Rock Cody feud that will allow Roman to eclipse that Hogan record. Roman can't go down like this. When he falls it needs to be at least in a storyline where he is the main antagonist. On another note or post, I always felt Draganov was the one to stop Gunther but the WWE seems to be delaying his elevation to the main roster. That is a better matchup that Chad or Sammy.
    Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 04-01-2024 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    It's Wrestlemania week and I can't for the life of me see the WWE ending Roman's reign like this. The buildup is more about Cody and the Rock than it is Roman. I can't imagine the WWE pulls the plug on this epic run during a buildup where he isn't even the main protagonist. Therefore I predict the WWE is gonna give the crybabies something to cry about and Mania will lead into a big Rock Cody feud that will allow Roman to eclipse that Hogan record. Roman can't go down like this. When he falls it needs to be at least in a storyline where he is the main antagonist. On another note or post, I always felt Draganov was the one to stop Gunther but the WWE seems to be delaying his elevation to the main roster. That is a better matchup that Chad or Sammy.
    I agree with you about Roman, especially after watching a bit of his Biography episode last night.

Like you were saying, the main beef feels like its Cody/Rock, so my thing is I can see Cody/Seth beating The Rock/Roman in the tag team match, then Roman retaining the next night for the belt. With the way it's been booked, I think Cody looks much better winning the tag match because after he got his ass beat like that by the Rock last week, he has to come out on top for that match. But at the same time, I don't see them double booking Roman to lose after building his reign up all this time.

I just don't know.

Ultimate Member

I don't think you can build Cody up like this and not have him win, Wrestlemania would be the venue for Roman to lose rather than one of the lesser events. Not sure the fans would take another 6 months to s year of the same boring old Roman storylines, and a Cody loss would make it no different than when Vince was in charge and he or his family member winning. Roman losing the belt though could be what splits Rock and Roman up, and they don't need to hold the title hostage for Rock and Roman to battle. And if not Cody then who beats Roman months from now, and with Rock and Roman both barely bothering to show up most nights not sure they could take a title chase.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I agree with you about Roman, especially after watching a bit of his Biography episode last night.

Like you were saying, the main beef feels like its Cody/Rock, so my thing is I can see Cody/Seth beating The Rock/Roman in the tag team match, then Roman retaining the next night for the belt. With the way it's been booked, I think Cody looks much better winning the tag match because after he got his ass beat like that by the Rock last week, he has to come out on top for that match. But at the same time, I don't see them double booking Roman to lose after building his reign up all this time.

I just don't know.
    I could see a Seth heal turn causing Cody to lose. Seth/Cody get win in tag match so no bloodline but Seth turns. Remember Seth was begging for Cody to fight him and Seth can say he felt insulted when Cody picked Roman. After tag loss Roman can turn on the Rock blame him and do some type of injury angle as there are reports that Rock will be off from April to August filming a movie.

Spectacular Member

I also believe Judgement Day will break up.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Cm Punk tells his side of the story of what happened in Wembley and the conflict with Jack Perry.

https://vxtwitter.com/italkwrasslin/...7uqQ_6kcA&s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Cm Punk tells his side of the story of what happened in Wembley and the conflict with Jack Perry.

https://vxtwitter.com/italkwrasslin/...7uqQ_6kcA&s=19
    So much dert Sheetz clips from that interview to take out of context.

The conspiracy side of me finds it fascinating that this popped up right when another Vince is a **** human story came out.

Astonishing Member

Whatever. I'm over the CM Punk drama.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Here's the full interview. Punk's portion is an hour in

https://www.youtube.com/live/5PNZZvg...9pfu78KrWUmhO8

I'm indifferent to Punk, but that was a beautiful shot he took at Uncle Dave.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

not surprised as some of the stuff he said. i knew he'd say whatever he wanted to once he got the chance. so tis expected.