Page 174 of 187 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2801

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I get building and the journey and all that, but damn how much building do you have to do for a star like Liv? They didn't let her win the Rumble, they didn't let her get Elimination Chamber when a good chunk of the audience wanted her to win those. This has been the most interesting she's been in a long time, you strap that rocket on her and let her go out there as champ and still take Dom, still feud with Becky and let her get over and build her into a champion heel.

But I guess we'll see where Becky goes... AGAIN.
    You give her the title and she INSTANTLY becomes boring...Even more boring then she already is...She has the title and WHY the incentive to take Rhea? She already has the title, the most important thing. You take that LAST.
    Watch her story blossom and it will make her so much more interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    You give her the title and she INSTANTLY becomes boring...Even more boring then she already is...She has the title and WHY the incentive to take Rhea? She already has the title, the most important thing. You take that LAST.
    Watch her story blossom and it will make her so much more interesting...
    I was gonna have a rebuttal but then I thought about it and I get what you mean. Just hope they give her a bone soon.

And sidebar, but Chris Jericho is clearly hearing voices. Talking about he thanks all the fans that cheered for him in that match where half the arena was chanting "PLEASE RETIRE"

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I was gonna have a rebuttal but then I thought about it and I get what you mean. Just hope they give her a bone soon.

And sidebar, but Chris Jericho is clearly hearing voices. Talking about he thanks all the fans that cheered for him in that match where half the arena was chanting "PLEASE RETIRE"
    That was his Lets Go Brandon moment...

Liv WILL get the title. There is no doubt about that, unless she really messes up, just like Cody, gotta let the story play out...SHE is their long term story right now.

Extraordinary Member

So, Major news which will have an impact on the Wrestling industry: The FTC is introducing a rule that will ban Non-compete Clauses. (not specifically wrestling Non-Competes, Non-Competes in general)

Thee rule is not going to go into affect for 120 days, and there will no doubt be lawsuits to delay that. But if it does go into effect, it's pretty obviously gonna have a major effect on the wrestling industry

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So, Major news which will have an impact on the Wrestling industry: The FTC is introducing a rule that will ban Non-compete Clauses. (not specifically wrestling Non-Competes, Non-Competes in general)

Thee rule is not going to go into affect for 120 days, and there will no doubt be lawsuits to delay that. But if it does go into effect, it's pretty obviously gonna have a major effect on the wrestling industry
    That would be great now if they can put a stop to copyrighting wrestling names so they can use any name they want in any company.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Weeks ago I discussed Scott Norton's shoot recently where he discussed how he enjoyed working more in Japan than he did WCW. But his career really began in the late 1980s in AWA.

- As Norton tells it , he was backstage when he came in and he was told he would be forming a team with John Nord aka Yukon John. So he wanted to be called Big Scott Norton or lumberjack to play it off.

Greg Gagne sees him and tells him backstage they have a name for him "Flapjack" Scott Norton. He's like...ugh. So he tells Greg he doesn't wanna be called that and to not do it. Greg tells him they won't.....

- Norton claims Greg however just lied and the announcer who introduces him later calls him "Flapjack" Scott Norton. This ticks off Norton who after the match goes to tell Greg who left lol.

- As Norton claims the next week or 2 later at tapings some fans would show up with pancake syrup and pancake flippers. Which he knew he'd be saddled with that name in AWA. He liked Nord , hated the name and the video shows this a bit.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

Well ... WWE typically was the only one to use it and it technically wasn't a non-compete clause. It was just a timed contract sit out period.

And pretty much nobody is having to wait anymore unless they **** up.

Even then, guys like Punk and Riddle got hired immediately.

I hope companies don't start longer sitout periods.
    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    That would be great now if they can put a stop to copyrighting wrestling names so they can use any name they want in any company.
    That's gonna take a union.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

How does her winning make sense?
    Her LOSING makes more sense as it gives her more drive to set up a huge program when Rhea comes back...
    Liv is going to get Dom, Get the Judgement Day and then get the title, THEN Rhea comes back with a vengance. IF she gets the title now it does NOTHING for her. You build to it and the story will write it self. Her getting the title is the climax of the story not the rising action of the story. Ya'll need to go back to 8th grade literature and understand a story.
    Becky is a placeholder, nothing more and nothing less.
    i wouldn't go THAT far, but i agree losing did MORE for her than winning would have.

god i hope this means we're getting a 2024 version of lionheart oblivious heel jericho.

Liv WILL get the title. There is no doubt about that, unless she really messes up, just like Cody, gotta let the story play out...SHE is their long term story right now.
    that shat with cody was played out, and ruined the big roman vs rock match that was planned for years. that turned into a happy accident but i don't think adding an xtra year to cody's story made it that much better. liv story was already long term even if she had won on raw.

Incredible Member

sure, bring lana back so liv can finish her story. lol

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    sure, bring lana back so liv can finish her story. lol
    now that's long term storytelling!!

NFL Films is doing a documentary on TK splitting his time between AEW and the Jaguars the week of the draft.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    NFL Films is doing a documentary on TK splitting his time between AEW and the Jaguars the week of the draft.
    did somebody post something about aew being the number 3 something in sports behind wwe & ufc??

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    did somebody post something about aew being the number 3 something in sports behind wwe & ufc??
    Moneywise, they are number 3 in combat sports according to Forbes/Bleacher.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Faced with trying to get this angle of The Elite and Jack Perry over beyond boos in Chicago ...Tony Khan decided to do something I think many never expected. He became an onscreen character now and took a beat down on Dynamite. Which is a good move.

If this is a logical storyline , Tony will need to get some forces to get his company back from Elite now. But he needs to stay off screen at least til Double or Nothing. Let your new heel stable run the show. In fact I'd say this....

Combine the heel stable of Adam Cole's with The Elite and create The Undisputed Elite. Let these guys run as a major heel group over ROH , Dynamite and Collision. This can be your major BIG angle and you can use this to build a big face group ahead when MJF returns.

In fact the group can try and recruit Swerve Strickland and you can have the Bucks and Cole offer him women , a row of sports cars and more. But they can screw up one thing... "This is our house Swerve...." as the Bucks claim.

Swerve can go..."WHO'S HOUSE....?!" and you know they lost him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

NFL.com: Jaguars' Tony Khan takes punch, piledriver on 'AEW Dynamite' show.

https://www.nfl.com/news/jaguars-ton...-dynamite-show

They're running the angle at the draft!