Page 171 of 187 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 2799

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'd say the "big" star the last few years of ECW was Rob Van Dam. He had the ECW TV title main eventing PPV's at one point while Douglas was injured and his reign became very important. Rhino was being built as a monster and he did become ECW World Champion (as well as TV champion) on the final PPV. But I think everyone still regarded Rob as the "true" champion since he never really lost the TV title and had it removed due to injury.

Rhino was on his way up and he would have been a legit killer had he gotten a run then in ECW and beaten RVD.

Another factor was "look". Rhino didn't have the look the WWE and Vince really wanted to push. Look at how it effected Taz who legit had a run and how "over" he was. Taz was signed and 2 things happened....

- Taz knew the crowd at Royal Rumble 2000 in MSG would go crazy for him. Because that crowd knew the character for years and the WWE guys didn't understand it backstage. The crowd literally began chanting his name early and they exploded as he arrived. As he claimed , the WWE didn't want this weirdly.

- He walked backstage and as he claims...no one came up to him to put over the debut. It was said later by sources Vince was shocked how short Taz was ...which is insane. But you get the gist of it....Vince saw him as a short guy and didn't like how over he was and ....buried him.
    Oh yeah absolutely. I remember all of that.

RVD WAS HUGE. The fact that they didn't immediately have him and Austin or the Rock do a program with each other was just dumb. Even when HBK came back, I know they crossed paths a few times, but a RVD/HBK legit big time program would've been blockbuster too. It would've been like his matches with Jerry Lynn, except dialed to 11 because it's HBK.

So many missed opportunities just because Vince didn't get it.

It's a shame what Vince did as it derailed some deserving wrestlers. But it's a new time and as we have seen, even those that burn bridges are allowed back. Money rules all...

Eric Young severed his ear.

It wasn't complete and they were able to attach it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Von Wagner has been released.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I’ve never understood the argument that companies shouldn’t be going after WWE names when they get released. Obviously guys like Jericho and Cody Rhodes really helped establish AEW in the early days.
    It stems from the time when TNA would bring in ex-WWE talent, push them to the moon and sideline their homegrown stars for them. I was found it to be a ridiculous mentality to have. Great talent is great talent no matter who they worked for.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Just imagining it hurts.

Extraordinary Member

So now Tony says Mercedes will be cleared to wrestle by the next ppv. So wait she wasn't cleared? That's why it's been just promos and run-ins? Shoulda made that clear earlier.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It stems from the time when TNA would bring in ex-WWE talent, push them to the moon and sideline their homegrown stars for them. I was found it to be a ridiculous mentality to have. Great talent is great talent no matter who they worked for.
    The best signing TNA ever made was Kurt Angle. Say what you will bout his outside the ring issues. The man was a pure machine back then.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Von Wagner has been released.
    Odyssey Jones will be next. him and Wagner were drafted last year and never on TV on either Raw or SD.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Just imagining it hurts.
    On a table corner no less!
    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    So now Tony says Mercedes will be cleared to wrestle by the next ppv. So wait she wasn't cleared? That's why it's been just promos and run-ins? Shoulda made that clear earlier.
    She said she was cleared in January medically.

Kayfabe, Japan said she was out till May.

Allegedly, it was for filming.

She may not be allowed to wrestle till that wraps

Still, they have wasted her.

Interesting...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Oof. Nearly pulled a Mick Foley.

So maybe I’m not on the right planet nowadays but I could have sworn back in the day The Bellas weren’t great in the ring. They were ok enough to get by then. But no one considers them as good as Becky Lynch , Asuka , Bayley etc.

So I was reading that Nicki Bella thought about signing with AEW and backed off cause she’d rather be around her kid as a mother. This made Toni Storm proclaim “She doesn’t hold a —- candle to me!”

It would be like if Jerry Lynn in his prime proclaimed that about Sandman then. And Sandman was barely passable in ring lol. Like no one really thinks she does right ?

As far as Mercedes goes I hope they have it where she gets more of a chase against Willow to give her a run.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Finn Balor has resigned with the WWE it appears. He announced he wasn’t going anywhere on Twitter.

If there's any justice in Trips' booking department, Liv Morgan will win the Women's belt tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Finn Balor has resigned with the WWE it appears. He announced he wasn’t going anywhere on Twitter.
    Multi year, nearly triple his current deal.