Page 141 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2769
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its one country ....remember back before the Brawl In , Punk was booed in MJF's home city as we saw. Punk played it up and he would in Scotland. He'd come out and mock wearing kilts or something to get pure heel heat there. But back in states...he'd be the face.

Drew would have to turn face and all. But his heel character is really great and why change that ? The guy has that Bret Hart 1997 deal down so good. I'd hate to see his great heel work be changed to a face run. (Drew is showing he's just a way better heel ...)
    Drew wouldn't need to turn. Trips has booked heel vs heel and done it well. Considering how likable both Priest and Drew are in their heel personas this can easily be a case of the fans choosing who they want to cheer for.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i think it was more there was a lack of complexity with cena's character. back then, cena was ALWAYS facing impossible odds, then 5 moves of doom, then cena wins, lol. it got tiring.

it turned around when he started doing the US open challenges and having great matches (one of them being with stardust).

depending on how they book cody and his run, it might not happen with him. keep in mind, cena was being booked by vince and trips and we see how differently those two book.
    Its amazing to me how everything that was wrong with wrestling is now blamed on Vince. Without Vince none of this would be here. Vince did a lot more right than he did wrong. Dont get me wrong he is a creep but stop saying everything that was bad was Vince's fault

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Its amazing to me how everything that was wrong with wrestling is now blamed on Vince. Without Vince none of this would be here. Vince did a lot more right than he did wrong. Dont get me wrong he is a creep but stop saying everything that was bad was Vince's fault
    Yes, BUT Vince couldn't evolve and keep up with the changes that the fans wanted. Sure he made wrestling but he wanted a Spectacle at all times...Wasn't a fan of wrestling itself, just the entertainment value.
    And the Attitude era wasn't really Vinces doing...IT was a lasts gasp and just letting the wrestlers be themselves. It took HBK and HHH to convince him of that...And look who is in charge now...Hmmmmm...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Yes, BUT Vince couldn't evolve and keep up with the changes that the fans wanted. Sure he made wrestling but he wanted a Spectacle at all times...Wasn't a fan of wrestling itself, just the entertainment value.
    And the Attitude era wasn't really Vinces doing...IT was a lasts gasp and just letting the wrestlers be themselves. It took HBK and HHH to convince him of that...And look who is in charge now...Hmmmmm...
    The talent that is there now is mostly there during Vince. Roman was Vince's chosen one and he is coming off of one the the greatest title runs in modern history. I dont really know how much of the good was because of Vince and how much of the bad but neither does anyone that wasn't in those meetings and plans. It just seems now we always want to blame Vince for anything they didnt like.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

joe beat me to it but what he said was true. vince did a lot right but he also did a lot wrong and i dont just mean his perversions. the way vince books and the way trips does it are clearly different. and vince's style of booking rarely changed. pretty much anyone who's worked with him personally has attested to that. keep in mind that vince told miro that rusev day wasn't over, despite the fans loving the act, and that they were doing it to mock them. there are tons of stories of vince just not getting what the fans wanted and only booking to please himself.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    the attitude era was a direct response to WCW evolving and providing more adult and mature programing. vince had to follow suit since they were kicking his ass weekly. after he bought out WCW, he got lazy because the E won the monday night wars, which led to a lot of lazy booking choice. example: cena wins, lol.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

The talent that is there now is mostly there during Vince. Roman was Vince's chosen one and he is coming off of one the the greatest title runs in modern history. I dont really know how much of the good was because of Vince and how much of the bad but neither does anyone that wasn't in those meetings and plans. It just seems now we always want to blame Vince for anything they didnt like.
    but most of that was due to vince pushing roman far too fast, far too soon. it was clear that roman wasn't ready for that spot yet but vince pushed him and the fans rebelled against it. it wasn't until heyman took over roman that we got the tribal chief. we went from "sufferin' succotash" to "acknowledge me".

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    This is the tribalism with you I always point out, not once during Sting's run in AEW did you ever say you couldn't buy him beating up guys half his age. Sting is not only 6 years older than Undertaker but he's smaller and had to retire for a few years because of neck issues. Team Taz fleeing in fear of a 60 plus year old with a messed up neck was comical but you never voiced any problem with it. Undertaker is one of the kayfabe strongest wrestlers ever, he's straight up supernatural too. What's hard to believe about him taking Rock out? The main event was universally praised by even those who usually hate WWE but of course you have to find something to nitpick. Don't ever claim to be unbiased again.
    You're too sensitive for wrestling bro just being honest with you everyone upsets you there's one thing in the match I didn't buy and you're calling tribalism d saying I'm biased I've always been honest I like AEW more than wwe I there's thing's I have problems with in both wwe and AEW also things i like in wwe why is that a bad thing that my opinion is different than yours
    Last edited by choptop; 04-08-2024 at 04:21 PM.

Ricky Starks, QT Marshall and Dustin Rhodes were backstage celebrating Cody's title win

https://twitter.com/WrestlingHumble/...TZcs7R8lA&s=19

Vince was the thing that was wrong. This current Renaissance within WWE wouldn't be here if he was still around. Morale is high, talent and staff are happy being at work, the product is good and the company is striving on the business end and all of this because the old man is gone. May Vince vision of wrestling stay dead

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ricky Starks, QT Marshall and Dustin Rhodes were backstage celebrating Cody's title win

https://twitter.com/WrestlingHumble/...TZcs7R8lA&s=19
    Rocky almost fell out the skybox he was so jazzed!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Vince was the thing that was wrong. This current Renaissance within WWE wouldn't be here if he was still around. Morale is high, talent and staff are happy being at work, the product is good and the company is striving on the business end and all of this because the old man is gone. May Vince vision of wrestling stay dead
    Can't forget Vince's more than outdated look on how "Champions are supposed to look". He wanted them more like Roman, then he did people like Bryan Danielson. And that bad line of thinking is what kept Dusty Rhodes himself from ever getting that world title, no matter the organization.

Spectacular Member

FYI first hour of RAW is commercial free tonight again

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Hours after Wrestlemania, Punk decided to comically troll Drew McIntyre back on Instagram. Like he had done him for a long while…

https://411mania.com/wrestling/cm-pu...drew-mcintyre/
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Damien Priest went to the club with the championship

https://twitter.com/fadeawaymedia/st...uq43-aLff7vIKw

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Looks like Vince is being 100% bought out.
    Not 100% yet from what I just read.
    https://deadline.com/2024/04/endeavo...we-1235878583/
    Endeavor And TKO Group Are Buying $311M More In Stock From Vince McMahon, But The Disgraced Ex-WWE Boss Still Has A Large Stake