Page 158 of 184 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2750
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Toni is still a complete gem, and she looks entirely lovely in polka dots.

Punk/LA Knight/Whoever should be taking notes.
    I’d say younger stars not over need to take notes on character and development here. Not 2 guys who have sold a sh-t ton of merchandise and the one guy hasn’t even won a championship doing it lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I kinda wish Tama went to AEW to join the Elite bros.
    The members of the bullet club Tama is closely associated with is in WWE.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Toni is still a complete gem, and she looks entirely lovely in polka dots.

Punk/LA Knight/Whoever should be taking notes.
    Punk and LA are highly successful. They don't need the learning tree. Austin Theory should be paying close attention

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Punk and LA are highly successful. They don't need the learning tree. Austin Theory should be paying close attention
    There are a number of guys and gals right now who need to watch and learn. Because trying to destroy yourselves in doing wild moves will only get you so far. It’s like a lot watched Mick Foley and thought….oh I can do a bigger bump through a flaming table !

But what makes Mick way more memorable than say…Dante Martin who is way more athletic and can do more in ring is….character, gimmick and personality. Mick made Cactus Jack fun. He made Mankind someone fans got behind.

Toni has done great here. She’s a testament to those 3 things.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

AZM drug an awesome match out of Toni tonight.

Toni is a great character but her ringwork has been **** for the last ~1.5 years.

I hope this motivates her to bump her ass off more.

AzM should be getting props, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Speaking of people who need to work on how over they are anyone else notice how poorly Mercedes Mone's videos are doing on YouTube? The upload of her interview where she was attacked on Dynamite is only at 74k views after 3 days and is the 2nd least viewed video from that week's episode. For comparison Orange Cassidy vs Alex Reynolds from Rampage is at 83k after just a day. There are NXT clips that are doing a lot better and those are just developmental talents vs a former WrestleMania main eventer. Nobody has gone from hype to indifference as fast as Mercedes. There was a lot of talk about how WWE would regret not signing her and how big of a star she is but they were definitely right to not break the bank on her. She walked out on them twice before and is proving she's not a draw on her own without the WWE machine behind her.

When she tries to return to WWE in the future they can easily lowball her because they see she doesn't move numbers the way she thought she would and needs them more than they need her. Her pops decrease by the week, she doesn't boost ratings, numbers on social media are poor and her promos get roasted each time. I have to think she regrets signing with AEW knowing her stock has never been lower.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thyue True Detective View Post
    Speaking of people who need to work on how over they are anyone else notice how poorly Mercedes Mone's videos are doing on YouTube? The upload of her interview where she was attacked on Dynamite is only at 74k views after 3 days and is the 2nd least viewed video from that week's episode. For comparison Orange Cassidy vs Alex Reynolds from Rampage is at 83k after just a day. There are NXT clips that are doing a lot better and those are just developmental talents vs a former WrestleMania main eventer. Nobody has gone from hype to indifference as fast as Mercedes. There was a lot of talk about how WWE would regret not signing her and how big of a star she is but they were definitely right to not break the bank on her. She walked out on them twice before and is proving she's not a draw on her own without the WWE machine behind her. o

When she tries to return to WWE in the future they can easily lowball her because they see she doesn't move numbers the way she thought she would and needs them more than they need her. Her pops decrease by the week, she doesn't boost ratings, numbers on social media are poor and her promos get roasted each time. I have to think she regrets signing with AEW knowing her stock has never been lower.
    i doubt it, isn't mone the highest paid female in pro wrestling ? She can slump it, earn millions off aew and she is still young enough to jump back to wwe when her aew contract ends when money is no longer an issue. The only loser here is tony khan.
    Last edited by marshal88; 04-13-2024 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    i doubt it, isn't mone the highest paid female woman in pro wrestling ? She can slump it, earn millions off aew and she is still young enough to jump back to wwe when her aew contract ends when money is no longer an issue. The only loser here is tony khan.
    I guess that's true but unless you're at a certain level of wealth you can always use more money especially in a dangerous industry like wrestling. Tony probably regrets paying her what she's supposedly making, he probably regrets the money he's giving Ospreay and Okada too since they aren't boosting business either. I know he's got more money than God but even he said back in 2019 you can't throw big money contracts at everyone and expect to run a successful business.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    I guess that's true but unless you're at a certain level of wealth you can always use more money especially in a dangerous industry like wrestling. Tony probably regrets paying her what she's supposedly making, he probably regrets the money he's giving Ospreay and Okada too since they aren't boosting business either. I know he's got more money than God but even he said back in 2019 you can't throw big money contracts at everyone and expect to run a successful business.
    in many ways, khan is like dixie carter throwing money on 'perceived big names'. Khan would no doubt sign lesnar if he could.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I've only seen clips. I will catch a replay of the show later.

Presumably to nap the problem at the bus and not wanting things to boil over like his issue with Hangman.
    thank god that didn't happen, and you believe waiting 30-60min would've made all the difference in the world??

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I know I've heard he helped break up several. And while I don't recall him ever actually getting into a fight himself, he did help Vince bury a number of wrestlers over the years. Which, while not a fight, has its own issues as well.
    so no count on taker backstage fights?? i can't find anything on it.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Speaking of people who need to work on how over they are anyone else notice how poorly Mercedes Mone's videos are doing on YouTube? The upload of her interview where she was attacked on Dynamite is only at 74k views after 3 days and is the 2nd least viewed video from that week's episode. For comparison Orange Cassidy vs Alex Reynolds from Rampage is at 83k after just a day. There are NXT clips that are doing a lot better and those are just developmental talents vs a former WrestleMania main eventer. Nobody has gone from hype to indifference as fast as Mercedes. There was a lot of talk about how WWE would regret not signing her and how big of a star she is but they were definitely right to not break the bank on her. She walked out on them twice before and is proving she's not a draw on her own without the WWE machine behind her.

i personally don't think she's worth the money, but they're not using her well if they want to get their moneys worth. she's not a good talker and is talking too much, she needs to wrestle.

There is talk Tony will sign Goldberg. But he really needs to create monsters beyond Wardlow right now. Because if the plan is to let Goldberg feast on monster heels you have… Wardlow , Brian Cage , Powehouse Hobbs and Big Show if he gets healthy.

I have watched very little TNA in my life but Joe Hendry's hilarious. Book him, Khan!

So if anyone remembers the PLANE RIDE FROM HELL…

In a RF Shoot interview from late 2000s , Flair is discussing it …or what he’s able to..

- Ric claims he can’t go into it deep because 3 chicks sued him. That its part of settlement made he can’t really discuss it.

- But he claims they sued him 2 years after the plane ride from hell. And the company had fired them or they had issues going on and now they were mad.

- Flair joked that they weren’t mad when they landed and that they wanted him to go party with them in New York. But he couldn’t as they had RAW in Hartford Ct in so many hours. And he was trying his best to see if he could go spend some hours with them lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So if anyone remembers the PLANE RIDE FROM HELL…

In a RF Shoot interview from late 2000s , Flair is discussing it …or what he’s able to..

- Ric claims he can’t go into it deep because 3 chicks sued him. That its part of settlement made he can’t really discuss it.

- But he claims they sued him 2 years after the plane ride from hell. And the company had fired them or they had issues going on and now they were mad.

- Flair joked that they weren’t mad when they landed and that they wanted him to go party with them in New York. But he couldn’t as they had RAW in Hartford Ct in so many hours. And he was trying his best to see if he could go spend some hours with them lol.
    it's even funnier when you hear the women's side of the story LOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    it's even funnier when you hear the women's side of the story LOLOLOL
    This was years before the Darkside of the Ring and Ric was painting it like they all wanted him. The last part sounds like something that he would try though if the story was legit he tells.

And it’s a huge IF because he had to make a settlement with the 3 women.

Bobby Heenan would claim Flair never slept much at all. And he told Vince that he had to get away from him comically because he valued his marriage. (Vince let Curt Henning go with him so they could party etc)