Page 128 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2778

If Tony couldn't handle the situation as the talent wouldn't listen to him, I think he did do right by going to an experienced talent and have him talk to the guy. But I don't know wrestling politics, so maybe he did wrong in the backstage wrestling world.
    And this all goes back to you need 1 guy to be THE GUY in the locker room, like UT was in the WWE. And of course Tony K needs to back that person if it goes upside down...

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    If Tony couldn't handle the situation as the talent wouldn't listen to him, I think he did do right by going to an experienced talent and have him talk to the guy. But I don't know wrestling politics, so maybe he did wrong in the backstage wrestling world.
    And this all goes back to you need 1 guy to be THE GUY in the locker room, like UT was in the WWE. And of course Tony K needs to back that person if it goes upside down...
    Well from a report its Bryan Danielson now. But even when WWE had Undertaker as that sole guy , people were in the company then trying to suck up to Undertaker by trying to "rat" out guys for things that really became nonsense. Which led to bullying issues then.

Tony obviously should have made Daniels as VP of Talent the BIG GUY backstage to handle talent issues and more. In fact now in a crazy interview Uncle Dave claimed after Punk's interview blew up , he knew of these backstage stories rising that spring and urged Tony Khan to get ahead of it and step in. Tony according to Dave ....did nothing.

Which honestly sums up Tony Khan. The guy wants to be best buddies with everyone and take them to sports games ...but as far as handling backstage heat that led to what we saw...nope.

And I'm sure years from now , once Schiavone is retired and away from AEW he will detail the entire Perry situation and what happened. But for now , he's gotta play it this way cause A- He wants to keep his pay checks rolling in. B- He doesn't want a sudden release.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Tony Khan undid Anthony Henry release. He will be back in RoH once he recovers from his jaw injury

https://vxtwitter.com/DrainBamager/s...cbFbVwD9w&s=19
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 04-04-2024 at 11:15 AM.

Spectacular Member

If Cody wins I predict the fans will realize that he is boring and all he has is one of greatest entrance songs ever. Fans will turn on him and he will have to go heel

Kahn cleared the air on most the releases.

A lot were disciplinary.

The Boys no showed a bunch for starters.

He alluded to Miro's situation being worked out by lawyers.

Grayson was so he could go wrestler elsewhere ASAP as for the rest non discipline related ones.

So no true cuts like Sapp said.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

A lot were disciplinary.

Grayson was so he could go wrestler elsewhere ASAP as for the rest non discipline related ones.

So...basically Tony Khan again....had to be pushed to be a boss in a number of these situations. I just wonder how many shows The Boys no showed before Tony was like...oooh man , I gotta release you guys !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Speaking of bad bosses....

- Dutch Mantell claims someone he knows close to the WWE revealed some things to him. He won't spill the beans on who it is. But one deal was Vince giving TKO a final f-ck you on his way out the door months before....

- Mantell claims that TKO never really wanted to work with Vince and knew of his issues months before the Grant story hit. They basically began taking power away from him and Vince knew this was coming....and it ticked him off according to the source.

- So with Vince having limited power he decided to bring John Cena back last year as we saw. And he paid Cena such a huge figure , he knew the TKO bosses would get piiisssed over it. They didn't realize the price Cena was paid til later...and they weren't happy.

- TKO is working with FBI on this situation. Vince is banned from even coming to the corporate WWE office in Stamford.

Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 04-04-2024 at 02:04 PM.

Charlie Dempsey is at Bloodsport

https://twitter.com/futurafreesky/st...78709763096606

He's the guy who the WWE will call on for cross promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Charlie Dempsey is at Bloodsport

https://twitter.com/futurafreesky/st...78709763096606

He's the guy who the WWE will call on for cross promotion.
    Nice!

Should be fun.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mai Sakurai and Giulia have been seen at WWE World.

Who's gonna debut!?

so new stip added to the 6 pack tag titles says the match will continue till both sets of belts are brought down. Sounds like the titles are being separated and both shows will have champs.

Nick Khan is at Bloodsport. Are we getting a GCW/WWE partnership?

https://twitter.com/CnoEvil/status/1...DMgH9CUZg&s=19

That Copeland speech followed by Jay White getting buried is lol worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

A lot were disciplinary.

He originally fired Anthony Henry even though he had a broken jaw and was booked in the tag title tournament then immediately rehired him. That wasn't a disciplinary firing at all. I don't think Dasha was released for disciplinary reasons either she's made a few notable botches lately like calling Wardlow "Mr. Wardlow... Mr. Mayhem Wardlow." The backlash to Henry's firing is the biggest reason he was brought back so fast. That raises some questions though. Was he unaware he had a broken jaw? Not a good look if he wasn't and even worse if he was.

Speaking of firing people due to bad behavior why hasn't Jeff Hardy been cut? He had a DUI early on in his run right before him and Matt were supposedly gonna become tag team champions. He isn't used much and it's not like he's still the draw he was in the past. He needed to go more than anyone else they got rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I was massively disappointed by Edge's stand up for AEW promo as it is proving Punk right on one of his criticisms. The company likes to cater too much to a niche audience. That promo and the AEW talent sucking off the company on Twitter was not needed over one guy talking about his experience with the company. Eddie Kington and Tony Schiavone have the right mindset. Punk isn't there anymore so they don't care what he does or says.
    True makes them look extremely thin-skinned and insecure they should just ignore Punk and move ahead. When Punk went scorched earth on WWE on Colt Cabana's podcast WWE didn't devote nearly 10 minutes to a rah rah pro WWE promo they ignored it like it didn't happen.