Page 155 of 184 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2749
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    that doesn't mean you can put hand on somebody. tk might not be a great boss but punk was a worse employee. dude is immature and has selective rage issues. perry made a comment on the pre-show that most people missed and half the people that caught it didn't even understand, it wasn't really something that need to be addressed urgently.
    Jack wanted to **** around and he found out. Can't press someone buttons in front of the camera and behind the curtain and expect things to be fine and dandy. When the boss can't be the boss expect the worst to happen.

It needed to be addressed urgently as this is a systemic problem in the company. Remember Tony's solution to the problem with Punk and the Elite was to split the roster rather than getting the parties to resolve their issues. Tony allowed for problem similar to the Hangman situation to happen because he can't solve problems

Spectacular Member

that doesn't mean you can put hand on somebody. tk might not be a great boss but punk was a worse employee. dude is immature and has selective rage issues. perry made a comment on the pre-show that most people missed and half the people that caught it didn't even understand, it wasn't really something that need to be addressed urgently.
    What world do you live in? We are talking about steroid up alpha male gym freaks. If you challenge someone like that expect your challenge to be answered

since assclown is calling himself lionheart again he should really start doing his old oblivious heel character. have hook suplex him on his head and suddenly he thinks it's 1997.
    Now if they'd stop pulling stunts and start focusing on their product, I could actually get behind this. I like that idea.

Dude this is pro wrestling though. Perry obviously wrote himself a check that his ass couldn't cash.

If we're gonna use the good old days as a standard for the should've, could've, would've of the Punk vs. Perry situation then there's a 100% chance Punk would've been beaten down and buried IF he even made it to the WWF. The man has self-admitted that he pie faced and sucker punched every person he's been into with it backstage since ROH. Joe, Hero, Steen, Taker, Jericho, etc. would've beat his ass like a drum and management would depush him and bury him. Punk would've never made it in the good ol' days, either.

Punk attacked Perry.

Perry didn't throw hands first.

Legally speaking, doesn't matter what Perry said, that's aggravated assault on Punk's part.

In the world of sports, sucker punching and choking another player that was clucking at you is a game misconduct plus suspension for first time in hockey. It's ejection and suspension in basketball, football, and baseball. Perry probably gets a game misconduct and ejection, too.

It wasn't Punk's first incident in wrestling. He's done chicken **** scruffs in every promotion, every time. It was his third or fourth altercation in AEW.

Take the rose rimmed glasses off and the horse blinders.

Punk is toxic.

Perry is a stupid kid.

Both are separate issues.

Neither would make it in the good old days.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-12-2024 at 07:45 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Tony raised a long dead issue where most people already assumed hothead Punk started the violence part of it anyway (which Punk basically admitted).
    Long dead? Wasn't the Punk interview just a week ago? Everyone keeps saying the same thing, that it's AEW alone that keeps bringing all this back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderous Monkey View Post
    Long dead? Wasn't the Punk interview just a week ago? Everyone keeps saying the same thing, that it's AEW alone that keeps bringing all this back up.
    Punk fans ALWAYS ignore he starts every situation.

He's soft and thinned skinned. I'm always surprised guys like Piper liked him. Probably never saw his OOC interviews.

TK is thinned skinned, too. He's no saint in this situation, either.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Spectacular Member

Lets assume for a minute that Punk told truth in interview when he said Perry challenged him then Perry is an idiot to challenge someone and not be prepared to defend yourself. Please dont come with that crap that Perry can say what he wants. In real world words have consequences

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

110% agreed. But people are acting like he pooped on a woman's head or something.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderous Monkey View Post
    That's a fair point, but still, it's AEW giving attention to a big WWE star (who has enough attention) and Punk's version and the video version don't radically differ.

His management of the talent has been exposed as virtually nonexistent. He just lets them do whatever it seems and then will fire or suspend after the fighting is done. Promoters have to prevent fights, make talent coexist. Vince managed to keep Bret and Shawn on the same roster, in matches together even, despite their visceral hate for each other. Wrestling is filled with hotheads (capable of violence) who demand respect.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 04-12-2024 at 08:37 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    That's a fair point, but still, it's AEW giving attention to a big WWE star (who has enough attention) and Punk's version and the video version don't radically differ.
    OK sure. But so what? Is that *really* enough of a reason for nearly every single wrestling talking head to melt down like they are?

After negotiating back and forth with WWE and AEW, Brian Cage has extended his contract with AEW.

He was expected to jump with Jade.

Gonna be a fun summer of seeing who goes where!

Punk fans ALWAYS ignore he starts every situation.

He's soft and thinned skinned. I'm always surprised guys like Piper liked him. Probably never saw his OOC interviews.

For me, if we're specifically talking the AEW stuff, the hypocrisy from Punk getting up in arms about Adam Page "getting into business for himself". Oh! You mean the thing that you have made your career off from doing to others? And then having the gall saying that it didn't actually bother him, and then proceed to go on, was it a hour long rant? I forget how long his part of the scrum was post All Out, but the stuff he talked about there like...Colt Cabana? He's a fucking jobber, and one could say you ruined by going on his podcast to bury his former work place, but I digress. Yeah okay buddy, you're an adult.

And TK clearly has a leadership problem but at the same time...have y'all seen and heard the guy? Definitely not someone who wants to deal with conflict, especially if they're people he thinks his cool. If nothing else he should hire himself a heavy who can deal with all the though situations if he himself can't do it. He has enough money. You can get a person for anything.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Of course Punk had every right to expose the doctor who completely misdiagnosed his health issue. A fact...he won in court over that one (which pissssed off Vince because he beat someone in court then working for WWE. (The doctor still does according to reports...he's just kept away from Punk I believe)

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2018/06...dr-chris-amann

The Colt Cobana situation was involved in this and it went beyond it to them not being friends. Where the talk was Punk had his fired in AEW (which he didn't) and its like no one cleared this issue up. This is what made Hangman react was the belief Punk did this and it continued to spiral.

This is why Punk was angry...for months it grew and grew...it grew into Hangman doing that. The owner wouldn't step in and call a meeting to clear the air. It was basically letting it build....and build....
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Of course Punk had every right to expose the doctor who completely misdiagnosed his health issue. A fact...he won in court over that one (which pissssed off Vince because he beat someone in court then working for WWE. (The doctor still does according to reports...he's just kept away from Punk I believe)

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2018/06...dr-chris-amann

The Colt Cobana situation was involved in this and it went beyond it to them not being friends. Where the talk was Punk had his fired in AEW (which he didn't) and its like no one cleared this issue up. This is what made Hangman react was the belief Punk did this and it continued to spiral.

This is why Punk was angry...for months it grew and grew...it grew into Hangman doing that. The owner wouldn't step in and call a meeting to clear the air. It was basically letting it build....and build....
    I am well aware of the situation, and good on Punk for actually winning the case, I'm just saying the situation in how he decided to air it was probably not the smartest and the fallout from that is what caused the Punk and Colt break-up. If I hadn't said it before. **** companies in general especially carny pos wrestling promotions.

Again though, the whole Page/Punk situations. The whys behind it isn't the relevant part. It's that Punk got upset over something he himself has made a career of in the business. But Punk strikes me as a person who can't take a L and move on and holds a grudge like nobodies business.

I think I'll have to put in a disclaimer here that I actually quite like Punk as a performer/talker and he was one of the reasons why I did pick up AEW after his suspension (and because I wasn't going to start watching 10 hours of WWE wrestling a week), but he just has to curb himself. Because he's always come off as an unlikable ****.
    Last edited by Jeremi; 04-12-2024 at 11:19 AM.

RIP to Akebono