Page 154 of 184 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2758

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Prime Barry Windham was a beast of an athlete. Him and Flair were doing 60+ minute matches regularly. He then says that the next run in Florida they had some 90 minute matches.

“We had to keep moving to keep fans watching…”

That gold Rolex that Cody had of his dads , well Barry wore it awhile. He reveals the wager made for him to wear it. This shows the conditioning Windham had then.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    C'mom bro, they were chanting for Punk. I know you like AEW but really...
    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    People were chanting they were also booing I'm not saying it the whole crowd turned far from it but there was cm punk us a Pussy and f cm punk chants as well as cheers
    You guys are both wrong!

They were chanting See Them Bucks!

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I believe the first half of Sapp's report. I can believe that releasing the footage was the Bucks idea and Osprey has a history of saying dumb things on Twitter. The morale being great is BS. The look on Schiavone and Renee's faces when those segments happened didn't tell that story.
    I can totally see a little from column A and column B going on here.

The days of the dert Sheetz being absolute is gone! Praise the wrestling gods.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Beastie I think it’s likely a bit of both moral wise in AEW. The Bucks and their friends believe it’s all great and they sure showed CM Punk up. But there are others likely making a Schiavone face right now knowing this made AEW look bush league.

Had he praised Cody online being WWE World Champion now and how he played a part in building the company…he comes across as great.
    I don't doubt for a minute it's mixed at best.

I do agree that the "company is doomed" hyperbole is overblown.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The Bucks "killed the company" sentiment is overblown. AEW will go on for as long as Tony wants to put money into it. People don't know how wealthy the Khans are.

The Bucks "killed the company" sentiment is overblown. AEW will go on for as long as Tony wants to put money into it. People don't know how wealthy the Khans are.
    AEW isn’t dead for sure. This may impact free agents later going there to see how far Tony and those there overreact to this , without taking accountability as a boss earlier.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

According to some wrestling people that inquired on YouTube and Facebook, the copyright strikes are coming from the GDPR and not AEW.

They got hit, too, which is why they've been scrubbing the footage before the program even finished airing.

AEW could be facing some legal trouble over airing the footage due to violating some CCTV laws across the pond.

Time will tell ...

the notion that if something has happened in wrestling backstage for years means it's acceptable is funny. you could apply that logic to everything from racism to sexual assault.

when was the last backstage fight in wwe anyways??

Yet wrestlers are still competitive. They compete to get noticed, to get spots on TV, to move up the card.
    people are competitive in office and other work settings as well for similar reasons, doesn't mean you can hit people.

Tony could have prevented that fight from happening if stepped in like Punk wanted.

IMO, that fight wasn't a firable offense. Sammy and Eddie Kingston got into fights during their time in AEW and didn't lose their jobs over it. Andrade attacked Sammy for the express purpose of getting fired and it didn't work. Tony isn't consistent on this matter.
    why does tk need to step in for punk to control himself in a situation he initiated??

when you have priors it is a firable offense, they even did a lengthy investigation by an outside group to determine so.

if you look at this from an "us vs them" standpoint it's a big win for punk/wwe and a loss for aew. if you're not into the "us vs them" stuff it's just bad for aew as it dragged the show down.

on the plus side i might go check out the ppv in vegas in late may, tickets are decently priced and vegas is always fun.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 04-11-2024 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    People were chanting they were also booing I'm not saying it the whole crowd turned far from it but there was cm punk us a Pussy and f cm punk chants as well as cheers
    Yes there were some negative chants about Punk that's to be expected but there were more people chanting his name. So from a kayfabe perspective how are we supposed to react to the footage? Punk's not in the company anymore, somehow made the boss fear for his life, called him a clown and the company a joke. I'd assume we aren't supposed to back him. The Bucks are heels who abuse their power so we're not supposed to support them either. Jungle Boy is a heel in New Japan so nope he's not supposed to be cheered either. Are FTR the faces in this whole thing? The guys who are friends with AEW's public enemy #1?

This was an unbelievably bad idea from the get go and now the footage is erased from the official uploads. Did they not dot their I's and cross their T's in making sure everything was 100% legal? They were in such a rush to get 819k viewers they didn't do their homework on the legalities involved.

There was FB folks claiming how Ospreay won’t get a future chance in WWE after the HHH comments. But I doubt HHH will care what he says if he becomes a draw in AEW and someone he could future add.

Ospreay is only 31 so he has years in front of him.

since assclown is calling himself lionheart again he should really start doing his old oblivious heel character. have hook suplex him on his head and suddenly he thinks it's 1997.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

why does tk need to step in for punk to control himself in a situation he initiated??

when you have priors it is a firable offense, they even did a lengthy investigation by an outside group to determine so.

if you look at this from an "us vs them" standpoint it's a big win for punk/wwe and a loss for aew. if you're not into the "us vs them" stuff it's just bad for aew as it dragged the show down.

on the plus side i might go check out the ppv in vegas in late may, tickets are decently priced and vegas is always fun.
    It wasn't Punk's fault that Jack Perry wanted to fan the flames of Internet bullshit on live TV. That's what Punk wanted Tony to address. Being a boss isn't something Tony can comprehend apparently.

It wasn't Punk's fault that Jack Perry wanted to fan the flames of Internet bullshit on live TV. That's what Punk wanted Tony to address. Being a boss isn't something Tony can comprehend apparently.
    that doesn't mean you can put hand on somebody. tk might not be a great boss but punk was a worse employee. dude is immature and has selective rage issues. perry made a comment on the pre-show that most people missed and half the people that caught it didn't even understand, it wasn't really something that need to be addressed urgently.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    that doesn't mean you can put hand on somebody. tk might not be a great boss but punk was a worse employee. dude is immature and has selective rage issues. perry made a comment on the pre-show that most people missed and half the people that caught it didn't even understand, it wasn't really something that need to be addressed urgently.

Well considering that Tony looked the other way as the other situations built towards fights without acting urgently ...how did that work out ?

At times being a boss means stepping up as situations like this happen then and there. To not go..."Oh what do you want me to do about it..." The moment a guy goes into business for himself on a card , even a pre-show ...you STEP UP.

Tony basically is letting the roster police itself and we have seen how its went. So we can't sit and complain when Punk or Andrade is beating up the roster due to heat they have backstage.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well considering that Tony looked the other way as the other situations built towards fights without acting urgently ...how did that work out ?
    not as poorly as this did obviously

At times being a boss means stepping up as situations like this happen then and there. To not go..."Oh what do you want me to do about it..." The moment a guy goes into business for himself on a card , even a pre-show ...you STEP UP.

Tony basically is letting the roster police itself and we have seen how its went. So we can't sit and complain when Punk or Andrade is beating up the roster due to heat they have backstage.
    but i thought that's what you guys want, like the good old days?? and why is it almost all of us can admit tk shortcomings as a leader but so few can also admit punk's shortcomings as an employee??