Page 170 of 187 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2799
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think Swerve needs a new finish. He needs to change how it's executed. Needing his opponent to be sit up right for them to take the stomp always takes me out of it. They should be laying down flat.
    He should be doing a flying elbow i think. If your gonna give him a top rope move...bring back the Savage elbow ...even call it that as a finisher.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Kenny didn't say anything. He says Rossy does shady **** and there are worse things but stops himself from elaborating.
    Yeah exactly he said Rossy is shady but only said it now that he's gone from Stardom and started a new promotion that's going to work with WWE. Why didn't Kenny publicly call him out for being shady before? He's implying he acts inappropriately with girls as young as 13 that's a very serious accusation. He even used the term "e-drone" when talking about him making all this even more suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Really? Which ones?

Never would've expected him to be passive aggressive.
    Diamond Dallas Page comes to mind. Page was a WCW favorite, and crowd chosen People's Champ. When the buyout happened, and Page already older than most wrestlers, was given the "stalker" role by Vince. Well, according to Page's own words, Vince refused any other idea. That led to Page offering how his and Undertaker's upcoming match would go (something he was taught by Macho Man Randy Savage himself), and well, it led to Taker's now former wife pinning DDP, and "matches" where it was just Taker beating DDP up. To say nothing of the Invasion angle that soon followed.

Needless to say, not a great time to be a WCW fan.

I want to echo this again....this was how its done really with an older star like Joe who rarely lost the last 2+ years. The guy needed to put over a new star the company was behind and well...it was good to see its Swerve. They had to build new stars with MJF.

Hopefully they let Swerve have a decent long reign as champion and build Ospreay up.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    He should be doing a flying elbow i think. If your gonna give him a top rope move...bring back the Savage elbow ...even call it that as a finisher.
    Isn't that what Bailey does as well? I think even the commentators have mentioned it, that she does the Flying Elbow to honor Macho Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Diamond Dallas Page comes to mind. Page was a WCW favorite, and crowd chosen People's Champ. When the buyout happened, and Page already older than most wrestlers, was given the "stalker" role by Vince. Well, according to Page's own words, Vince refused any other idea. That led to Page offering how his and Undertaker's upcoming match would go (something he was taught by Macho Man Randy Savage himself), and well, it led to Taker's now former wife pinning DDP, and "matches" where it was just Taker beating DDP up. To say nothing of the Invasion angle that soon followed.

Needless to say, not a great time to be a WCW fan.

A lot of the WWF guys then were not happy that the WCW guys were brought in. Then you add some ECW ones too ...and well ...there was a lot of folks not pleased. As they felt their spots were threatened in the company. A fact a few have brought up that there was some who weren't going to help things.

Undertaker is a legend and everyone points to the last decade where he would help work with young talent. But in 2001-2003 , he pretty much buried a number of guys like Page with his silliness. There is NO WAY , that Taker had to feel this helped get Page over. No way...having his wife pin him was the ultimate in burial.

Then you had the Kronik match where Undertaker and Kane didn't want to sell for the Alliance big threat guys in Kronik. So the Kronik guys decided to not sell for them comically. And Vince blamed the Kronik guys because he didn't want to upset Undertaker by saying , hey if were trying to make a team a threat...you guys gotta sell some lol.

Rob Van Dam would be another one. Rob had gotten insanely over in 2001. If you rewind tapes of things ...he was legit SUPER OVER then. And the guy was basically making the WWF Hardcore title something you had to watch. Along comes Undertaker....who basically kiboshes that and makes the belt a motorcycle deal. (In a shoot interview later Rob joked how silly this was...and it killed the belt again)

Then we had Tommy Dreamer getting over months later in 2002 or 2003 and Undertaker decides....welll gotta squash this. Tommy was becoming a very Foleyesque type face with his strange eating habits and more. Undertaker had to punk him out in a spot squash match.

So as great as Undertaker is ...he literally was someone who decided these guys were beneath him and squashed them in matches due to it.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Yeah exactly he said Rossy is shady but only said it now that he's gone from Stardom and started a new promotion that's going to work with WWE. Why didn't Kenny publicly call him out for being shady before? He's implying he acts inappropriately with girls as young as 13 that's a very serious accusation. He even used the term "e-drone" when talking about him making all this even more suspicious.
    i would guess because the company kenny works for wanted to use talent from stardom.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i would guess because the company kenny works for wanted to use talent from stardom.
    Pretty much they didn't want WWE getting Stardom talent at all.

I don't think Swerve needs a new finish. He needs to change how it's executed. Needing his opponent to be sit up right for them to take the stomp always takes me out of it. They should be laying down flat.
    It's a head stomp, not a body stomp like the Coup De Grace.

Opponent will have to move the take it no matter what.

The problem is the moves are pretty egregious, like Joe's last night.

Hence, why I think he needs a change.

The powerbomb finish last night was pretty sick. Made me wish he used the JMLD more as a finish. He used to use a pretty nasty looking Killshot variant as a homage to his old gimmick, that would be cool, too.

I wouldn't mind House Call getting the championship upgrade, either.

They had him do the superhero Swerve Stomp on dynamite, so I think I'm alone on this.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Uh, no.

Max already does the Mic Drop and Swerve already has hip issues, which is why he protects himself on hip landings.

His powerbomb was pretty dope last night.

Call it the Clown Killer Bomb and I'm good. Swerve Stomp after it again. Perfect in my book.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-22-2024 at 07:51 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

A lot of the WWF guys then were not happy that the WCW guys were brought in. Then you add some ECW ones too ...and well ...there was a lot of folks not pleased. As they felt their spots were threatened in the company. A fact a few have brought up that there was some who weren't going to help things.

Undertaker is a legend and everyone points to the last decade where he would help work with young talent. But in 2001-2003 , he pretty much buried a number of guys like Page with his silliness. There is NO WAY , that Taker had to feel this helped get Page over. No way...having his wife pin him was the ultimate in burial.

Then you had the Kronik match where Undertaker and Kane didn't want to sell for the Alliance big threat guys in Kronik. So the Kronik guys decided to not sell for them comically. And Vince blamed the Kronik guys because he didn't want to upset Undertaker by saying , hey if were trying to make a team a threat...you guys gotta sell some lol.

Rob Van Dam would be another one. Rob had gotten insanely over in 2001. If you rewind tapes of things ...he was legit SUPER OVER then. And the guy was basically making the WWF Hardcore title something you had to watch. Along comes Undertaker....who basically kiboshes that and makes the belt a motorcycle deal. (In a shoot interview later Rob joked how silly this was...and it killed the belt again)

Then we had Tommy Dreamer getting over months later in 2002 or 2003 and Undertaker decides....welll gotta squash this. Tommy was becoming a very Foleyesque type face with his strange eating habits and more. Undertaker had to punk him out in a spot squash match.

So as great as Undertaker is ...he literally was someone who decided these guys were beneath him and squashed them in matches due to it.
    I remember a lot of that now. Even how over RVD was, and I, someone that had never heard of him before, got caught up in it too, and then he got buried. Yeah, a REAL tough time to be a fan of anyone from WCW or ECW.

...Crap. Emotions I buried (no pun intended) 20 years ago, now popping back up.

For you WWE fans that only watched WWE during the Monday Night Wars; I get it. Taker had a lot of respect and sway in the locker room. But when WCW and ECW were bought out by Vince, Taker had no problem burying a lot of fan favorites from those 2 organizations. To say nothing of the "Triple H Reign of Terror". Looking back, I'm surprised I lasted as long as I did watching WWE. Watching them bury one favorite after another.

Think if Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner, or Sting had done the same to Taker, Stone Cold, or HHH if WWE had been the one to fold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I remember a lot of that now. Even how over RVD was, and I, someone that had never heard of him before, got caught up in it too, and then he got buried. Yeah, a REAL tough time to be a fan of anyone from WCW or ECW.

...Crap. Emotions I buried (no pun intended) 20 years ago, now popping back up.

For you WWE fans that only watched WWE during the Monday Night Wars; I get it. Taker had a lot of respect and sway in the locker room. But when WCW and ECW were bought out by Vince, Taker had no problem burying a lot of fan favorites from those 2 organizations. To say nothing of the "Triple H Reign of Terror". Looking back, I'm surprised I lasted as long as I did watching WWE. Watching them bury one favorite after another.

Think if Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner, or Sting had done the same to Taker, Stone Cold, or HHH if WWE had been the one to fold.

This is one of reasons Sting never came in for years. It wasn't his sole reason , but one of them as he had seen guys treated and felt that he wouldn't have gotten respected as he should have. By the time the 2010s happened , the attitudes backstage had changed ...A LOT.

This is one of reasons Sting never came in for years. It wasn't his sole reason , but one of them as he had seen guys treated and felt that he wouldn't have gotten respected as he should have. By the time the 2010s happened , the attitudes backstage had changed ...A LOT.
    But, not Vince. Taker actually had podcast not long ago where he said that, "Vince wasn't feeling the match between Taker and Sting, but did HHH and Sting".
    I am glad the backstage attitude changed, but Vince did not. Once again used Triple H to bury a big name WCW name, this time well after the end of the company and Sting spending the last decade at TNA. Even using NWO (black and white at that) for a "NWO vs DX". Would have gone better if it had been some of the remaining WCW guard instead, considering Sting is best remembered for being a pain in NWO's ass for a long time.

I’ve never understood the argument that companies shouldn’t be going after WWE names when they get released. Obviously guys like Jericho and Cody Rhodes really helped establish AEW in the early days.

Yeah I never liked the way they booked DDP or half of the ECW guys back during the InVasion angle.

I remember in the last years of ECW, they built Rhino up to be a MONSTER. He was champion, he was goring people through tables, he did that spot where he piledrove Sandman's wife through a table on the outside, then he gets to WWE and he's Edge & Christian's lackey. That pissed me off as a kid.

Also in hindsight I'm surprised they even gave Raven a contract. I heard Vince hated the guy since the 90s when he was producing Raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Yeah I never liked the way they booked DDP or half of the ECW guys back during the InVasion angle.

I remember in the last years of ECW, they built Rhino up to be a MONSTER. He was champion, he was goring people through tables, he did that spot where he piledrove Sandman's wife through a table on the outside, then he gets to WWE and he's Edge & Christian's lackey. That pissed me off as a kid.

Also in hindsight I'm surprised they even gave Raven a contract. I heard Vince hated the guy since the 90s when he was producing Raw.

I'd say the "big" star the last few years of ECW was Rob Van Dam. He had the ECW TV title main eventing PPV's at one point while Douglas was injured and his reign became very important. Rhino was being built as a monster and he did become ECW World Champion (as well as TV champion) on the final PPV. But I think everyone still regarded Rob as the "true" champion since he never really lost the TV title and had it removed due to injury.

Rhino was on his way up and he would have been a legit killer had he gotten a run then in ECW and beaten RVD.

Another factor was "look". Rhino didn't have the look the WWE and Vince really wanted to push. Look at how it effected Taz who legit had a run and how "over" he was. Taz was signed and 2 things happened....

- Taz knew the crowd at Royal Rumble 2000 in MSG would go crazy for him. Because that crowd knew the character for years and the WWE guys didn't understand it backstage. The crowd literally began chanting his name early and they exploded as he arrived. As he claimed , the WWE didn't want this weirdly.

- He walked backstage and as he claims...no one came up to him to put over the debut. It was said later by sources Vince was shocked how short Taz was ...which is insane. But you get the gist of it....Vince saw him as a short guy and didn't like how over he was and ....buried him.