Page 58 of 182 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Did you see NXT Vengeance Day last night? There were Cody signs, fans boo'd the smackdown recap and the WrestleMania promotion.
    I think Ava Raine also got booed. People really mad lol.

Btw people boo'd the promo with Rock at Vengence Day. So its clear people are rejecting this.

Piped in Rocky chants are coming!

I can feel it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Stardom is in disarray after the sudden firing of their founder.

Giulia comments from November suddenly make sense.

The thing that Rossy Ogawa has built is being destroyed. Up until last year and the year before, we had a lot of momentum, didn't we? It was extremely frustrating to see that the things we had all built together were falling apart more and more. So, with that in mind, I spoke out.
    Kairi is very loyal to Rossy, so I wonder if she'll be a bridge for more Stardom talent coming in?
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-05-2024 at 08:56 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

On the today's Observer Radio, Uncle Dave revealed a lot of new info that he’s learned about the Rock/Roman situation, namely that it has apparently been the plan for weeks but it was kept a very close secret.

He says Rock being in the WM main event was part of his deal to join the TKO board and get his trademark back, it was all one deal. He said the deal was made on January 3rd. DA MELTZ does not know why Cody was booked to win the Rumble in spite of that, but he does know most people in the company did not know Rock was facing Roman and most people in the company were still being told as recently as last week that it was Roman vs. Cody.

The deal with Rock was done between Rock, Ari Emmanuel, and Nick Khan. DA MELTZ said “they didn’t tell almost anyone, including Paul”. He also says he doesn’t know if they have decided to turn it into an angle, but they have already made merch and signed sponsorships related to the match so he’s unsure how open they would be to changing the match, regardless of the crowd reaction.

He goes to say some sources are now saying they knew it would effect the Cody story, so they thought it would give Cody a Daniel Bryan moment. Because the red hot Cody needed a Babyface push after 2 years of being the WWE's top Babyface draw. Sapp and Alvarez are saying the same thing as is Luchablog, Voices, and Bleacher.

Who booked this crap!?

How does it help anybody when Rocky looks like an ******* and Cody as an ass clown? Bryan got his story taken away from him, Cody just gave it away and slunk away.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-05-2024 at 09:05 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    On the today's Observer Radio, Uncle Dave revealed a lot of new info that he’s learned about the Rock/Roman situation, namely that it has apparently been the plan for weeks but it was kept a very close secret.

He says Rock being in the WM main event was part of his deal to join the TKO board and get his trademark back, it was all one deal. He said the deal was made on January 3rd. DA MELTZ does not know why Cody was booked to win the Rumble in spite of that, but he does know most people in the company did not know Rock was facing Roman and most people in the company were still being told as recently as last week that it was Roman vs. Cody.

The deal with Rock was done between Rock, Ari Emmanuel, and Nick Khan. DA MELTZ said “they didn’t tell almost anyone, including Paul”. He also says he doesn’t know if they have decided to turn it into an angle, but they have already made merch and signed sponsorships related to the match so he’s unsure how open they would be to changing the match, regardless of the crowd reaction.

He goes to say some sources are now saying they knew it would effect the Cody story, so they thought it would give Cody a Daniel Bryan moment. Because the red hot Cody needed a Babyface push after 2 years of being the WWE's top Babyface draw. Sapp and Alvarez are saying the same thing as is Luchablog, Voices, and Bleacher.

Who booked this crap!?

How does it help anybody when Rocky looks like an ******* and Cody as an ass clown? Bryan got his story taken away from him, Cody just gave it away and slunk away.

There is one minor kink in Meltzers story. On January 1st the Rock was written to come out and challenge Roman Reigns. He said he’d go be the Head of the Table. So HHH had to know this was coming.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Rock wins but the match is not for the title.
    Cody beats Seth for the title.
    Roman goes nuts and starts laying waste to everyone and everything after Wrestlemania.
    Cody and Roman meet up at Summer Slam and it's a disqualification as Cody lays waste to Roman with some help...
    Cody and friends take on Bloodline at Survivor Series. Cody wins.
    Royal Rumble, Seth wins and demands a match with Cody to get his title back but Cody pulls some shenanigans(I gave up that shot to the Rock and I want it back) and gets it to be vs Seth on Night one and He gets to fight Roman on Night 2 at Wrestlemania.
    Wrestlemania, Cody loses to Seth on Night one. Night 2 Cody wins vs Roman as Seth makes the save vs Bloodline and Cody wins clean over Roman.
    Everyone goes wild.

They could’ve just made this so easy and have Rock/Roman in a dream match to determine the real Head of the Table for Night 1 of Mania 40. Then on Night 2, you do Roman/Cody 2 for the belt.

Hell Cousin Yoko performed twice at Mania X on the same night, Roman could thug it out two nights in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    They could’ve just made this so easy and have Rock/Roman in a dream match to determine the real Head of the Table for Night 1 of Mania 40. Then on Night 2, you do Roman/Cody 2 for the belt.

Hell Cousin Yoko performed twice at Mania X on the same night, Roman could thug it out two nights in a row.
    They still may if they feel the backlash...

Ultimate Member

Things will really blow up if the Rock and Roman match doesn't turn out well, and I'm betting that Seth will be out for much if not all of 2024 after Wrestlemania given his injury. The belt on RAW still feels like it's just for show and has no real meaning. Rock vs Roman has been BADLY botched so far and I'm not expecting them to fix things.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Things will really blow up if the Rock and Roman match doesn't turn out well, and I'm betting that Seth will be out for much if not all of 2024 after Wrestlemania given his injury. The belt on RAW still feels like it's just for show and has no real meaning. Rock vs Roman has been BADLY botched so far and I'm not expecting them to fix things.
    We don't know if it's botched or if there is an actually plan. All we know is that we jump to conclusions and exclaim the sky is falling!!!!

Ultimate Member

Then it shows that either WWE execs don't care much about Cody as they didn't communicate the plan and have Cody not win the Royal Rumble or do something different . The botched comes from people's reactions and such as Rock and others expected positive reactions.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Roman buried the WHC harshly. It's true but he didn't have to say it lol

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Even if Rock/Roman is part of a long-planned thing to make Cody like the next Daniel Bryan, it could massively backfire if at Mania the crowd boos the Rock/Roman match. It can be a mistake to misread the audience even if all this was all well intentioned for Cody.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”