Page 56 of 187 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    I'm being optimistic. WWE already had this planned. During the Punk returning rumors they openly denied he's returning and referenced CM Punk every chance they got. Now, I'd like to think this is Triple H throwing another curve ball to Cody's chase.
    Sapp called in all his favors and the dozen writers he's buds with said the flip to Rock occured Thursday and they informed Cody late that day.

So it was not the plan.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Sapp called in all his favors and the dozen writers he's buds with said the flip to Rock occured Thursday and they informed Cody late that day.

So it was not the plan.
    I find myself wondering if this whole thing was to deliberately create a controversy among wrestling fans. "Okay, fans are going to complain about Cody being switched out in favor of the Rock. But if we do this, then fans will be talking about it, and therefore talking about something other than the Vince McMahon scandal."

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    I find myself wondering if this whole thing was to deliberately create a controversy among wrestling fans. "Okay, fans are going to complain about Cody being switched out in favor of the Rock. But if we do this, then fans will be talking about it, and therefore talking about something other than the Vince McMahon scandal."
    As Ed McMahon would say on Johnny Carson , "You would be correct , sir !" lol

Yeah the move was to get people discussing Rock/Roman/Cody and well...its worked.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

But ppl don't see how Punk being out played into this. And if cody takes the belt from Seth who's also injured. Does it really matter that much? He has to face Roman or ppl are going to riot? That's crazy...
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 02-04-2024 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    But ppl don't see how Punk being out played into this. And if cody takes the belt from Seth who's also injured. Does it really matter that much? He has to face Roman or ppl are going to riot? That's crazy...
    Its likely had Punk not been injured then you would have seen Seth vs Punk vs Cody at Wrestlemania. Given how Punk and Cody cut promos on each other that week before the show.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its likely had Punk not been injured then you would have seen Seth vs Punk vs Cody at Wrestlemania. Given how Punk and Cody cut promos on each other that week before the show.
    That's what I'm saying and that definitely would not be better than what we're getting.

Forbes: The Rock’s WrestleMania 40 Power Play Continues To Receive Backlash.https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredk...h=4c1c8eb0251a
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    That's what I'm saying and that definitely would not be better than what we're getting.
    I don't know about that. As much as Roman is the Tribal Chef , the Cody "finish the story" angle really seemed to derail after last year after Wrestlemania. They pushed him away from Roman and well...once Knight exploded and Punk arrived , it distracted from Cody's whole "I have to finish the story..."

Booker T even wanted Knight to win against Roman last fall and felt it would be a huge shake up and new era for the company.

I don't hate Cody Rhodes , but the whole finish the story deal seemed to be legit boring by the end of 2023. Like....can we please tell something else ? Because not only did this short circuit Knight , its made elevating Gunther be a holding pattern too. Because they can't program him against the other World Champion if they wanted , because they gotta "finish the story".

Hopefully this ends it all. You can have Cody defeat Seth , then let him work McIntyre in May/June (Punk costs him) then you get Cody ready for Gunther and his elevation up to World Champion.

As far as who should defeat Roman....well it shouldn't be Rock for f-cks sake. You give that to someone on your roster who you wanna "make" here. So hopefully he doesn't defeat Roman.

I don't know about that. As much as Roman is the Tribal Chef , the Cody "finish the story" angle really seemed to derail after last year after Wrestlemania. They pushed him away from Roman and well...once Knight exploded and Punk arrived , it distracted from Cody's whole "I have to finish the story..."

Booker T even wanted Knight to win against Roman last fall and felt it would be a huge shake up and new era for the company.

I don't hate Cody Rhodes , but the whole finish the story deal seemed to be legit boring by the end of 2023. Like....can we please tell something else ? Because not only did this short circuit Knight , its made elevating Gunther be a holding pattern too. Because they can't program him against the other World Champion if they wanted , because they gotta "finish the story".

Hopefully this ends it all. You can have Cody defeat Seth , then let him work McIntyre in May/June (Punk costs him) then you get Cody ready for Gunther and his elevation up to World Champion.
    I dunno ... Rock was ratio'd on social media FOUR times this weekend. Twice on YouTube (they recut and released a version of the clip without Cody) and both are the new #1 and #2 disliked vids WWE has ever produced.

Then on Twitter, wewantcody out ratio'd Rock and WWE 4-1 and now 8-1.

Those are bad, bad, BAD metrics and usually get people fired.

I genuinely think Rock and the execs at TKO thought Rocky could just walk in there and be welcomed with thunderous applause and praise. To help get the headlines off Vince.

Which is hilarious because ... Basically in ANY other scenario, everyone would. They picked literally the only path that would get the fans to turn on The Rock. It would honestly be impressive if it wasn’t one of the dumbest booking decisions in the last 20 years.

But now mainstream media is asking Sapp and DA MELTZ for sources, so that shitstorm is coming back.

Not a good week for WWE.

I dunno ... Rock was ratio'd on social media FOUR times this weekend. Twice on YouTube (they recut and released a version of the clip without Cody) and both are the new #1 and #2 disliked vids WWE has ever produced.

Then on Twitter, wewantcody out ratio'd Rock and WWE 4-1 and now 8-1.

Those are bad, bad, BAD metrics and usually get people fired.

I genuinely think Rock and the execs at TKO thought Rocky could just walk in there and be welcomed with thunderous applause and praise. To help get the headlines off Vince.

Which is hilarious because ... Basically in ANY other scenario, everyone would. They picked literally the only path that would get the fans to turn on The Rock. It would honestly be impressive if it wasn’t one of the dumbest booking decisions in the last 20 years.

But now mainstream media is asking Sapp and DA MELTZ for sources, so that shitstorm is coming back.

Not a good week for WWE.
    We will have to see what the live audience is. Because sure...the internet fans want Cody to finish the story , but we saw that live reaction on Smackdown. Those fans went ape sh-t crazy. Live reaction will be the judge ahead.

We will have to see what the live audience is. Because sure...the internet fans want Cody to finish the story , but we saw that live reaction on Smackdown. Those fans went ape sh-t crazy. Live reaction will be the judge ahead.
    Did you not see Immortal's video?

They turned on the Rock.

Being on the piped in Rocky chants!

Did you not see Immortal's video?

They turned on the Rock.

Being on the piped in Rocky chants!

I saw it on Twitter ...and beyond a dude going Booo....and all...you really can't hear much of the boos. In fact seconds in...you just hear people not really watching the replay off the screen that happened a day before.

I get the video tries to paint a picture here...but its not one fully done. The live reaction on RAW and Smackdown will be the judge ahead. This one ...not so much.

People making a dollar out of fifteen cents with that house show clip.

They're also doing the most saying Mania 40 is cursed now, just because their favorite can't finish his story.

The only ones I feel for in this situation is Priest, Drew and Gunther. All three deserve better.

I honestly don't Care who defeats Roman just get the championship off him.