Page 140 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2768

Looks like Vince is being 100% bought out.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    I know it was past time but I am going to miss my tribal chief. I really think now that he is champ the whole vanilla Cody will get old real quick. Heard a lot of people booing him at mania already

I ACKNOWLEDGE YOU!!!

Cant wait for Gunther to be champ
    Cody being boo'd last night? by Whom? I didn't hear it, granted I was not there but I doubt there were enough boos to be heard on tv.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Cody being boo'd last night? by Whom? I didn't hear it, granted I was not there but I doubt there were enough boos to be heard on tv.
    It was during night 1

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Looks like Vince is being 100% bought out.
    Wasnt there some tweet by Vince's personal trainer saying Vince wanted to go to mania and was told no?

Over in a few other boards like BR, a lot of people are criticizing WWE for having Cody win because, well, Cody sucks. It's crazy that people were clamoring for the whole bloodline storyline to be over and done with and then when it does, a lot of these same people complain that the wrong guy won.
    Tribalism at it's finest...
    As for Drew, all the things that he blamed Seth for in the lead up to the match, he did in those few minutes he was champ. And he lost, just like Seth did.
    Seth looked legit hurt and yet he was out there at the end on 1 leg.
    I HATE that Logan is still champ and I HATE that the is so damn good...and F Prime...
    A lot of the Champs that lost became champs during the Vince era...WWE Reset into the Paul Levesque era...No more Sports Entertainment but Wrestling...
    Iyo Skye could fight a wet paper bag and make a great match...
    Bayley got her moment and I was happy.
    Night 2 was better than night one...
    Cody didn't bleed at all and Rock never gave her the belt.
    Loved the ending of the Main Event. Cena shows up in revenge, Rock comes down to stop it, UT shows up to stop the Rock (UT lost to Reigns in WM33). It all made sense WHY they were there...Though everyone in my house was silently waiting/hoping for StoneCold to show up...I was waiting to Mark out for Dustin to show up...Though it would have been funny if Booker T was dressed up like GoldDust and made a run in...
    This was NOT the best WM but it was pretty damn good. And the Main Event was solid...And yes, the right person won...
    Also, You notice how many stars are now in the Main Event picture? SO Many legit guys to take the #1 spot of needed...It's been a while since WWE had so many people ready to take over in case one gets hurt etc...

It was during night 1
    Of course he was booed, people wanted the Bloodlines rules...

Astonishing Member

He was booed, because he wrestled The Rock.
    It's a hilarious paradox, but the moment he pivot in favor of Cody, people once again started to cheer him, despite his titanic efforts to play the biggest villain in wrestling.

Spectacular Member

What do you guys mean by Tribalism?

I dislike Cody and I feel fans will turn on him soon as he is vanilla and boring. They turned on Cena and Cena was much better than Cody

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's Drew's home country. He will be the face by default. Look at how WWE booked Rhea in the lead up to Elimination Chamber. She was still a heel when facing Nia Jax but still got a hero's welcome at the Chamber. They embraced her as a face for that one night. Same will happen to Drew. Punk will not be a face when they head to Scotland and you can believe Drew will chase Priest. Did you forget that Drew had issues with the Judgment Day during the Survivor Series build?
    Its one country ....remember back before the Brawl In , Punk was booed in MJF's home city as we saw. Punk played it up and he would in Scotland. He'd come out and mock wearing kilts or something to get pure heel heat there. But back in states...he'd be the face.

Drew would have to turn face and all. But his heel character is really great and why change that ? The guy has that Bret Hart 1997 deal down so good. I'd hate to see his great heel work be changed to a face run. (Drew is showing he's just a way better heel ...)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

What do you guys mean by Tribalism?

I dislike Cody and I feel fans will turn on him soon as he is vanilla and boring. They turned on Cena and Cena was much better than Cody
    They didn't turn on Cena, it became cool to Boo Cena because all the little kiddies liked him...Which is what is going to happen to Cody.

Tribalism: Meaning you like one product, person, style and anyone that does something else is not worth your time and sucks or is Vanilla and Boring...

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I think Cody is just a boring guy personally. I'd rather they went with Knight because he just oozes ...electricity like the Rock does. When Knight is smoking , he can fire off some great stuff. (Cena had no idea months ago Knight would do a line from his old theme song to Roman)

But they had to pay off a 2 year old storyline they had built (and I think they really held a lot of guys back in Priest , Knight , Drew etc) and it was Cody finally. I don't blame them for giving Cody the belt now...because again...they had to pay it off. But his interview style is very blandish and it takes someone like Punk to make Cody get off that style and not want to cut the most EPIC OF ALL TIME promos. (the 2 men firing off on each other in January was great and showed what Cody could do...)

I think he'll have a short run awhile until Gunther comes along.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Spectacular Member

They didn't turn on Cena, it became cool to Boo Cena because all the little kiddies liked him...Which is what is going to happen to Cody.

Tribalism: Meaning you like one product, person, style and anyone that does something else is not worth your time and sucks or is Vanilla and Boring...
    Well I disagree. I like a number of Wrestlers I dislike Cody. His moves are bad. Cody cutter is horrible and the Cross Rodes is worse. I cracked up when Roman said that move doesnt put anyone away. Also Roman did Cross Rodes better than Cody does it.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

night 2 was better than night 1, which is a switch up from last year.

and i will never get tired of cody. i've following him since he inducted his father into the HOF. watching his career grow from where he started to wear he is now has been a joy as a wrestling fan.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Of course he was booed, people wanted the Bloodlines rules...
    He got boo'd because people wanted to see the people's elbow

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i think it was more there was a lack of complexity with cena's character. back then, cena was ALWAYS facing impossible odds, then 5 moves of doom, then cena wins, lol. it got tiring.

it turned around when he started doing the US open challenges and having great matches (one of them being with stardust).

depending on how they book cody and his run, it might not happen with him. keep in mind, cena was being booked by vince and trips and we see how differently those two book.