Page 55 of 179 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Love or hate it….its very wild to think that back in 1994-1995 , the Rock had no money. Jim Ross who met him in this restaurant to sign him. After they agreed Rocky told him he’d love to buy him lunch , but all he had was 7 bucks to his name.

Jim Ross bought him food , made sure he had money to start in USWA to train as well.

Today the guy is worth nearly $300 million. Is one of biggest stars in the world, could possibly be running the WWE if TKO goes that way and….is rumored to be thinking about one day running for President of the United States.

We may question why WWE did this. But I doubt Vince McMahon would ever think in 1996 , this guy could possibly be running my WWE ? It’s wild.

For the President bit, a quote suddenly came to me that I think fits The Rock perfectly. As Lex Luthor said in the Justice League Unlimited cartoon "Why would I give up all this power... to be President?"

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I think it needs to go like this

Rock go's over RR at WM

Cody beats Rollins at WM but then Damian Priest uses MITB

Next night on Raw Cody attacks rock saying he talked him into something he didn't wanna do and turns heel

Then Cody go's over rock at the next PPV.
    Turning a top merchandise seller who's so popular he's getting a large amount of people to turn on the Rock heel would be a horrible decision. Only way out of this mess is quickly adding Cody for a triple threat match. Rock's paper thin ego won't like it when 70k people in Philadelphia boo him out of the city. He looked devastated when fans booed him raising Roman's hand at the Rumble imagine that reaction tenfold for a half an hour.

Kojima is MLW World Heavyweight Champion again!

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/mlw/s...mlw-superfight

USA Today with that mainstream coverage WWE was bragging about:

The Rock could face Roman Reigns at WWE WrestleMania and fans aren't happy.

At least it's not about Violence nice, right?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    USA Today with that mainstream coverage WWE was bragging about:

The Rock could face Roman Reigns at WWE WrestleMania and fans aren't happy.

At least it's not about Violence nice, right?
    I honestly think this negative reaction is being way overblown. Do ppl really think WM40 is gonna flop because of the Rock? Like yeah the Rock....nobody wants to see him in the main event. "Most" WWE fans are against this? I highly doubt that. I guess only ticket sales will tell. But yeah this going into hyperbole with this Rock hate on the internet. The live crowd was chanting "This is awesome!"San Diego went crazy when he said "Head of the table. I'll take that as more accurate evidence as to how this is being received.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 02-04-2024 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    PW Insider reports Brian Gewirtz has returned to WWE and will have a voice in the creative for The Rock moving forward. Some believe Gewirtz could end up as the head of creative if TKO need to pivot away from the current HHH led regime because of their ties to Vince McMahon.

I think we are witnessing something of a coup with The Rock seizing control of WWE away from HHH.
    i hope people can forgive me if i don't feel sorry for hhh.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Kojima is MLW World Heavyweight Champion again!

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/mlw/s...mlw-superfight
    i was watching. love kojima, it was a decent show too.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I honestly think this negative reaction is being way overblown. Do ppl really think WM40 is gonna flop because of the Rock? Like yeah the Rock....nobody wants to see him in the main event. "Most" WWE fans are against this? I highly doubt that. I guess only ticket sales will tell. But yeah this going into hyperbole with this Rock hate on the internet. The live crowd was chanting "This is awesome!". I'll take that as more accurate evidence as to how this is being recieved.
    it's kind of funny. people thinking rock is doing all of this just so he can make himself the champion or main event of mania LOL.

this did not disappoint

where's beastie at??

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I honestly think this negative reaction is being way overblown. Do ppl really think WM40 is gonna flop because of the Rock? Like yeah the Rock....nobody wants to see him in the main event. "Most" WWE fans are against this? I highly doubt that. I guess only ticket sales will tell. But yeah this going into hyperbole with this Rock hate on the internet. The live crowd was chanting "This is awesome!"San Diego went crazy when he said "Head of the table. I'll take that as more accurate evidence as to how this is being received.
    I posted a video of the rock being boo'd in a show in Knoxville when main-event segment of smackdown was replayed. I'm sure people would have been excited for the Rock if it didn't come at the expense of Cody.

Astonishing Member

Feels like we're getting a retread Danielson and and Batista.

As someone who’s never gotten the hype about Cody Rhodes, I’m not mad at the dream match happening between Rock/Roman. The Rock is bringing a helluva lot of more eyes to this Mania and is actually making good press, something WWE desperately needs right now to steer away from Vince’s sexual assault saga.

That being said, they should’ve had Rock be #30 in the Rumble and win and then had him challenge Roman. But now they’re up ****’s creek with all these delusional Cody fans crying and making hashtags on Twitter.

But hell I’d love to see the response this match will get if it is Dwayne that takes the belt off Roman. People will lose their minds.

I was flipping through the new Previews catalog yesterday at my local comic shop and I came across this listing: https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB241240

I can't decide if Atria books has atrociously bad timing or absolutely astonishing timing.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    As someone who’s never gotten the hype about Cody Rhodes, I’m not mad at the dream match happening between Rock/Roman. The Rock is bringing a helluva lot of more eyes to this Mania and is actually making good press, something WWE desperately needs right now to steer away from Vince’s sexual assault saga.

That being said, they should’ve had Rock be #30 in the Rumble and win and then had him challenge Roman. But now they’re up ****’s creek with all these delusional Cody fans crying and making hashtags on Twitter.

But hell I’d love to see the response this match will get if it is Dwayne that takes the belt off Roman. People will lose their minds.
    The some of the mainstream press has picked up on the story and they are focusing on the negative fan reaction of it. I'm sure they are drawing more eyes but those eyes won't be expose to the positivity of it.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I'm being optimistic. WWE already had this planned. During the Punk returning rumors they openly denied he's returning and referenced CM Punk every chance they got. Now, I'd like to think this is Triple H throwing another curve ball to Cody's chase.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The some of the mainstream press has picked up on the story and they are focusing on the negative fan reaction of it. I'm sure they are drawing more eyes but those eyes won't be expose to the positivity of it.
    True, but I’m sure the company would rather reports about polarized fan reaction than the umpteenth Vince victim at this point. But I’m also beginning to notice pro-Rock tweets gathering some attention on social media too now.

This whole thing is really getting interesting.

What is the Rock - Roman match is not for the title, but for who will be the Tribal Chief? Rock beats Roman to become the new Tribal Chief and gets to wear the Jalapeno pepper Lei. The bloodline will be torn between their allegiance to Roman and following their new chief. Cody then faces Roman at SS and takes the title. This falls into Cody saying he wants to "take everything" from Roman. By SS, Roman would of lost the title of Tribal Chief, the belt, and the bloodline will have left him as well.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Feels like we're getting a retread Danielson and and Batista.
    Only difference is ....Rock is still ...INSANELY massively over. No matter how much online fans are going off over it. We saw the reaction as fans went ape sh-t live on Smackdown. The guy is still someone who excites the crowd and this did it then.

Batista was never on a level of Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post

I'm not a big fan of Cody Rhodes. I look at him and think , given how he does his mic work , he'd be a natural big time heel. The way he carries himself etc....the dude would be a HUGE heel in today's era if he did it.

I mean the way he gets on the mic and prepares to cut the most impactful huge promo , while others do it....just screams heel. I'm waiting on the Nightmare to begin a heel run and proclaim he's gonna be EVERYONE'S NIGHTMARE in the company.

I do not think Rock can carry the belt given his commitments and his body now. He would have to stay healthy awhile and he's not worked major in a few years.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.