Page 139 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2774
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Personally, I hate the idea of the cashing in on the title shot and the "match" lasting 30 seconds. So I'm pretty bummed that Drew McIntyre isn't the champ. And I'm pretty much over Snidely W. Punk having any career in wrestling.

The no-DQ nature of the main event allowing for the chain of events that saw Cena pound Sikoa, The Rock pound Cena and The Undertaker pound The Rock was fun. Maybe a bit too much but still fun. And I'm glad that The Story is finished. Sadly though, I'm thinking it won't be a long reign.
    I find Drew getting cashed in on is a good thing. The core of Drew's character was he had his biggest career moment in an empty arena. He wanted to replicate that moment in front of an audience but bullshit kept getting in the way. He finally achieved his goal and it's taken from him. Scotland is going to be red hot for him at Clash at the Castle.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Personally, I hate the idea of the cashing in on the title shot and the "match" lasting 30 seconds. So I'm pretty bummed that Drew McIntyre isn't the champ. And I'm pretty much over Snidely W. Punk having any career in wrestling.

The no-DQ nature of the main event allowing for the chain of events that saw Cena pound Sikoa, The Rock pound Cena and The Undertaker pound The Rock was fun. Maybe a bit too much but still fun. And I'm glad that The Story is finished. Sadly though, I'm thinking it won't be a long reign.

The WWE likely has decided to do Crockett era style booking. It’s more interesting to have a face chase after the title and win at the biggest show , than a long face title reign.

Dusty was way more interesting chasing Flair than as Champion really. The same holds true for Cody here. His chase is more interesting than him being World champion on a long run.

I think Priest will have a longer reign than Cody here as the WWE sets up who will chase him to next year.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The WWE likely has decided to do Crockett era style booking. It’s more interesting to have a face chase after the title and win at the biggest show , than a long face title reign.

Dusty was way more interesting chasing Flair than as Champion really. The same holds true for Cody here. His chase is more interesting than him being World champion on a long run.

I think Priest will have a longer reign than Cody here as the WWE sets up who will chase him to next year.
    Priest reign will be two months at most. Clash at the Castle is in Scotland. Drew is getting back his title there.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    According to Ibou of WrestlePurists WWE is officially phasing out the "sports entertainment" terminology. That would explain why Michael Cole, Corey Graves and Pat McAfee said they love pro wrestling a bunch of times at the end of the show. That has to be the most official confirmation Vince is gone gone we could possibly get.
    "Sports entertainment" is such a vaguely defined term anyway. What exactly does it mean, other than a substitute for saying 'pro wrestling'? What all does 'sports entertainment' encompass? Presumably, it'd mean something that combines elements of sports and entertainment, but where are the lines drawn? What separates 'sports' from 'sports entertainment'?

Presumably, something's just plain 'sports' if it contains no staged, choreographed, or theatrical/storyline elements. If it DOES have those elements, then it's sports entertainment.

Anyway, going out and just calling it pro wrestling is, I'd say, a good thing. There's nothing wrong with calling it that, despite what Vince might have said to the contrary.

Night 2 was miles better than Night 1, night 1 wasn't bad per se just a little lackluster tbh. Becky vs Rhea, the ladder match and main event were the only good to great matches everything else was fine to awful. The Usos' match was legitimately unbelievably bad the superkick means nothing now. The weakest thing on night 2, the Philly street fight, was a lot better. Snoop's commentary was very entertaining B-Fab and Scarlet were honestly the highlights for me. I heard Angelo Dawkins' mother passed away over the weekend so props to him for going through with the match.

LA vs AJ was solid, not sure how I feel about AJ's new theme but as he said his old one didn't really fit his current heel character so a change was needed. The US title triple threat was great, Logan could become World champion one day and most fans would accept it. Seth vs Drew was very good, not a fan of how strong Seth is booked with Drew needing 800 finishers to beat him I loved the storytelling. Drew wins but was so consumed with hate for Punk it cost him. Finally Priest remembered he held the MITB briefcase. He'll probably drop it to Drew on Scotland.

Bayley vs IYO was easily my match of the weekend until the main event, IYO reminded everyone why she's the best women's wrestler in the world and one of the bext period regardless of gender. Bayley deserved to win after how selfless she's been the past few years putting other women over. I hope they have a rematch at Backlash. The main event was the best in WWE history imo, the emotion the everyone had when Cody won was amazing. Samantha Irvin's emotional call added to everything perfectly. People might've gotten tired of Roman's reign a long time ago but he deserves props for the work he's done to elevate the entire company.
    I have to agree with you on just about all of them. The Philadelphia Street Fight was a tad predictable: we knew that with Bubba Ray Dudley as the special guest official, there'd be a Dudleys homage at some point, with both the 'Wassup' and the table, but it was okay. Bayley and Iyo delivered a great match.

And the main event certainly didn't disappoint. We knew going into it that given then NO DQ rules, we'd be seeing other people getting involved, but I was surprised at who showed up. John Cena and the Rock confronting each other seemed like a setup for a match at a later card somewhere down the road (because we all know WWE can't resist 'Two of the greatest icons who defined the WWE and defined the industry face off against each other' scenarios), especially given how much they have in common: Both of them are big WWE stars who went on to have successful movie careers.

I didn't see the Undertaker's cameo coming. The lights turn out, we hear the familiar ominous bell tolling, and then the lights came on to reveal him there. He is there just long enough to deliver a chokeslam, then the lights turn off, and he's vanished as suddenly as he arrived.

And then we have Seth Rollins entering with the Shield music and the Shield outfit. Wrestlemania has certainly been a busy two nights for Seth Rollins: Having two matches plus a contributing role in the main event. Here, it works perfectly, given his history with Roman Reigns (his former Shield teammate).

And the ending after Cody won the match was amazing. The celebration with Cody's family, friends, and allies was a perfect way to conclude Wrestlemania, and to conclude 'the story' and begin the next story.

Drew's obsession with Punk cost him.

This is the tribalism with you I always point out, not once during Sting's run in AEW did you ever say you couldn't buy him beating up guys half his age. Sting is not only 6 years older than Undertaker but he's smaller and had to retire for a few years because of neck issues. Team Taz fleeing in fear of a 60 plus year old with a messed up neck was comical but you never voiced any problem with it. Undertaker is one of the kayfabe strongest wrestlers ever, he's straight up supernatural too. What's hard to believe about him taking Rock out? The main event was universally praised by even those who usually hate WWE but of course you have to find something to nitpick. Don't ever claim to be unbiased again.
    The only person that beats the tribalism drum in this thread is you.

You also confuse posters a lot.

There's nothing about AEW in his post.

Chill out and enjoy some wrestling.
    Personally, I hate the idea of the cashing in on the title shot and the "match" lasting 30 seconds.
    I wouldn't mind some shot calling for awhile like RVD did. Or call outs. Or even interrupting promos to cash in.

It would make the surprise cash ins more meaningful.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Drew's obsession with Punk cost him.
    Exactly.

I think he'll get the title back very soon.

Drew is one of the highlights of WWE's stacked roster right now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Priest reign will be two months at most. Clash at the Castle is in Scotland. Drew is getting back his title there.
    Yeah, Drew will get that title back pretty soon.

The long-term story here is between Drew and Punk.....provided Punk's body doesn't break apart.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Punk is wanting to come back now . He said he's way ahead in rehab but WWE really wants him to heal up good and be fully healed by the time he returns.

In 2 months he'll likely be cleared and I see him facing Drew at Clash at the Castle or Sami. Priest will likely defend against Seth Rollins or hopefully...LA Knight begins his chase.

Its more interesting to get that next big face on RAW to chase Priest and with Drew a heel...its likely he has a score to settle with Punk now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Spectacular Member

I know it was past time but I am going to miss my tribal chief. I really think now that he is champ the whole vanilla Cody will get old real quick. Heard a lot of people booing him at mania already

I ACKNOWLEDGE YOU!!!

Cant wait for Gunther to be champ

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    "Sports entertainment" is such a vaguely defined term anyway. What exactly does it mean, other than a substitute for saying 'pro wrestling'? What all does 'sports entertainment' encompass? Presumably, it'd mean something that combines elements of sports and entertainment, but where are the lines drawn? What separates 'sports' from 'sports entertainment'?

Presumably, something's just plain 'sports' if it contains no staged, choreographed, or theatrical/storyline elements. If it DOES have those elements, then it's sports entertainment.

Anyway, going out and just calling it pro wrestling is, I'd say, a good thing. There's nothing wrong with calling it that, despite what Vince might have said to the contrary.

I have to agree with you on just about all of them. The Philadelphia Street Fight was a tad predictable: we knew that with Bubba Ray Dudley as the special guest official, there'd be a Dudleys homage at some point, with both the 'Wassup' and the table, but it was okay. Bayley and Iyo delivered a great match.

And the main event certainly didn't disappoint. We knew going into it that given then NO DQ rules, we'd be seeing other people getting involved, but I was surprised at who showed up. John Cena and the Rock confronting each other seemed like a setup for a match at a later card somewhere down the road (because we all know WWE can't resist 'Two of the greatest icons who defined the WWE and defined the industry face off against each other' scenarios), especially given how much they have in common: Both of them are big WWE stars who went on to have successful movie careers.

I didn't see the Undertaker's cameo coming. The lights turn out, we hear the familiar ominous bell tolling, and then the lights came on to reveal him there. He is there just long enough to deliver a chokeslam, then the lights turn off, and he's vanished as suddenly as he arrived.

And then we have Seth Rollins entering with the Shield music and the Shield outfit. Wrestlemania has certainly been a busy two nights for Seth Rollins: Having two matches plus a contributing role in the main event. Here, it works perfectly, given his history with Roman Reigns (his former Shield teammate).

And the ending after Cody won the match was amazing. The celebration with Cody's family, friends, and allies was a perfect way to conclude Wrestlemania, and to conclude 'the story' and begin the next story.
    Taker also took the Rock with him. When the lights came back on, not only no Taker, but no Rock either. It was great!

Spectacular Member

Pretty sure they showed Rock outside of ring after match was over

Spectacular Member

So what I believe will happen is that the Rock will blame Roman for losing. Saying Roman decided to hit Seth with chair instead of hitting Cody and that cost him the match. Rock will then remove Roman as Tribal chief maybe give him a beat down there by giving an excuse for Roman to be gone. Roman then comes back as a face. Rock doesnt shoot new movie until May so he can be there one more time. Solo also was yelling at Roman a lot during match so this makes sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Punk is wanting to come back now . He said he's way ahead in rehab but WWE really wants him to heal up good and be fully healed by the time he returns.

In 2 months he'll likely be cleared and I see him facing Drew at Clash at the Castle or Sami. Priest will likely defend against Seth Rollins or hopefully...LA Knight begins his chase.

Its more interesting to get that next big face on RAW to chase Priest and with Drew a heel...its likely he has a score to settle with Punk now.
    It's Drew's home country. He will be the face by default. Look at how WWE booked Rhea in the lead up to Elimination Chamber. She was still a heel when facing Nia Jax but still got a hero's welcome at the Chamber. They embraced her as a face for that one night. Same will happen to Drew. Punk will not be a face when they head to Scotland and you can believe Drew will chase Priest. Did you forget that Drew had issues with the Judgment Day during the Survivor Series build?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    So what I believe will happen is that the Rock will blame Roman for losing. Saying Roman decided to hit Seth with chair instead of hitting Cody and that cost him the match. Rock will then remove Roman as Tribal chief maybe give him a beat down there by giving an excuse for Roman to be gone. Roman then comes back as a face. Rock doesnt shoot new movie until May so he can be there one more time. Solo also was yelling at Roman a lot during match so this makes sense to me
    It's been confirmed that the WWE has signed Jacob Fatu and they still have Tama Tonga waiting in the wings. If they ever decide to pull the trigger on Solo being the tribal heir those two can be apart of his bloodline.