Page 66 of 178 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    glad to hear the real rock is back. still don't get why people blamed rock for wwe not finishing cody's story at mania last year like they should've. the only problem with heel rock is how it effects the dynamic with roman.
    Roman instantly became The Rock's little bro when he stuck up for him against Cody. I want to see more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Roman instantly became The Rock's little bro when he stuck up for him against Cody. I want to see more of that.
    while funny and enjoyable for me personally i don't think it's a good look overall.

Yeah he’s supposed to be the Tribal Chief and the Head of the Table.

Rock just sonned him.

Astonishing Member

The interesting thing is, that it's not the same cocky, smug heel Rock he was twenty years ago.
    He's more cold, relentless and even scarier. That ''it doesn't matter what you think'' was cold as hell.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Rock still has an ability to make things trend. Its said Cody Crybabies was trending last night. lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

It's interesting if all this was planned by WWE.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It's interesting if all this was planned by WWE.

throw in brianson main eventing mania all being planned while we're at it.

at least they're not too damn stupid to not make adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    while funny and enjoyable for me personally i don't think it's a good look overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Yeah he’s supposed to be the Tribal Chief and the Head of the Table.

Rock just sonned him.
    But it fits with Roman's character. Roman is deeply insecure for someone who's meant to be the tribal chief. He handled off the handle at any perceived motion of his position being threatened. The man is afraid of his own enforcer. Roman staying behind the Rock is something I can believe his character would do.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    But it fits with Roman's character. Roman is deeply insecure for someone who's meant to be the tribal chief.
    Austin's whole 2001 heel run was built around deep insecurity and paranoia, so insecure heels is a long fixture of WWE and all of wrestling history really (maybe no heels were insecurity wasn't a main focus). Putting out bounties on faces?..about insecurity. Trying to avoid wrestling the face?...insecurity.

Macho Man's heavyweight championship heel run?...insecurity and paranoia regarding Hogan.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-09-2024 at 07:30 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member

Glad to see they're doing something to salvage this mess for Cody, even if it's convoluted and unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Glad to see they're doing something to salvage this mess for Cody, even if it's convoluted and unnecessary.
    Quoted for truth.

Just wait till Mania and we see a repeat of this...

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 10.21.47 PM.jpg

Bushiroad informed the Stardom roster and staff if they want to leave to hand in their notices today

https://x.com/wrestlepurists/status/...uq43-aLff7vIKw

VICE -- WWE Wrestler Ashley Massaro Accused Vince McMahon of Sexually Preying on Wrestlers in Previously Unreleased Statement: In a statement obtained by VICE News, Massaro accused the WWE founder of predation and of retaliating against her for rejecting his advances.

Vice going hard on this story.

Hopefully this helps end Paul London's blacklisting, too.

SLATE -- “It’s Too Sick and Disgusting to Really Imagine”
    The new allegations against Vince McMahon have finally pushed Bret “the Hitman” Hart to denounce him for good.

It’s like Jeffrey Dahmer, Harvey Weinstein, or Jeffrey Epstein: Vince will be a joke... He’ll be used for humor, and you’ll shake your head at the shock value… He’ll always be associated with this story, especially as it gets bigger and bigger and bigger[.]
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-09-2024 at 10:43 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    It's all about the Marketing...Sure Cody vs Roman can sell itself BUT throw in the Rock and what just happened, then you get even more money involved and more eyes on the product and that alone, makes it right.