Page 93 of 180 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2689
    Extraordinary Member

The Rock had the crowd chanting "Solo!Solo!" LOL.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 03-01-2024 at 08:29 PM.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

The Rock isn't heel, he's just showing Roman who is the head of the table. This is one poor Roman, just getting sidelined.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 03-02-2024 at 12:10 AM.

Astonishing Member

At this point, I think it's clear, that Rock is going to kick Roman out of Bloodline, after he loses the championship, setting up Roman's face turn, redemption arc (with him finally experiencing everything he's done to Jey and Sami) and match against The Rock at the next year Wrestlemania.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 03-02-2024 at 05:20 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Julia said it was Pillman's idea to move her into his group.

Pillman said he was mad when Julia was moved out of his group as his plan was to have her recruit Brock.

Griff said Pillman came up with the gimmick and the gear.

*Shrugs*

That's 3 different people including the man himself saying it was his idea.

I don't think people understand how AEW creative works.

What killed them was Griff's injury. And Griff just not being good.

Brock and Pillman IMHO would've been better.

Pillman's solo stuff with MJF was gold. But again it was because of his ring work. Not everyone is gonna be good at creative. WWE appears to be the better fit for him and that is great.

It's nice to have options again.

Your mostly right....except as Pillman claims , he laid off plans to do something elaborate because of Garrison being more new and wanting to do something he knew. Because he went off Garrison being a college athlete.

https://www.wrestlezone.com/news/130...original-pitch

But he was told by Tony Khan they were gonna be a team called The Blondes and they would be a face tag team.

But in posting this , Pillman went more with something easy to help Garrison and well...it failed. Now he gets to do the type of heel gimmick he seems to enjoy. And you can tell he's more into it than he was this one.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The Rock was legit owning Arizona out there. "This crack den !" God blessed us with heel Rock and almost every line is gold.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I saw that he had a good look , could do an ok promo at times if given time (the brief MJF deal). The in ring flashes he had. Guy had things that Tony could have worked with. There just wasn't enough TV time and so many folks there.
    good look, ok promo at times, and flashes in the ring. that's good to get signed but not enough to entitle them to more than they got. if they managed to do more with the gimmick that would be impressive. it's not like the hollywood blondes was a great gimmick either but those guys made something out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Julia said it was Pillman's idea to move her into his group.

Pillman said he was mad when Julia was moved out of his group as his plan was to have her recruit Brock.

Griff said Pillman came up with the gimmick and the gear.

*Shrugs*

That's 3 different people including the man himself saying it was his idea.

I don't think people understand how AEW creative works.

What killed them was Griff's injury. And Griff just not being good.

Brock and Pillman IMHO would've been better.

Pillman's solo stuff with MJF was gold. But again it was because of his ring work. Not everyone is gonna be good at creative. WWE appears to be the better fit for him and that is great.

It's nice to have options again.
    maybe i'm just a sucker for a well thrown elbow but i kinda like griff. i'd definitely take griff over brock anyday. maybe even over pillman longterm. i thought he made a good showing for himself in the match with edge too.

Your mostly right....except as Pillman claims , he laid off plans to do something elaborate because of Garrison being more new and wanting to do something he knew. Because he went off Garrison being a college athlete.

https://www.wrestlezone.com/news/130...original-pitch

But he was told by Tony Khan they were gonna be a team called The Blondes and they would be a face tag team.

But in posting this , Pillman went more with something easy to help Garrison and well...it failed. Now he gets to do the type of heel gimmick he seems to enjoy. And you can tell he's more into it than he was this one.
    glad he's having a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    At this point, I think it's clear, that Rock is going to kick Roman out of Bloodline, after he loses the championship, setting up Roman's face turn, redemption arc (with him finally experiencing everything he's done to Jey and Sami) and match against The Rock at the next year Wrestlemania.
    I believe Rocky isn't going to take over the Bloodline, instead he'll break up the Bloodline. He's got the whole "respect my ancestors thing going on". Deep down, he probably hates Roman for the family dishonor. I don't want him to do a face turn, but a betweener.

Heyman has been aligned with Solo for a while now. So my prediction is Jimmy will get double crossed by them leading into a feud and an eventual face turn.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 03-02-2024 at 04:11 PM.

Disco jokes about Tony calling him an irrelevant parasite. But brings up the whole tribalism aspect of WWE vs AEW. That the podcast he does with Konnan looks at the good things and bad things Dynamite does each week.

But the online sites will grab the negative parts he will mention and run it more lol…

Astonishing Member

Disco jokes about Tony calling him an irrelevant parasite. But brings up the whole tribalism aspect of WWE vs AEW. That the podcast he does with Konnan looks at the good things and bad things Dynamite does each week.

But the online sites will grab the negative parts he will mention and run it more lol…

Even if someone personally dislikes AEW or WWE, there's no denying that competition is better for the fans, the product, and the wrestlers themselves.

And here’s the thing about Disco… the guy was good at ideas backstage as Jericho detailed. That Disco was a good at some things for guys. The Man of 1,004 moves and list segment Jericho did on Nitro once …came from Disco. He would come up with things for the guys in the mid card .

He does get ripped on for an idea he claims was a joke. That he wasn’t being serious and it was the Invisible Man deal. Where a guy gets beaten by thin air etc. (someone took him seriously and it became more)

But the guy took a loser gimmick and even made Dusty enjoy it. The Dream put over how Glenn knew his character was just a loser. Yet he made it shine.

Tony blasting him was someone who didn’t respect the guys who really doesn’t know a lot of the guys of that era and what they did.

For guys who are irrelevant (Disco and Cornette), they sure do get a lot of headlines and under Tony's skin.

yeah blame the online sites but don't mention the clickbait titles posted on his and konehead's youtube channel. they use negative comments towards aew in the video titles because it gets more clicks

And here’s the thing about Disco… the guy was good at ideas backstage as Jericho detailed. That Disco was a good at some things for guys. The Man of 1,004 moves and list segment Jericho did on Nitro once …came from Disco. He would come up with things for the guys in the mid card .

He does get ripped on for an idea he claims was a joke. That he wasn’t being serious and it was the Invisible Man deal. Where a guy gets beaten by thin air etc. (someone took him seriously and it became more)

But the guy took a loser gimmick and even made Dusty enjoy it. The Dream put over how Glenn knew his character was just a loser. Yet he made it shine.

Tony blasting him was someone who didn’t respect the guys who really doesn’t know a lot of the guys of that era and what they did.
    assclown say a lot more than that about disco, so does cody.

i believe disco came up with the "loser" disco gimmick himself and brought it to wcw with him, so it's not xactly a case of being given crap and making gold.

i'm a big fan of disco's work in wcw, he was almost always a fun part of the shows. now he's just another jackoff with a podcast

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    yeah blame the online sites but don't mention the clickbait titles posted on his and konehead's youtube channel. they use negative comments towards aew in the video titles because it gets more clicks

assclown say a lot more than that about disco, so does cody.

i believe disco came up with the "loser" disco gimmick himself and brought it to wcw with him, so it's not xactly a case of being given crap and making gold.

i'm a big fan of disco's work in wcw, he was almost always a fun part of the shows. now he's just another jackoff with a podcast
    lol… actually Disco credits Raven for helping come up with the gimmick with him. That they were hanging around one day and they came up with it. This either occurred before or after he had signed with WCW in 1995. I’m going to listen to podcast and see if he mentions when.

But thus far he joked that fans now are way more sensitive at times. He brought up the heel run in Impact Wrestling where he played it as a man who didn’t think women should be wrestling. The angle was done to get Tessa Blanchard over.

But he had fans believing he was a misogynist lol.

Fantastic Member

Tony's not wrong, I've listened to Konnan and Disco's podcast it's by the far the worst one out there

lol… actually Disco credits Raven for helping come up with the gimmick with him. That they were hanging around one day and they came up with it. This either occurred before or after he had signed with WCW in 1995. I’m going to listen to podcast and see if he mentions when.
    he wrestled as disco inferno as far back as 93, debuted in wcw in 95. either way if he and or raven came up with it, like i said it's not the same as being given a bad gimmick and making magic.

But thus far he joked that fans now are way more sensitive at times. He brought up the heel run in Impact Wrestling where he played it as a man who didn’t think women should be wrestling. The angle was done to get Tessa Blanchard over.

But he had fans believing he was a misogynist lol.
    he & konehead are known to pull the WERKT THE MARKZ card when they get called on some shat.

disco
    "I am a fan of the women's wrestlers that can combine good looks with good work. If there's a girl out there whose work isn't as good but she's hotter and has sex appeal, I'm a fan of that." He also mentioned that there was too much TV time dedicated to women's wrestling.