Page 59 of 186 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    There is one minor kink in Meltzers story. On January 1st the Rock was written to come out and challenge Roman Reigns. He said he’d go be the Head of the Table. So HHH had to know this was coming.
    I'm critical of DA MELTZ, always, so ... I agree that Trips had to know.

Which, IMHO, makes Cody getting the RR win and subsequent teases even more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Even if Rock/Roman is part of a long-planned thing to make Cody like the next Daniel Bryan, it could massively backfire if at Mania the crowd boos the Rock/Roman match. It can be a mistake to misread the audience even if all this was all well intentioned for Cody.
    Well, sadly disliked socials and booing only matter if WWE fans stop engaging with and purchasing from the brand.

No more shirts, stop your peacock sub, don't buy games and tix, stop engaging on social unless it's third party.

Hurting the bottom line will be the only thing that works.

They have SPONSORS tied into this match, so it's gonna be hard to change course.

And IMHO it's rather short sited.

It erodes Cody and the Rock while eroding Roman further.

Three damaged toys for some quick money and "good" press is not what they need at the moment.

Building trust into their merged brand would be what I would do but WDIK?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ava is receiving death threats over something she has nothing to do with

https://twitter.com/avawwe_/status/1...kNo5ZBFnWQ8Wbg

The Rock Is Trying To Pull A Black Adam With The WWE (And Fans Are Furious) - SlashFilm

I just liked the headline, lol.

Also, ESPN thinks fans are DUMB:

We hear you Cody fans, but Roman vs. Rock is WWE's can't-miss moment

In all actuality, it is a great article and very middle-of-the-road, salacious headline aside.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I can explain in a way why they went with Cody Rhodes winning the Royal Rumble.

- Obviously people will go...why didn't they let CM Punk win ? Well ...this was a test for a returning Punk in a way. He was likely told , your not gonna win the Royal Rumble. (Originally he was to debut there remember. So he was gonna show up as an Edge shocker and lose , but set the stage with Seth ahead)

Punk was likely being tested to see how he'd work putting someone over. Seeing as how he passed with flying colors and even did it while very hurt , this is something the company liked. Its why Punk was on the next night being played as a guy who went down. (Punk likely will get the Royal Rumble win next year is my thinking)

Drew McIntyre : Now part of me believes a couple things may have stopped Drew from getting a Wrestlemania push. His contract status which has WWE likely trying to get him a new deal done and the arrival of CM Punk. So his status is one of those where , had the 2 factors not happened...he'd be gunning for Seth Rollins there. Not where he faced him back in January.

LA Knight : Knight was obviously still in a chase role against Roman. I'm sure had they knew Punk would get injured and the Rock would take the match in January , they could have booked Knight to not be in the Fatal Fourway at Royal Rumble. Instead he could have won and debated who to challenge. Then Seth could have made it personal to face him.

Of all the players involved , its like a weird situation happened where had TKO came to HHH in December and told him of plans with Rock , he obviously could have pulled someone else to win like Drew , Knight , held off AJ Styles to win that night on his return.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

One good thing for WWE.....Netflix is standing by the company and its deal.

https://cultaholic.com/posts/netflix...cmahon-lawsuit

Netflix Chief Content Officer Bela Bajaria was reportedly a key figure in negotiations with WWE over the deal and she was asked about concerns over the WWE partnership following the Vince McMahon allegations.

Bajaria said: “He’s gone. So he’s not there. He’s gone.”

Netflix Vice President of Unscripted and Documentary Series Brandon Ring appeared to be happy with the deal, saying: “I think we’re all really bullish on it, but we know that has an incredibly consistent audience for the last several decades. And so that’s really first and foremost where we’re starting at, and then we’ll see where we go from there.”
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

How did Jinder discover getting over in social media lmao

https://twitter.com/JjnderMahal/stat...POqdbvR9w&s=19

Asahi sadly passed away in a car accident

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.c...-20223858/amp/

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

By publicly taking away Cody's re-match against Roman, WWE has given him more more fan support than he had prior. If the Rock turns heel and Cody continues to be supported by the fans up until Wrestlemania, this could make for a good two-month angle. I don't see it happening. He cares about his brand a lot. Almost quit the movie Rampage over the ending, with the gorilla dying (he's too busy to do a sequel, but he controls his own schedule).

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    By publicly taking away Cody's re-match against Roman, WWE has given him more more fan support than he had prior. If the Rock turns heel and Cody continues to be supported by the fans up until Wrestlemania, this could make for a good two-month angle. I don't see it happening. He cares about his brand a lot. Almost quit the movie Rampage over the ending, with the gorilla dying (he's too busy to do a sequel, but he controls his own schedule).
    The Rock guessed right with Rampage. No one wanted the gorilla to die. The tease choked me up a bit....i was verklempt a second....lol

Every reference to the Rock got boo'd. The company has an uphill battle. I'm liking how they are using the fan support for Cody's story right now

This seems....orchestated now....the WWE YouTube page quickly played into it. They seem to be doing a very shades of gray deal. They even booed Cody facing Seth Rollins and him praising the belt.

It seems the WWE played this to make Cody more over....that seems to be the plans they did.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah cody's merch sales about to go way up. Good job Rock.

Astonishing Member

Even if this was deliberate (it's not, and no matter how they try to memory-hole it with Daniel Bryan it wasn't deliberate then either)...why? Cody was already one of their most popular guys. This is just unnecessarily convoluted nonsense and pointless controversy at a time when WWE is facing some seriously troubled waters.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This seems....orchestated now....the WWE YouTube page quickly played into it. They seem to be doing a very shades of gray deal. They even booed Cody facing Seth Rollins and him praising the belt.
    This is far too big brain for WWE. I doubt this is orchestrated. HHH is leaning on the controversy and keeping things ambitious so he can change course when need be.