Page 152 of 184 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2753
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Again I can't stress how insane it is people are more upset about a guy shoving a co-worker than they are a guy literally pulling a gun on another person. If Tony's justified in firing Punk over his middle school "fight" with Jungle Boy we should be seeing "Fire Cash" trending soon. We won't which proves this isn't about punishing a violent bully but punishing a guy for not being on the right "team" anymore. Punk's been the same guy for decades. He was defended and lauded post Colt Cabana interview because he was targeting WWE. Now and only now that he's targeting AEW has he suddenly become Satan.
    It's insane to me how people seem to want to view professional wrestling as if it is corner office job. It's not uncommon for fights to break out in competitive sports with guys with major egos. Fights happen in games, training camps, press events when it comes to combat sports. These things will happen in their environment.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's insane to me how people seem to want to view professional wrestling as if it is corner office job. It's not uncommon for fights to break out in competitive sports with guys with major egos. Fights happen in games, training camps, press events when it comes to combat sports. These things will happen in their environment.
    Yep....and its been that way for many , many years as I pointed out. I think even Rob Van Dam joked ...EVERYONE has egos who get involved in this industry. A number of them have way big ones.

I said it last year when I said I wouldn't have been shocked Punk was signed by WWE because years ago , Vince signed Scott Steiner and he literally was fighting DDP backstage and more.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

prowrestling isn't a combat sport, it's not even truly a competition.

it's insane to me the people who call for tony to be a boss(rightfully so) also want him to just allow backstage fights.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well its good you missed a point here.... Punk putting Jungle Boy in a choke hold is ....well its a part of the business of guys going too far and fighting backstage for years. There have been fights in ring and out for many years. Jericho once took Goldberg down in the same way Punk did here back years ago.

These instances never had guys going "We feared for our lives..." or anything. The old school dudes just took care of it like Greg did or like how Danny Spivey did. (He was getting roughed up by Adrian Adonis in ring and he just knocked him out in ring).

Even Samoa Joe as detailed way , way back took a shot or 2 from Kevin Nash backstage in TNA. Over what he said about Scott Hall. Joe apologized later and life went on for both men.
    Exactly.

Locker room fights have been occurring in pro-wrestling for as long as most of us can remember.

Heck, promoters (like Vince) have been knocked down a number of times by wrestlers and we didn't get all this nonsense about "feArIng foR mY lIfE". I've seen more vicious fights in high school locker rooms than the Punk and Perry skirmish.

Too much has been made of all this honestly, AEW should never have released this footage. Backstage brawls aren't new and will never, ever stop given the nature of the game.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

Locker room fights have been occurring in pro-wrestling for as long as most of us can remember.

Heck, promoters (like Vince) have been knocked down a number of times by wrestlers and we didn't get all this nonsense about "feArIng foR mY lIfE". I've seen more vicious fights in high school locker rooms than the Punk and Perry skirmish.

Too much has been made of all this honestly, AEW should never have released this footage. Backstage brawls aren't new and will never, ever stop given the nature of the game.
    If no one remembers here or mentioned...Vince legit had a scary situation back in early 1990s with Nailz. The guy from reports had Vince held by his throat and people managed to break it up. Vince never seemed to let it break him , but he changed his policy after it being alone with talent. A face Bret Hart claims that Vince took steps to never be alone with talents after it and have someone with him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    prowrestling isn't a combat sport, it's not even truly a competition.

it's insane to me the people who call for tony to be a boss(rightfully so) also want him to just allow backstage fights.
    Yet wrestlers are still competitive. They compete to get noticed, to get spots on TV, to move up the card.

Tony could have prevented that fight from happening if stepped in like Punk wanted. IMO, that fight wasn't a firable offense. Sammy and Eddie Kingston got into fights during their time in AEW and didn't lose their jobs over it. Andrade attacked Sammy for the express purpose of getting fired and it didn't work. Tony isn't consistent on this matter.

TK should have just ignored the CM Punk interview and released a presser saying, "Congratulations former AEW star Cody Rhodes on your title win! He wasn't able to win it here but very proud you finally did it somewhere else."

He probably would have come off looking better, gracious, and actually vexed WWE peeps.

WWE realizes the majority of their fans have little to no concept of their show outside of when they tune in. AEW is mortgaging their future on the opposite, any way you cut it, they’re working to appeal to the smallest potential piece of their fan base. That is not sustainable as a long term business practice.

And if that wasn't kayfabe breaking enough, it shows that Perry/Hook and Punk/Joe and just casually hanging out together backstage when they're supposed to be feuding. Then a wild Malachi Black appears with a coffee in hand. And Chris Hero is trying to keep the peace. Everyone knows wrestlers get confused when the lights go out! Why didn't Black just cut the lights and appear behind them to dump his coffee on them!?

The more you think about how moronic the decision to air the footage was the more baffling it gets.

Oi ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-11-2024 at 07:42 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Yet wrestlers are still competitive. They compete to get noticed, to get spots on TV, to move up the card.

Tony could have prevented that fight from happening if stepped in like Punk wanted. IMO, that fight wasn't a firable offense. Sammy and Eddie Kingston got into fights during their time in AEW and didn't lose their jobs over it. Andrade attacked Sammy for the express purpose of getting fired and it didn't work. Tony isn't consistent on this matter.
    Well ... It was the third or fourth time Punk was involved in an incident. Warning, suspension, fired is a standard practice.

Eddie got suspended on incident #2 as did Sammy and Jungle Boy.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

If this is what made Khan fear for his life...Well that just says everything. I mean I guess the guy's been sheltered his whole life cuz he's a billionaire. But wrestlers calling the shots in the attitude era was a work. It was Vince who was in control the whole time. With Khan, wrestlers the calling shots is RL.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    TK should have just ignored the CM Punk interview and released a presser saying, "Congratulations former AEW star Cody Rhodes on your title win! He wasn't able to win it here but very proud you finally did it somewhere else."

He probably would have come off looking better, gracious, and actually vexed WWE peeps.

WWE realizes the majority of their fans have little to no concept of their show outside of when they tune in. AEW is mortgaging their future on the opposite, any way you cut it, they’re working to appeal to the smallest potential piece of their fan base. That is not sustainable as a long term business practice.

And if that wasn't kayfabe breaking enough, it shows that Perry/Hook and Punk/Joe and just casually hanging out together backstage when they're supposed to be feuding. Then a wild Malachi Black appears with a coffee in hand. And Chris Hero is trying to keep the peace. Everyone knows wrestlers get confused when the lights go out! Why didn't Black just cut the lights and appear behind them to dump his coffee on them!?

The more you think about how moronic the decision to air the footage was the more baffling it gets.

Oi ...
    WWE engages in similar behavior as AEW but they go about it differently. When WWE takes shots and/or get "insider baseball" they will do it on a pre-show, press conferences, media interviews, podcasts, etc. They'll never do it on their main shows for the reasons you mentioned. They've perfected the when and where. You will never hear Micheal Cole introduce CM Punk as the man who wrestling marks who to make headlines on Raw.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Can't wait for Tama Tonga to hit the WWE(like WWF better), I hope he wins the United States title from Logan Paul, feuds with the Bloodline & reunites Bullet Club!!!
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

WWE engages in similar behavior as AEW but they go about it differently. When WWE takes shots and/or get "insider baseball" they will do it on a pre-show, press conferences, media interviews, podcasts, etc. They'll never do it on their main shows for the reasons you mentioned. They've perfected the when and where. You will never hear Micheal Cole introduce CM Punk as the man who wrestling marks who to make headlines on Raw.
    Exactly.

Like the Osprey comment in his promo, read the room.

Not the time or place for those shenanigans.

Save that stuff for the parts the smarks tune in.

Oi ...
    That's the entire moral of the story.

At this point in the game, I'm waiting for AEW to bring in Vince Russo out of retirement.

Incredible Member

Exactly.

Like the Osprey comment in his promo, read the room.

Not the time or place for those shenanigans.

Save that stuff for the parts the smarks tune in.
    punk seemed to believe he's a locker room leader but he's anything but one. Hope drew beat him

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    punk seemed to believe he's a locker room leader but he's anything but one.
    Many that are/were in the AEW locker room would beg to differ. There are just as many people that praised him for helping them as there are that hate the guy.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans