Page 150 of 184 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2760

AEW has already cut and removed the footage from their socials & on the replay.

I don't think this footage would convince anyone to switch the opinion they already had on the subject.

Anyone who hates Punk and is glad he's gone is already watching AEW.

Anyone who sides with Punk just thinks he looks justified for attacking someone they think started it.

If you have no idea about any of the backstage shenanigans or don't care about / look for that stuff, you are confused as Hell.

Dumb move, dumb angle, helped the Drew vs. Punk feud (when you Google this, their WM 72 hours of chaos shows up), made your own talent look stupid, and it already looks to be the lowest segment as it's already getting stripped off the "marketing".

Whomever is booking ROH needs to take over AEW ... Like yesterday.

And man I felt for Hero watching it. And Black made it comical.

Still shocked they showed it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

If this is real then it’s the funniest thing from this entire debacle…

IMG_2133.jpg
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

AEW was copyright striking due to the west coast airing and delayed viewers. they want people to tune in because this was a ratings ploy and nothing more

Such a shame they decided to go this route. As people have mentioned it's a moot point because everyone has already taken a side, and those that didn't know about it obviously didn't care.

Probably one of the biggest blunders they've done since I started watching in earnest post Punks first backstage brawl lol.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like we shouldn't get things twisted here.

None of this makes Punk look good. All it does is make AEw look bad

Nonsense aside...

If you honestly believe that a company where Stokely is apologizing for saying Eddie smells like Burger King and Newports in public is going anywhere?

It might be time to reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yup it went down pretty much like Punk said it did. So the live crowd was chanting "CM Punk!" Wow.
    They were chanting F cm punk ....

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    AEW has already cut and removed the footage from their socials & on the replay.

I don't think this footage would convince anyone to switch the opinion they already had on the subject.

Anyone who hates Punk and is glad he's gone is already watching AEW.

Anyone who sides with Punk just thinks he looks justified for attacking someone they think started it.

If you have no idea about any of the backstage shenanigans or don't care about / look for that stuff, you are confused as Hell.

Dumb move, dumb angle, helped the Drew vs. Punk feud (when you Google this, their WM 72 hours of chaos shows up), made your own talent look stupid, and it already looks to be the lowest segment as it's already getting stripped off the "marketing".

Whomever is booking ROH needs to take over AEW ... Like yesterday.

And man I felt for Hero watching it. And Black made it comical.

Still shocked they showed it.
    it was plain to see it was a bad idea from the get go and the overreactions/writing of company obituaries were predictable. like i said when tk first brought punk back, i can't feel sorry for him when things go bad now.

Never mind Toni/Rosa.

AEW fans chanted Punk's name during the footage and as the Bucks were in the ring, that was a complete and utter failure. If anything chanting his name might become a thing during shows especially when the Bucks or Jungle Boy are out there. It's funny AEW fans are talking about Punk being violent when Cash Wheeler pulled a gun on someone during a fit of road rage and no one has a problem with it. Throwing a punch and putting a guy in a headlock? Be gone bitch. Whipping out a piece because you got cut off in traffic? Make him a champion! WCW 2000 and Tony Con are trending and they're in a lose-lose situation in terms of ratings. If this boosts ratings it just proves CM Punk and not the actual AEW talent is a draw. If it doesn't it proves nothing in the foreseeable future is improving viewership.

Ospreay had every right to be angry over Triple H's grind comments since it was an unnecessary dickish jab but he chose to make a stale "hurr durr HHH slept his way to the top" joke in 2024. Repeating jokes fans made on message boards in the early 2000s isn't the burn Bruv thought it was. Renee Paquette looked uncomfortable while he said it just like Schiavone looked uncomfortable before the All In footage was shown. That man was having Vince Russo Vietnam flashbacks. What happened to the just enjoy wrestling **** tribalism stuff Edge was preaching just a week ago?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I was watching a Greg "The Hammer" Valentine shoot where he discussed how during a match Wahoo McDaniel was getting rough with him in ring back in 1970s. Greg joked that Wahoo was on the coke or something like that to excuse it. But Greg was having enough of it and just gave him a hard right to the face.

It dropped Wahoo to his knees and he worked right the rest of match. Backstage , Wahoo was mad Greg hit him like that but Valentine told him , he kept trying to stop Wahoo from being rough and he finally had to answer back. He said Wahoo worked right with him awhile after it.

Greg laughed it off and all...like it was no big deal.

Imagine if the guys of today were in ring or facing what the old guys had to deal with.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    AEW fans chanted Punk's name during the footage and as the Bucks were in the ring, that was a complete and utter failure. If anything chanting his name might become a thing during shows especially when the Bucks or Jungle Boy are out there. It's funny AEW fans are talking about Punk being violent when Cash Wheeler pulled a gun on someone during a fit of road rage and no one has a problem with it. Throwing a punch and putting a guy in a headlock? Be gone bitch. Whipping out a piece because you got cut off in traffic? Make him a champion! WCW 2000 and Tony Con are trending and they're in a lose-lose situation in terms of ratings. If this boosts ratings it just proves CM Punk and not the actual AEW talent is a draw. If it doesn't it proves nothing in the foreseeable future is improving viewership.

Ospreay had every right to be angry over Triple H's grind comments since it was an unnecessary dickish jab but he chose to make a stale "hurr durr HHH slept his way to the top" joke in 2024. Repeating jokes fans made on message boards in the early 2000s isn't the burn Bruv thought it was. Renee Paquette looked uncomfortable while he said it just like Schiavone looked uncomfortable before the All In footage was shown. That man was having Vince Russo Vietnam flashbacks. What happened to the just enjoy wrestling **** tribalism stuff Edge was preaching just a week ago?
    i had a problem with it then and wouldn't complain if he was fired now, good job calling out those god damn hypocrites true dick, stay vigilant.

bucks are heels so they weren't trying to get cheered for showing this footage and i'm assuming perry is coming back heel too. i just don't get how the fuk any of this was supposed to work out.

Having WCW2000 trend hurts, as a WCW kid. But at least, WCW was an actual rival to WWE for a time. AEW has yet to get even close to that. They did right by Sting, but so much else they are screwing up.

Out of curiosity why doesn't this site have a block feature?

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Out of curiosity why doesn't this site have a block feature?
    all of these years i thought it did.