Page 144 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2766
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Post match , Jey Uso and Punk decided to give away 2 of Uso's shoes he signed. Punk put over Jey , the city of Philadelphia , Paul Heyman and the company in 4 minutes. (Which has to be a record on someone putting things over in a promo)

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I seriously hope they aren't planning to have Cody work both Raw and Smackdown. The World Heavyweight title already feels secondary to begin with without the other brand's champion being a regular on the show.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I just don’t get the Cody lovefest.

I’m sorry kids.
    I so agree. Nearly threw up in my mouth 3 times during that crappy video. Besides a great and I mean great intro Cody does nothing for me. I didnt like ROman at first and then they made him Tribal Chief and I grew to love his character. Hopefully this will happen with Cody but I doubt it. Going to be a long long boring run to me

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I seriously hope they aren't planning to have Cody work both Raw and Smackdown. The World Heavyweight title already feels secondary to begin with without the other brand's champion being a regular on the show.
    The draft will split up the belts

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    The draft will split up the belts
    They're already split. When they had the brand split before, when the Rumble winner went for another brand's title, they moved to that brand (see: Benoit). Logically Cody is a Smackdown wrestler now.

They're creating a problem just so they can solve it.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Cody should be a Smackdown guy by virtue of being WWE champion. A draft isn't needed to place him.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

As far as the draft goes, I think this is the time for the Judgement Day to split. I can see Dom leaving. I feel they've already planted that seed with Dom getting buddy buddy with Santo

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Interesting:
    Tomorrow on Dynamite, there will be a segment where the Young Bucks present backstage footage from All In, which took place last summer at Wembley Stadium.

The backstage footage in question likely refers to an altercation between CM Punk and Jack Perry. Since that night at Wembley on August 27, neither Punk or Perry have wrestled in an AEW ring.

Speaking with Sports Illustrated, AEW owner Tony Khan confirmed this is not a bait-and-switch. The Bucks’ Matt and Nick Jackson, who star in the AEW tag division and work for the company as EVPs, are going to show the backstage footage on Dynamite and discuss it on the air for the very first time.

“AEW has a great track record on delivering what we advertise, and it is real footage,” said Khan, who remained guarded over the specific content that will air from All In. “The Young Bucks will show backstage footage from All In, the most important event in AEW history–the world record-holder for the most tickets ever sold for any wrestling record, over 81,035 total–and it was an important night backstage, as well.”

“The decision is based on putting on the best show for AEW, as well as driving interest for Dynamite and our Dynasty pay-per-view on April 21,” said Khan. “This is real-life footage that affected many people, and it will air for the first time on TBS during Dynamite.”
    https://www.si.com/fannation/wrestli...embley-footage
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Spectacular Member

On last night's RAW Drew said how he thought the whole money in the bank concept was stupid. I give you one guess who is winning this years money in the bank

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The constant barrage of sponsorship ads is disgusting. Makes the entire show feel cheap.
    I hadn't watched a FULL mania live since WM XX (2004), which I attended, and I was stunned at the all the annoying ads. Stunned. So sad. So different from the first 20 or so years of Mania.

(I'm fine and used to ads in UFC, not in Mania)

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    As far as the draft goes, I think this is the time for the Judgement Day to split. I can see Dom leaving. I feel they've already planted that seed with Dom getting buddy buddy with Santo
    Very interested with what they do with Finn. I had heard rumors that his contract was up soon and he was AEW bound

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Not really...How does this help AEW? They are talking about a guy that is no longer there and working for their competition. It helps no one.

Interesting Tokyo Sports article today:

Rossy Ogawa: "We will hold a press conference to launch the new company within the next week."

Shortly after meeting with HHH and Other Kahn during WWE World.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Cody should be a Smackdown guy by virtue of being WWE champion. A draft isn't needed to place him.
    Yes I agree but someone usually gets traded to complete deal. With draft coming up might as well wait until then to settle where everyone will go. In the past Roman would always stay on Smackdown because FOX insisted on it but with new deals starting soon I dont think that is case any longer so in theory Cody could be on RAW and Damian on SD if that is what they want

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Not really...How does this help AEW? They are talking about a guy that is no longer there and working for their competition. It helps no one.
    Part of the reason it's most interesting is that: I don't know this helps AEW either.

Shameless revenge-driven ratings-grab attempt? Most interesting if that's the only motivation, an insight into the mind of Tony Khan.