Page 153 of 184 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2746
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Probably the best reaction comment I read about AEW's Punk/Perry footage:
    If Khan wanted to air this footage to effectively fight back against Punk’s comments, there needed to be a significant difference between Punk’s account and the actual footage itself that was favorable for AEW. That simply wasn’t the case. There was also nothing evident for why Tony Khan might fear for his life based on the footage.
    https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/20...ative-reaction

That being said, if Tony got some extra eyeballs on Dynamite or his PPV, then I'm sure he'd say he achieved his main goal. Or perhaps Tony's aim is use this fight to build up Jack Perry somehow for a return.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    I saw a live video they turned on him not the whole crowd but more than a few.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WWE are taking shots with this presale code .

https://vxtwitter.com/MarcPwn/status...XBSSs7PXw&s=19

Me watching Dynamite last night: "Huh Punk attacked Jack for sure. Seems like he's in the wrong here"

The rest of the internet: "AEW JUST BURIED THEMSELVES! WORST MOVE EVER! TONY DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING!"

Me: "OK that's enough internet for a while"

Keller says Bucks and Osprey didn't want to do their segments and that morale is low. He has no source in AEW.

Sapp says Bucks/FTR/Osprey signed off on their angles and were excited. The lockeroom morale is great and they expected social media BS. His source is Leaker Buck.

Who's telling the truth!?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Keller says Bucks and Osprey didn't want to do their segments and that morale is low. He has no source in AEW.

Sapp says Bucks/FTR/Osprey signed off on their angles and were excited. The lockeroom morale is great and they expected social media BS. His source is Leaker Buck.

Who's telling the truth!?
    I believe the first half of Sapp's report. I can believe that releasing the footage was the Bucks idea and Osprey has a history of saying dumb things on Twitter. The morale being great is BS. The look on Schiavone and Renee's faces when those segments happened didn't tell that story.

Even before Schiavone made that face, I can tell from that cringe ass promo Edge gave the other week that morale is not great.

Homie tried to sell himself on finishing his career there and the choice he made lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderous Monkey View Post
    Me watching Dynamite last night: "Huh Punk attacked Jack for sure. Seems like he's in the wrong here"

The rest of the internet: "AEW JUST BURIED THEMSELVES! WORST MOVE EVER! TONY DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING!"

I know isn't the internet wonderful lol

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderous Monkey View Post

Problem is that Punk doesn't really deny he attacked Perry. Punk seems to (incorrectly) deny the wrongness of actions, essentially saying restrained himself admirably (despite admitting "choking" Perry) after being provoked by Perry.

"I thought I did the responsible thing," Punk told Helwani. "I didn't punch anybody. I just choked him a little bit. I turned to Tony (Khan) and said, 'This place is a f--king joke man. You're a clown. I quit.'"

Tony showed footage that doesn't really alter the reporting or much differ from what Punk admitted. Tony drew attention to a big rival WWE star who is likely thanking the heavens that Tony aired the footage, adding fuel to Punk's legacy and gimmick of controversy and disruption in the wrestling sphere.

It's hard to see what Tony gained by this move right now. We'll see I suppose. Tony raised a long dead issue where most people already assumed hothead Punk started the violence part of it anyway (which Punk basically admitted).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 04-11-2024 at 01:19 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    C'mom bro, they were chanting for Punk. I know you like AEW but really...

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Beastie I think it’s likely a bit of both moral wise in AEW. The Bucks and their friends believe it’s all great and they sure showed CM Punk up. But there are others likely making a Schiavone face right now knowing this made AEW look bush league.

Had he praised Cody online being WWE World Champion now and how he played a part in building the company…he comes across as great.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    The crowd was chanting for Punk. They rejected the segment wholeheartedly. The Bucks and Jack Perry likely doomed themselves to punk chants going forward

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The crowd was chanting for Punk. They rejected the segment wholeheartedly. The Bucks and Jack Perry likely doomed themselves to punk chants going forward
    Bro I saw a live video they were saying f cm punk and punk is a Pussy not everyone but a good number of people.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    C'mom bro, they were chanting for Punk. I know you like AEW but really...
    People were chanting they were also booing I'm not saying it the whole crowd turned far from it but there was cm punk us a Pussy and f cm punk chants as well as cheers
    Last edited by choptop; 04-11-2024 at 02:18 PM.

Hook's contract is up this year. He's open to exploring his options once he's a free agent

https://vxtwitter.com/WrestlePurists...ZdraxCGyA&s=19

Go to the performance center kid