Page 146 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2750

So Damien Priest was at Yankee Stadium today, taking selfies with the championship belt with Juan Soto. Then he brought the belt into the YES Network broadcast booth during tonight's Yankees vs. Marlins game.
    He was even wearing a Yankees jersey. I might just become a fan of Damien Priest.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

According to stories , John Cena is coming back after Christmas 2024 for one last run he plans. An era seems to be ending soon there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Drew Gulak's name has been removed from No Quarter Catch Crew's tron. Sounds like the beginning of the end for him.

https://fxtwitter.com/CoreyBrennanFF...qzhtMvwTA&s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Not really. He's in a top heel stable alongside a WWE champion, on a show booked by someone whose already made him a world champion.

He has a pretty easy path to being a top guy, whenever Hunter feels like pulling the trigger
    He's basically a henchman at this point nothing wrong with that the only one right now with a shot at being a top guy in JD is DP.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    This is the tribalism with you I always point out, not once during Sting's run in AEW did you ever say you couldn't buy him beating up guys half his age. Sting is not only 6 years older than Undertaker but he's smaller and had to retire for a few years because of neck issues. Team Taz fleeing in fear of a 60 plus year old with a messed up neck was comical but you never voiced any problem with it. Undertaker is one of the kayfabe strongest wrestlers ever, he's straight up supernatural too. What's hard to believe about him taking Rock out? The main event was universally praised by even those who usually hate WWE but of course you have to find something to nitpick. Don't ever claim to be unbiased again.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's been confirmed that the WWE has signed Jacob Fatu and they still have Tama Tonga waiting in the wings. If they ever decide to pull the trigger on Solo being the tribal heir those two can be apart of his bloodline.
    sweet!!

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    We know what he implied and if it doesn't show anything it's going to turn more fans off. The BEST thing he could do, is just forget about it and never mention the WWE again. Focus on HIS product and how to make it better.
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Bischoff summed it up best…there are 3 outcomes coming from this. All 3 are the same…none of it helps AEW business because the guy it involves no longer works there.

- It shows Punk being the person responsible and doing more as the Bucks paint over the incident discussing it. This doesn’t help the company right now.

- The footage shows Punk choking out Perry as he described. This doesn’t help the company ahead right now.

- The footage is left ambiguous for people to decide themselves. This doesn’t help the company right now.

Conrad claimed it could be a way for Perry to return but Bischoff doesn’t seem to believe that is the intention of this.
    nobody cares what bitchoff says. tell us what does disco think??

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The Bucks and FTR wrestled at All In, and they're currently in the finals of the tag tournament. The footage is probably just involving the two teams and has nothing to do with Punk/Perry. People are just assuming it is as it's the most significant thing to come out of All In, and AEW isn't doing anything to direct it otherwise.
    That's what I've been saying from the get-go!

You can tell who watches the show and who doesn't based on the reactions.
    Bischoff summed it up best…there are 3 outcomes coming from this. All 3 are the same…none of it helps AEW business because the guy it involves no longer works there.

- It shows Punk being the person responsible and doing more as the Bucks paint over the incident discussing it. This doesn’t help the company right now.

- The footage shows Punk choking out Perry as he described. This doesn’t help the company ahead right now.

- The footage is left ambiguous for people to decide themselves. This doesn’t help the company right now.

Conrad claimed it could be a way for Perry to return but Bischoff doesn’t seem to believe that is the intention of this.
    Speaking of telling who watches and who doesn't, clearly Karate Man's second watches the show.

The return of Perry has been setup for awhile and teased for weeks, if not more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Finn is not going to be a top guy in AEW. With Osprey, Okada, Takeshita, Swerve, Bryan he's going to nowhere near there. Finn is seems to be having the time of his life in the Judgement Day so I can't imagine him leaving.
    The only place I see him leaving for is NJPW because Bushiroad has the money now and they need a vet ATM to build some of the young lions up.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Of course the other outcome is nothing because Tony doesn't show Punk moments at all. This could be a bait & switch, feels like one even. Because FTR/Bucks is happening again soon here and last happened at All In.
    I'll be shocked if it's Punk footage. And the bait and switch is on the fans as it was never advertised as one thing and then fans have to pay to see something else that is clearly inferior (i.e. a plug for the Dynasty PPV to see the actual footage but it is of Nike shoes being made for the Bucks as opposed to backstage footage from All In). It's more akin to taking advantage of a mark that thinks he knows what's what. Which is morally suspect, too. But it is the troll bucks and it is wrestling. Working the mark is part of the business. It's called a swerve.
    According to stories , John Cena is coming back after Christmas 2024 for one last run he plans. An era seems to be ending soon there.
    Didn't he say this during WM weekend? I'm 99% sure he said what his plan was.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-10-2024 at 08:44 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I actually cannot wait to see what stunt AEW pulls tonight whether it’s the real footage or a swerve.

Either way, the IWC will be entertaining with their reactions lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I actually cannot wait to see what stunt AEW pulls tonight whether it’s the real footage or a swerve.

Either way, the IWC will be entertaining with their reactions lol.
    IMHO I wish they were doing it differently.

Punk is in a new company, new feud, new injury. Just move on. Let others take the spotlight.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    IMHO I wish they were doing it differently.

Punk is in a new company, new feud, new injury. Just move on. Let others take the spotlight.
    Absolutely. Khan and his cohorts always take two steps forward but then ten steps back.

It's sad.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

And this stunt has to make what Punk said about Tony ring a bit true and it has to make someone wary like Finn Balor if he does go into free agency. Sure you could get a huge offer from AEW and sure you could be considered a top #1 guy coming in. But if the dude who literally moved the needle for business there had issues behind the scenes and the owner refused to get involved and now is acting like a child over it.....do you really wanna work there ?

With Vince gone and HHH there , people all seem happy in WWE. Trips comes across more as a adult running a company than the other guy.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That's what I've been saying from the get-go!

You can tell who watches the show and who doesn't based on the reactions.

Speaking of telling who watches and who doesn't, clearly Karate Man's second watches the show.

The return of Perry has been setup for awhile and teased for weeks, if not more.

The only place I see him leaving for is NJPW because Bushiroad has the money now and they need a vet ATM to build some of the young lions up.

I'll be shocked if it's Punk footage. And the bait and switch is on the fans as it was never advertised as one thing and then fans have to pay to see something else that is clearly inferior (i.e. a plug for the Dynasty PPV to see the actual footage but it is of Nike shoes being made for the Bucks as opposed to backstage footage from All In). It's more akin to taking advantage of a mark that thinks he knows what's what. Which is morally suspect, too. But it is the troll bucks and it is wrestling. Working the mark is part of the business. It's called a swerve.

Didn't he say this during WM weekend? I'm 99% sure he said what his plan was.
    i hope that's not the case, that's how promotions lose good faith from the fans. one of the things i liked the most about aew is they made me feel less like they were trying WERK me and more like they were just trying to sell me their product.

i just can't see how this is going to turn out well.

They would be better off acting like punk doesn't exist.

Extraordinary Member

Well damn, they showed the actual footage

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i'm............not sure how to react to that. i thought it was a troll job on FTR.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

They actually showed the Punk footage. It happened exactly as Punk said. All this just so they can blame FTR for the whole thing? This was beyond stupid