Page 113 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2662
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Jim Cornette discussed the whole Darby Alin injury and the story. And well...Jim is right with how things got silly.

- For weeks people have known Darby was going to go climb Mt. Everest. In fact as Lash points out Darby gave a good-bye speech saying he may end up dying on the mountain as he was planning to leave then.

- So AEW decides to run an injury angle and make Darby wrestle against Jay White for ....some reason. Again....they had literally had Darby announce he was climbing Mt. Everest and was leaving. They didn't need to really write him off TV. Because the guy said , I'm leaving.

- Then Darby in some weird karma way breaks his foot before they ran the injury angle in ring. So now he can't go climb the mountain as everyone expected him too because he's legit hurt now.

- Jim was saying before the injury (legit) that he could understand if Tony was benefiting from Mt. Everest deal by having a film crew follow Darby a bit and film a spot on the mountain to air on Dynamite. He could understand that to get something from it all.

-

- But yeah this entire situation is just ....odd as hell to run with Darby.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

thank god somebody shared corny's thoughts on darby. the suspense was killing me.

the thought of punk stepping to booker is pretty funny, booker isn't one of the bucks or jack perry.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well if were doing coaches....its like Bill Cowher who coached for years and doesn't want to coach anymore as he'd prefer spending more time with his family after years of coaching. Or Jimmy Johnson ...or Rex Ryan (who is a brilliant defensive coach , not so good head coach) . Then teams blasting these guys for being out of touch , even though for years teams would call these guys , begging them to return lol.

Both men have repeatedly said they don't wanna work anymore. They have said this a lot. Why AEW fans believe that they are sitting , angry on sidelines over it all is kinda funny. I'm sure if AEW is around in a decade and 70-80 year old Cornette and Bischoff discuss something fans will continue on..."Those carny jackoffs just are angry they aren't working !"
    and both are known for their honesty. hey super have you considered the benefits of purchasing a used vehicle in recent times?? if interested i know a guy.

not a big fan of some of the booking in aew recently. breaking up the triple crown already, hook in general, scissor gang bang stuff.

sidenote: mone is not that good on the mic.

but who cares what i think, anybody heard what disco has to say??

Last edited by BigLbo; 03-20-2024 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    thank god somebody shared corny's thoughts on darby. the suspense was killing me.

the thought of punk stepping to booker is pretty funny, booker isn't one of the bucks or jack perry.

and both are known for their honesty. hey super have you considered the benefits of purchasing a used vehicle in recent times?? if interested i know a guy.

not a big fan of some of the booking in aew recently. breaking up the triple crown already, hook in general, scissor gang bang stuff.

Is it just me or is it really damn weird that people listen to Disco Inferno at all?

Anyway, Jay White's great so it was fun to see him in a single match. Crazy/shame that Darby got hurt so he couldn't climb Mt Everest. Meanwhile been watching more ROH recently (mainly because it's been the only place to see Abadon wrestle) and it's been quite enjoyable so far. I don't know if we needed yet another belt but it's fun seeing a lot of women's matches on the show. Also Dalton losing custody of the Boys...hilarious.

At my link Booker explains its part of his podcast deal. To "work" people. He mentioned if he says things about Graves , Michael Cole and others...its all part of the work.
    I don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Is it just me or is it really damn weird that people listen to Disco Inferno at all?

Anyway, Jay White's great so it was fun to see him in a single match. Crazy/shame that Darby got hurt so he couldn't climb Mt Everest. Meanwhile been watching more ROH recently (mainly because it's been the only place to see Abadon wrestle) and it's been quite enjoyable so far. I don't know if we needed yet another belt but it's fun seeing a lot of women's matches on the show. Also Dalton losing custody of the Boys...hilarious.
    carny jackoff's with a podcast are all the rage with a certain sector of wrestling fans.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I don't buy it.
    unfortunately it's become par for course for booker, that's why nobody really believed it from the get go.

carny jackoff's with a podcast are all the rage with a certain sector of wrestling fans.

unfortunately it's become par for course for booker, that's why nobody really believed it from the get go.
    I see that's stupid

Bischoff said a couple years ago that after the last WWE experience where he left Montana or Wyoming he wouldn't be moving anymore. Cornette turned down a job back in 2019 when Khan offered it.

Yes....some people don't wanna work when they have money. Its wild...I know.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Moving on...I see Edge finally beat Christian and the I Quit match should be the blow off there. This should have both men move onto different directions. Its time for Christian and his heel group to pursue Samoa Joe and go after the AEW World title.

Matt Hardy created a bit of a stir by attending RAW with his wife on Monday Night. On a public TikTok that was shared they were in a skybox watching. Its said his wife's friends invited them and Hardy only stayed 90 minutes. Sapp has said he's had no talks with WWE and he's still in contract talks with AEW.

Bischoff said a couple years ago that after the last WWE experience where he left Montana or Wyoming he wouldn't be moving anymore. Cornette turned down a job back in 2019 when Khan offered it.

Yes....some people don't wanna work when they have money. Its wild...I know.
    yep, they just do podcasts for fun. so there's this 2010 ford focus, it belonged to this old woman who really only used it to go to church on sundays, i mean it's basically brand new.

yep, they just do podcasts for fun. so there's this 2010 ford focus, it belonged to this old woman who really only used it to go to church on sundays, i mean it's basically brand new.
    Yes...sitting in front of a camera , waxing poetic on the industry , answering questions is..."work" now. So is attending conventions to sign things while sitting in a chair. I'm sure a lot of us wish we could "work" like that and get paid lol.

EDIT TO ADD : I can't help it a used car dealer ripped you off.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I got no love for Cornette but he's got a point there. There was no point in writing Darby off when he told everybody he was leaving for Everest. They could have left it at that and been fine.

TK just raved about Perry in an interview.

If he was pissed, you'd think he wouldn't go on and on about the guy.

Moné still is okay on the mic ... They need to get her away from that and into matches.

Speaking of mic time, Ospreay has improved 10x over.

The Women's Street Fight was great.

Rosa and Virtuoso are going to cost each other the title, no?

"LUCHAAAA LIBBBBRRRREEE!!" ARM BAR, lol.

Okada is champ already, hmm ... Eddie looked good in the match at least.

Adam and Christian had to of had that spot planned since they were 15-16 ... Hehe.

CHAOS wins like it should.

Hook and Jericho was good but man ... This Jerichoholic wants him to take a break.

Swerve and Butcher had a decent match. Swerve still is the star to move to IMHO.

Nice to see more Shibata outside of ROH.

Cole's puppet master schtick should've been going the second the reveal happened. Finally interested in it again.

Takeshita is got the ring ace down, just needs a different mouthpiece IMHO.

And man, it was just a promo but the crowd is way into Osprey. Super star man, he's in his prime and his weakest part is becoming most excellent.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I got no love for Cornette but he's got a point there. There was no point in writing Darby off when he told everybody he was leaving for Everest. They could have left it at that and been fine.
    White honestly now to really make this booking make sense, he has to claim his goal was to crush Darby’s dreams of climbing Mt. Everest. That he had to break his leg or foot to accomplish that.

Its prime heel heat.

*Looks at Drew's latest Twitter vid about CM Punk*

To hell with Cody, if Drew doesn't finish HIS story at Mania, then we all should riot.

That man is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    *Looks at Drew's latest Twitter vid about CM Punk*

To hell with Cody, if Drew doesn't finish HIS story at Mania, then we all should riot.

That man is amazing.
    Oh I think he will finish and Punk will cost him. It’s a perfect way for Priest to cash in.