Page 125 of 188 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2810

Yeah Rock and Roman whupped their asses like they stole something.

Sounds like the releases were to be announced later this week? And there's more coming? Sapp, Alvarez are in sync on it. As are a few other big ones. SI just reported it. Jose and The Boys are a big deal, as the latter were the prize of the Dalton/TV feud. I guess Taya and Johnny truly lost them in the woods! The rest are hardly around or no idea they had contracts.

TK is putting on his big boy pants.

I'm on the patron now and Scorpio Sky & Private Party are being discussed as be cut next by Sapp.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-01-2024 at 08:31 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I’m just stunned Khan is releasing people and not just sending them home to never be seen agajn.

I have to wonder if Miro and Keith Lee get released. Rumors are Lee wants to go back to WWE and Miro doesn’t seem to care anymore.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah I can't imagine Cody losing at mania after 2 beatdowns like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I’m just stunned Khan is releasing people and not just sending them home to never be seen agajn.

I have to wonder if Miro and Keith Lee get released. Rumors are Lee wants to go back to WWE and Miro doesn’t seem to care anymore.
    He canned the nepo hires.

They got a new outreach team.

He hired a new merch squad and got some good deals with places like Neff and Turbo Tax.

They are booking smaller venues for non PPVs.

This would be the next logical step in being a boss, not a bro.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He canned the nepo hires.

They got a new outreach team.

He hired a new merch squad and got some good deals with places like Neff and Turbo Tax.

They are booking smaller venues for non PPVs.

This would be the next logical step in being a boss, not a bro.
    and people are still giving him shit about it. meaning that for some folks, its never good enough when it comes to AEW.

as for the releases, i'm not too upset. like when the E did a round of cuts last year, if any of them still wanna wrestle, they got options. its no longer "WWE or nothing".

the boys were a bit of a surprise, since they are tied to dalton and all but then again, almost anyone can be a boy.

I don't have a problem with Tony finally releasing people he should've been doing it for years. The problem comes from him making such a big deal out of saying he'd never release anyone and instead would let their contracts run out. He's probably getting flak for firing people who mostly aren't on tv because of this. If he never went on about how unethical releasing talent was nobody would care. He's also bragged about how much money his family has and recently told Bischoff AEW will be getting a new tv deal soon. With all that in mind he obviously can afford to continue paying these people so what made him do such a 180?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'm not ripping Khan for making a decision to release talent he's not gonna use. I'm just surprised he finally did it after so long. Maybe this is the response in a way to the Punk interview where he goes to Tony Khan , "Can you please handle this...come on..."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and people are still giving him shit about it. meaning that for some folks, its never good enough when it comes to AEW.

as for the releases, i'm not too upset. like when the E did a round of cuts last year, if any of them still wanna wrestle, they got options. its no longer "WWE or nothing".

the boys were a bit of a surprise, since they are tied to dalton and all but then again, almost anyone can be a boy.
    sorry-ftr-brodie-king-danhaussen-and-wait-let-me-play-that-v0-8qtf4ihyxyrc1.jpeg
    No he's getting shit for it because he told everyone he'd never release anybody under any circumstances and has gone back on that promise. He was so obsessed with being the good billionaire, the anti Vince and the best boss ever he'd promise things that weren't realistic. Before AEW started they said all the wrestlers would have healthcare. They backtracked on that fast once the company started. It's like Tony needs validation for being a good person. He can never just do something and not announce it for internet brownie points.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

IVS.jpg

Did anyone else catch this at the weekend?

It was pretty silly and fun for the most part. A few well placed moments to remind you that Suzuki is not to be fucked with. Maki swears a lot.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    I don't have a problem with Tony finally releasing people he should've been doing it for years. The problem comes from him making such a big deal out of saying he'd never release anyone and instead would let their contracts run out. He's probably getting flak for firing people who mostly aren't on tv because of this. If he never went on about how unethical releasing talent was nobody would care. He's also bragged about how much money his family has and recently told Bischoff AEW will be getting a new tv deal soon. With all that in mind he obviously can afford to continue paying these people so what made him do such a 180?
    One of the guys he released Anthony Henry was on the injured list. Tony Khan fired a guy who is on the shelf. Make of that as you will.

KENTA's shit posting does not disappoint about the Punk interview.

Why was Zach Ryder wrestling Edge? Seems that AEW has enough talent, they don't need to bring in company part timers for a match...It's not really fair to the guys in the back...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Why was Zach Ryder wrestling Edge? Seems that AEW has enough talent, they don't need to bring in company part timers for a match...It's not really fair to the guys in the back...
    well they've been doing open challenges with in house talent for years at this point. this one felt special due both adam and matt's connection, as well as matt being "the king of the indies".

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    sorry-ftr-brodie-king-danhaussen-and-wait-let-me-play-that-v0-8qtf4ihyxyrc1.jpeg
    No he's getting shit for it because he told everyone he'd never release anybody under any circumstances and has gone back on that promise. He was so obsessed with being the good billionaire, the anti Vince and the best boss ever he'd promise things that weren't realistic. Before AEW started they said all the wrestlers would have healthcare. They backtracked on that fast once the company started. It's like Tony needs validation for being a good person. He can never just do something and not announce it for internet brownie points.
    my thinking on it is this: at the time, getting released was tantamount to a death sentence for your career. before AEW was around, if you got released from the E, you weren't gonna do much or make much outside of it. now? wrestling is in a boom period where you can go anywhere and you will make money if that's what you wanna do. not saying all those released are or aren't gonna stay in the business but if they stay that route, they gonna be alright.

ali, nic, and riddle are making good money with TNA and new japan, i assume. and i knew they were land somewhere after they got released, due to how strong wrestling as a whole is doing.

edit: i think he said that around the time of the lockdown and the E was letting people go who would have no job due to everything shutting down.
    Last edited by master of read; 04-02-2024 at 11:38 AM.