Page 145 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2762

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Part of the reason it's most interesting is that: I don't know this helps AEW either.

Shameless revenge-driven ratings-grab attempt? Most interesting if that's the only motivation, an insight into the mind of Tony Khan.
    The Bucks and FTR wrestled at All In, and they're currently in the finals of the tag tournament. The footage is probably just involving the two teams and has nothing to do with Punk/Perry. People are just assuming it is as it's the most significant thing to come out of All In, and AEW isn't doing anything to direct it otherwise.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The Bucks and FTR wrestled at All In, and they're currently in the finals of the tag tournament. The footage is probably just involving the two teams and has nothing to do with Punk/Perry. People are just assuming it is as it's the most significant thing to come out of All In, and AEW isn't doing anything to direct it otherwise.
    So a Tony Khan bait and switch (which Tony denied to SI) where later Tony will claim his clear bait and switch wasn't in fact a bait and switch because he showed YB/FTR footage?
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    So a Tony Khan bait and switch (which Tony denied to SI) where later Tony will claim his clear bait and switch wasn't in fact a bait and switch because he showed YB/FTR footage?
    Technically it's not a bait and switch if he never said it had to do with Punk and Perry. All they said was it was backstage footage from All In.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

We know what he implied and if it doesn't show anything it's going to turn more fans off. The BEST thing he could do, is just forget about it and never mention the WWE again. Focus on HIS product and how to make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    We know what he implied
    Exactly. “This is real-life footage that affected many people, and it will air for the first time on TBS during Dynamite.”

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Very interested with what they do with Finn. I had heard rumors that his contract was up soon and he was AEW bound
    Why go to AEW? The ONLY reason to go is like Daniel Bryon did and that is to wrestle some people he never had the chance to before...But he really has wrestled just about everyone...Going to AEW is a HUGE step down from WWE. Sure he may make a few more dollars and work less, but his brand would take a huge hit and would probably not sell as much as he does now.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Why go to AEW? The ONLY reason to go is like Daniel Bryon did and that is to wrestle some people he never had the chance to before...But he really has wrestled just about everyone...Going to AEW is a HUGE step down from WWE. Sure he may make a few more dollars and work less, but his brand would take a huge hit and would probably not sell as much as he does now.
    It's not really that big a step down for some people there's more opportunities In AEW someone like FB could be a top guy in AEW in wwe unfortunately I think he is stuck in midcard.
    Last edited by choptop; 04-09-2024 at 11:45 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Bischoff summed it up best…there are 3 outcomes coming from this. All 3 are the same…none of it helps AEW business because the guy it involves no longer works there.

- It shows Punk being the person responsible and doing more as the Bucks paint over the incident discussing it. This doesn’t help the company right now.

- The footage shows Punk choking out Perry as he described. This doesn’t help the company ahead right now.

- The footage is left ambiguous for people to decide themselves. This doesn’t help the company right now.

Conrad claimed it could be a way for Perry to return but Bischoff doesn’t seem to believe that is the intention of this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    It's not really that big a step down for some people there's more opportunities In AEW someone like FB could be a top guy in AEW in wwe unfortunately I think he is stuck in midcard.
    Finn is not going to be a top guy in AEW. With Osprey, Okada, Takeshita, Swerve, Bryan he's going to nowhere near there. Finn is seems to be having the time of his life in the Judgement Day so I can't imagine him leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Bischoff summed it up best…there are 3 outcomes coming from this.
    Of course the other outcome is nothing because Tony doesn't show Punk moments at all. This could be a bait & switch, feels like one even. Because FTR/Bucks is happening again soon here and last happened at All In.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 04-09-2024 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Finn is not going to be a top guy in AEW. With Osprey, Okada, Takeshita, Swerve, Bryan he's going to nowhere near there. Finn is seems to be having the time of his life in the Judgement Day so I can't imagine him leaving.
    He has a better shot at being a top guy in AEW is my point but I agree I don't see he leveling wwe

Parker Boudreaux is gone from AEW

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    He has a better shot at being a top guy in AEW is my point but I agree I don't see he leveling wwe
    Not really. He's in a top heel stable alongside a WWE champion, on a show booked by someone whose already made him a world champion.

He has a pretty easy path to being a top guy, whenever Hunter feels like pulling the trigger

Extraordinary Member

If the Rock comes back. The build needs to be him and Roman. Enough of this Cody stuff....