Page 95 of 180 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2697
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    With a Mania being held in Philly they better had him inducted.

If they’ve patched things up with each other, it’d be cool if Dreamer inducted Paul E.
    I think Lesnar would have been a good choice to induct him if he wasn't Benoit'd at the moment. Tod Gordon would be a good choice if any ECW alumni won't do it

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Be nice if Shane Douglas and Raven could get inducted. I mean Jeff Jarrett and CM Punk came back…why not those 2 finally ? Shane literally kicked off ECW himself…so why not ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Heyman is a great choice for HoF.

I can't say Mick, Kurt and Jeff are good examples to follow. They're really struggling with their physical shape, and still feel pain.
    If I was Darby's doctor or family or close friend or similar (say Tony Khan), I'd be mighty sure to remind him of the Foleys and Angles of the wrestling world.

But others can't or shouldn't be omitted from Darby's calculus/consideration like Edge or Sabu or others who despite a career of crazy bumps, still managed to get lucky (or just get surgeries or something) and not be so immobilized late into their careers (I'm sure they have pains too, but the pain might be viewed as worth it if they can still move reasonably well enough and wrestle in that ring they love).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-04-2024 at 12:06 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    For real, Darby Allin doing that swanton on the glass was dumb as ****.
    Thank God punk wasn't there lol

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Be nice if Shane Douglas and Raven could get inducted. I mean Jeff Jarrett and CM Punk came back…why not those 2 finally ? Shane literally kicked off ECW himself…so why not ?
    Does Douglas still have a grudge against the kliq? He'll need to bury that hatchet to do anything with the WWE with the positions HHH and HBK hold

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I'd say a lot of veterans now are in a mind set of ...let them DESTROY themselves. If Darby , Sammy and Dante wanna be in wheelchairs at 40+ ...let em. As the saying goes , you can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Does Douglas still have a grudge against the kliq? He'll need to bury that hatchet to do anything with the WWE with the positions HHH and HBK hold
    No idea if he would do it. Raven had an old lawsuit , but he's likely more to be signed than anyone. Having Raven and Tommy do a special discussing their 3+ year program would be nice. (with the twists , turns and how big it became)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    That wasn't real glass. Punk's problem was Perry wanted to use real glass.

It was still a stupid as hell move as even sugar glass can still cut you, but if that was real glass it could've been a lot worse for Darby.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    That wasn't real glass. Punk's problem was Perry wanted to use real glass.

It was still a stupid as hell move as even sugar glass can still cut you, but if that was real glass it could've been a lot worse for Darby.
    We also have to remember the chain of events ....Punk arrived at the arena as Tony Schiavone , other backstage people and a doctor I believe told Jack how dangerous using real glass was. They came to Punk next and he told Perry nope.

So it wasn't just Punk who told him no....others did as well.

Dutch Mantel is telling Jake Hager to leave AEW and get a job. Jake should give MMA another go.

are they testing face turns for Imperium, with them facing Judgement Day? Rumor is Preist will cash in on Gunther at Mania. And my weekly Raw yawn moment - Valhalla boring us all talking about how the Gods command that Viking Future Endeavor Ivar must fight someone and lose the match.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    are they testing face turns for Imperium, with them facing Judgement Day? Rumor is Preist will cash in on Gunther at Mania. And my weekly Raw yawn moment - Valhalla boring us all talking about how the Gods command that Viking Future Endeavor Ivar must fight someone and lose the match.
    I doubt they are testing the waters for an Imperium face turn. There was no way for Gunther to get more heat than Dom so it's easier to make him the face. This conflict between Judgement Day and Imperium is character driven.

Bubba Ray did a fun , teasing style post online to Paul Heyman , welcoming him to the WWE Hall of Fame. He then comically posted at the end... "Your Hall of Fame ring will arrive by Fed Ex ...your tracking numbers are ###...." (if no one remembers that comical story told)

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Dutch Mantel is telling Jake Hager to leave AEW and get a job. Jake should give MMA another go.
    He's 41 and working in the 2ed biggest wrestling promotion in the world why would he go back to MMA also how is that not a real job?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'd say a lot of veterans now are in a mind set of ...let them DESTROY themselves. If Darby , Sammy and Dante wanna be in wheelchairs at 40+ ...let em. As the saying goes , you can't fix stupid.

No idea if he would do it. Raven had an old lawsuit , but he's likely more to be signed than anyone. Having Raven and Tommy do a special discussing their 3+ year program would be nice. (with the twists , turns and how big it became)
    I agree let them learn the hard way

Well, with Sting's and Darby's belts vacated, and Sting no longer in the ring (Kahn talking to him about staying on in some capacity), Darby is apparently heading to climb Mount Everest. I know, its become less of a challenge type of thing, but well over 100 bodies are still there. He better train right and bring experienced climbers with him, as that's a whole other level from pro-wrestling.