Page 156 of 184 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2746
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    I am well aware of the situation, and good on Punk for actually winning the case, I'm just saying the situation in how he decided to air it was probably not the smartest and the fallout from that is what caused the Punk and Colt break-up. If I hadn't said it before. **** companies in general especially carny pos wrestling promotions.
    Well him and Cobana had already ended their friendship before AEW. He just got so tired of the accusations that he caused him to be fired at 1st.

Again though, the whole Page/Punk situations. The whys behind it isn't the relevant part. It's that Punk got upset over something he himself has made a career of in the business. But Punk strikes me as a person who can't take a L and move on and holds a grudge like nobodies business.
    While Punk has a history of edge biting promos ...a lot is gone over before they do it , the idea of the entire thing threw off the promo and made Punk question if Page was gonna continue to go into business for himself at the PPV. As Punk detailed to Helwani , they had went over what they each planned to say to each other and then Page threw it all out onscreen.

Punk wasn't happy as it was basically hurting his #1 face run to fans who would believe the internet crap. Tony refused to even say a word to Page over this and during it you had Hangman proclaiming how he doesn't need to listen to veterans on advice. It was basically FU ...me and my friends can do whatever we want and the owner won't say a word. And it seemed that way as we saw.

I think I'll have to put in a disclaimer here that I actually quite like Punk as a performer/talker and he was one of the reasons why I did pick up AEW after his suspension (and because I wasn't going to start watching 10 hours of WWE wrestling a week), but he just has to curb himself. Because he's always come off as an unlikable ****.
    A number of guys there liked Punk and stood up for him. A fact one got heat (Dax) for saying everyone should think of "business" and let sh-t go. But Spears (who already comically mocked the AEW stuff) , Danhausen , FTR , Powerhouse Hobbs ...they were all guys Punk was friends with. (Max himself was one and you can tell both men loved each other onscreen given MJF has said the Punk program was his best one)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well him and Cobana had already ended their friendship before AEW. He just got so tired of the accusations that he caused him to be fired at 1st.
    Yes, when the lawsuit started to drag out.

While Punk has a history of edge biting promos ...a lot is gone over before they do it , the idea of the entire thing threw off the promo and made Punk question if Page was gonna continue to go into business for himself at the PPV. As Punk detailed to Helwani , they had went over what they each planned to say to each other and then Page threw it all out onscreen.
    But isn't Punk a master wordsmith? I'm sure if as he said "didn't care" what Page said he should've been able to spin that into gold regardless of the content. Instead he figuratively fell flat on his arse, which was probably the bigger issue for him than anything else.

Punk wasn't happy as it was basically hurting his #1 face run to fans who would believe the internet crap. Tony refused to even say a word to Page over this and during it you had Hangman proclaiming how he doesn't need to listen to veterans on advice. It was basically FU ...me and my friends can do whatever we want and the owner won't say a word. And it seemed that way as we saw.
    That is definitely one way you could interpret the don't listen to veterans for advice story. Or in how Page says it it comes off as far more of a begrudging thing that he should probably work on and not a "**** any old guy trying to give me advice!" that a lot of people seem to think it was.

A number of guys there liked Punk and stood up for him. A fact one got heat (Dax) for saying everyone should think of "business" and let sh-t go. But Spears (who already comically mocked the AEW stuff) , Danhausen , FTR , Powerhouse Hobbs ...they were all guys Punk was friends with. (Max himself was one and you can tell both men loved each other onscreen given MJF has said the Punk program was his best one)
    I'm sure he's friendly enough, until the other shoe drops. Like I said, probably not hard to become a persona non grata in Punks eyes.
    Last edited by Jeremi; 04-12-2024 at 12:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member

https://twitter.com/wrestletalk_tv/s...Y8pIraJMwK6lKg

Apparently No one has ever bought a ticket to see Drew McIntyre defend a world title

guess Jimmy is out of the bloodline.

So I'm also guessing they're just waiting for Roman to come back to unleash Jacob Fatu next.

Jade and Bianca a tag team... can't wait to watch the Mega Powers explode.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Jack Perry got boo'd out the building in Chicago. He's leaning in on the controversy. Having the riot officers is a nice touch.

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/sta...54967413567892

They started singing cry me a river when the match started.

Jack used CM Punk's signature offense to get heat.

https://fxtwitter.com/AIRGold_/statu...FEFIY7K0A&s=19

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    guess Jimmy is out of the bloodline.
    Solo the new Tribal Chief now? There has to be consequences for Roman losing.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 04-12-2024 at 09:05 PM.

As always, Stratton is aces.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Jack Perry got boo'd out the building in Chicago. He's leaning in on the controversy. Having the riot officers is a nice touch.

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/sta...54967413567892

They started singing cry me a river when the match started.

Jack used CM Punk's signature offense to get heat.

https://fxtwitter.com/AIRGold_/statu...FEFIY7K0A&s=19

That is how you do it...

One difference between Jack and Punk that stuck out...

Jack managed to get through that match without winding up out for months because he got injured...

The Shield boys were without a world title for… *checks notes* ... almost five days.

Great show, BTW.

Perry is over as ****. AFI was a nice touch. Hope he uses it going forward!

He needs to come out the Codyvator next.

Speaking of Cody, if this entire WWE storyline we're going into is that absolute power absolutely corrupts, then yes, Brandi needs to be a part of that, in some way. And I will watch. Love heel Cody. He was made to be a heel.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-12-2024 at 09:43 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

If Cody went heel , Knight is the perfect rebel to go against. But I don’t think we will see a Cody heel run awhile. Knight/AJ is just a fun program that has natural heat as it echoes Bret Hart and Steve Austin.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

from a lot of responses on here, you'd think SOMEBODY said perry was a tough guy or didn't do anything wrong in the situation. also you might think that if he would've got the better of punk/backed up his talk that would change anything about the situation. punk confronts guys xpecting them to cower and when they don't he gets into fights. he seems selective in who he confronts though.

perry made a comment to the camera during a pre-show match that most people missed. it wasn't on the mic and he didn't say punk's name. why was it so urgent he couldn't wait until after his match to address it and what DID he want tk to do right at that moment?? tk seemed a little busy with a ppv about to go live.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    What world do you live in? We are talking about steroid up alpha male gym freaks. If you challenge someone like that expect your challenge to be answered
    how the fuk did you get internet access from 1988?? the guys we're talking about are playing video games and reading comic books. if they're on roids they need to ask for their money back

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Yes, when the lawsuit started to drag out.

But isn't Punk a master wordsmith? I'm sure if as he said "didn't care" what Page said he should've been able to spin that into gold regardless of the content. Instead he figuratively fell flat on his arse, which was probably the bigger issue for him than anything else.

That is definitely one way you could interpret the don't listen to veterans for advice story. Or in how Page says it it comes off as far more of a begrudging thing that he should probably work on and not a "**** any old guy trying to give me advice!" that a lot of people seem to think it was.

I'm sure he's friendly enough, until the other shoe drops. Like I said, probably not hard to become a persona non grata in Punks eyes.
    you notice the guys super listed had only known punk for a year or 2 max?? there's guys on the roster who've known punk for over a decade and none of them were speaking in his defense.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One difference between Jack and Punk that stuck out...

Jack managed to get through that match without winding up out for months because he got injured...
    both guys are immature. one is in his 20's the other in their 40's

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The Shield boys were without a world title for… *checks notes* ... almost five days.

Great show, BTW.

Speaking of Cody, if this entire WWE storyline we're going into is that absolute power absolutely corrupts, then yes, Brandi needs to be a part of that, in some way. And I will watch. Love heel Cody. He was made to be a heel.
    idk, brandi has been just horrible at everything she's done onscreen.

does anybody know how many backstage fights undertaker has been in over the years??

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Now if they'd stop pulling stunts and start focusing on their product, I could actually get behind this. I like that idea.
    agreed.

it was nice to see leyla hirsch back. first time seeing zack knight in a match, didn't look bad, seems to hit pretty hard and could do a good brawl. good match for switchblade, probably should've taken more offense considering the assdad debacle though.

Jon Moxley is the new IWGP World Heavyweight Champion!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Great show, BTW.

Perry did all the right things that night. I have my doubts about him being able to maintain this momentum but he won the night.