Page 132 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2748
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    but doesn't it get funnier when you realize he hasn't been on tv this year because he has health issues and surgeries in jan??
    Except again given how he's been used as Detective pointed out , leading into these injuries...a common lay person would think he's in a Miro situation. Forgetting he did have injures and needing 2 surgeries in January. A number of guys go home awhile like Andrade etc...and then reappear later. Its not uncommon to think from fans this happened with Lee.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It feeds into the tribalism that has a vice grip on wrestling discourse.
    that's never made sense to me. i grew up on wwf and was about 18 when i started watching wcw during the monday night wars, started watching ecw in 98, us indys in 2002ish, japanese and lucha around 2004. always stuff i liked and disliked in all of it. never understood the reason to trash one and be "loyal" to another. just doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Except again given how he's been used as Detective pointed out , leading into these injuries...a common lay person would think he's in a Miro situation. Forgetting he did have injures and needing 2 surgeries in January. A number of guys go home awhile like Andrade etc...and then reappear later. Its not uncommon to think from fans this happened with Lee.
    yeah some people just don't get it though. it's like when you see someone walking funny and you think they're drunk so you have a chuckle, then you realize they're disabled. the lames think "oh, man that's not funny" not me though, that's when i become hysterical. LOL

also i think his health situation goes beyond injuries, which makes it all the more humorous.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

that's never made sense to me. i grew up on wwf and was about 18 when i started watching wcw during the monday night wars, started watching ecw in 98, us indys in 2002ish, japanese and lucha around 2004. always stuff i liked and disliked in all of it. never understood the reason to trash one and be "loyal" to another. just doesn't make sense to me.
    If you ever been on Twitter, reddit, or other socials to discuss wrestling the mentality is you have to chose a side and ride or die for your chosen side. It's like discussing politics but without the culture war looming over it.

yeah some people just don't get it though. it's like when you see someone walking funny and you think they're drunk so you have a chuckle, then you realize they're disabled. the lames think "oh, man that's not funny" not me though, that's when i become hysterical. LOL

also i think his health situation goes beyond injuries, which makes it all the more humorous.
    His wife has came out and said his surgeries aren't heart and lung related. That was in January. Lee himself said the years caught up to him and its why he had surgeries.

Its a lot like fans not really knowing , oh hey there is this guy. We haven't seen much of him...there he is by accident. The employer he's with hasn't done a good job with him use wise. So lets all jokingly clamor for him to return back to his prior place. Even though they screwed up using him too at last.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Thank you. I feel the same way. You can enjoy both WWE and AEW and maybe even have time for Impact or other promotions. No need to make a war out of it, at least not for the fans.
    Watching television is not an activity.

This may be a hot take, but you can't really blame the fans for tribalism when the promotions are the ones that started it in the first place.

How many times did Paul E used to call out WCW and WWF and take shots at them during ECW's heyday? How many times would Easy E cut promos about putting Vince out of business on Nitro?

It's kind of in the pro wrestling DNA.

It feeds into the tribalism that has a vice grip on wrestling discourse.
    It might not even be a shot at Osprey.

I was just joking about it because WWE has an awful lot of guys that don't/didn't grind.

It was about as tone def as Punk, Copeland, and TK this week.

Which was hilarious to me.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It was just announced at Stand and Deliver that NXT will introduce a Women's North American Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    This may be a hot take, but you can't really blame the fans for tribalism when the promotions are the ones that started it in the first place.

How many times did Paul E used to call out WCW and WWF and take shots at them during ECW's heyday? How many times would Easy E cut promos about putting Vince out of business on Nitro?

Even in the 2000s this continued with TNA taking shots at WWE , ROH taking shots at WWE and sometimes rarely TNA. So the art of the underdog company is to really come out and take shots at the top one.

Normally its WWE because as I posted hours ago...they are considered still the #1 brand and all.

just for shits and giggles. Mania night one predictions. Think most fo the matches are predictable on who will win but here goes:

Rey / Andrade - Dom / Escobar - Dom / Escobar after "injured" Dragon Lee turns on Rey.

Bianca, Jade, Naomi over Damage Ctrl - Jade turns on Bianca post match to prevent us from watching Bianca smile & twirl her ponytail.

Jimmy - Jey - Jey wins, but I can see Solo doing the one thing he is good at at sticking his thumb in Jey's throat to help Jimmy win.

Rhea - Becky - not much to say here Rhea retains

Gunther - Sami - Gunther retains, after Shorty G turns on Sami

Tag Titles - Awesome Truth (Raw) and A town down under (SD) win the titles.

Cody / Seth vs Rock / Roman - we all know how this is going to go. They didn't put the bloodline rules stip in for it not to happen on night 2.

It was just announced at Stand and Deliver that NXT will introduce a Women's North American Championship.
    Why did they bother discontinuing the NXT UK Women's Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post

I'll be honest, I was only in elementary school at the time. So the most I heard about WWE, was maybe a classmate mentioning it. ECW never even got that. So, I mained WCW.