Page 67 of 182 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2722
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Crazy idea, this is all a plan between Cody and Rock, where Rock looks to be on Roman's side before he helps Cody win at Wrestlemania and the Bloodline sides with the Rock too which would mean Cody did take everything from Roman. Leaving Rock and Roman for Summerslam.
    Ouch personally I don't like Cody or his crybabies but I can see this. The Rock playing the "Mike Tyson role" between SCSA and HBK.

Astonishing Member

Is Cody becoming his father? My wrestling prime was in the 80's as a kid; even though Dusty was the top booker and babyface, he was most known "in ring" for chasing but never catching/getting the gold off of Ric, Tully and the rest of the Horsemen. Dusty's triumphs were always short lived. The Bloodline especially if Rock is involved is a modern day version of the Horsemen, top faction that might just maul Cody relentlessly. This made Dusty beloved but he knew that the money was in him chasing the faction never in vanquishing them. Does Cody know the same thing??? Dusty was never "the Man" in ring but was the man's biggest obstacle, and since back then babyfaces sold more merch he was happy to do it. Just a thought.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Austin's whole 2001 heel run was built around deep insecurity and paranoia, so insecure heels is a long fixture of WWE and all of wrestling history really (maybe no heels were insecurity wasn't a main focus). Putting out bounties on faces?..about insecurity. Trying to avoid wrestling the face?...insecurity.

Macho Man's heavyweight championship heel run?...insecurity and paranoia regarding Hogan.
    Is this like a staple for heels or just Vince's go to trope?

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Is Cody becoming his father? My wrestling prime was in the 80's as a kid; even though Dusty was the top booker and babyface, he was most known "in ring" for chasing but never catching/getting the gold off of Ric, Tully and the rest of the Horsemen. Dusty's triumphs were always short lived. The Bloodline especially if Rock is involved is a modern day version of the Horsemen, top faction that might just maul Cody relentlessly. This made Dusty beloved but he knew that the money was in him chasing the faction never in vanquishing them. Does Cody know the same thing??? Dusty was never "the Man" in ring but was the man's biggest obstacle, and since back then babyfaces sold more merch he was happy to do it. Just a thought.
    Wouldn't this go against Cody's whole gimmick?

Vice is keeping their foot on Vince's neck, I love it.

And again, poor Ashley Massaro. She deserved justice. I can't even begin to think about what Sable had to do when she came back in 03. I mean the woman goes from having a big time lawsuit against Vince, to basically being his onscreen mistress.

This is all some sick, crazy **** with Vince.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Is this like a staple for heels or just Vince's go to trope?
    Both. If you follow arch NWA/JCP/WCW heel champion Ric Flair, he was always about insecurity (arrogance and insecurity, the insecurity more or less revealing the falsity of the heel's confidence/arrogance). Putting bounties on faces (Harley Race would do the same), doing their best to dodge wrestling the babyfaces (especially for the title) and then whining/complaining or citing technicalities if the babyface won or appeared to win or even just put up a good fight. Etc, etc.

An old example with Flair/Jerry Lawler:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_GYGcGQbEU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YNk-XEySBw
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-09-2024 at 02:22 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Steve ‘Mongo' McMichael has been elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
    A nice story on Steve and his wife.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...teve-mcmichael

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    A nice story on Steve and his wife.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...teve-mcmichael
    He wasn't the greatest in the ring but his charisma and promo ability was excellent.

I was so wishing he was going to beat Goldberg when that match came.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Not sure I see Cody signing back up with WWE just to chase a title...

In non-Vince, non-Roman/Cody/Rock news, I still wonder who will be Bianca's opponent for Mania and what will they do with Priest.

On another note, former WWE wrestler Maven responds to a clickbait article about rules WWE stars are expected to follow. How much of these are actual rules, how many of them are just guidelines, and how many are just nonsense?

Well, Maven has some insights in a recent YouTube video.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    In non-Vince, non-Roman/Cody/Rock news, I still wonder who will be Bianca's opponent for Mania and what will they do with Priest.
    Priest will take it from someone...Possibly whomever beats Seth...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It's clear to me that the Judgement Day will defend the tag titles against the Awesome Truth at WrestleMania.

I can't imagine they will keep Bianca out of the show. The best thing would be giving her a match with Cargill to cash in on the tease from the rumble.

Astonishing Member

Since Lashley's crew aren't heels anymore maybe she can replace B-Fab in Lashley's crew after Mania setting up an eventual Judgement Day war versus the "the Pride". Mami, Priest, Finn and Dom, JD vs the EST, the Almighty, Tez, Hawk and who knows Trick Williams. Then again Jade might be a better fit than Bianca for the Pride.

Ultimate Member

With Rock a heel now how would they set up Rock vs Roman unless Roman almost loses to Cody and blames Rock at Wrestlemania. Or Roman does lose the championship to Cody at Wrestlemania and blames Rock. And not sure how they would sell Cody getting a third chance at Roman.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Since Lashley's crew aren't heels anymore maybe she can replace B-Fab in Lashley's crew after Mania setting up an eventual Judgement Day war versus the "the Pride". Mami, Priest, Finn and Dom, JD vs the EST, the Almighty, Tez, Hawk and who knows Trick Williams. Then again Jade might be a better fit than Bianca for the Pride.
    it will be a major step down for Bianca to be thrown in with Lashley to be an equalizer for whatever he has going on. B Fab is fine for that role.