Page 127 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2753
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Debut episode of WWE Speed. The winner of this tournament will be crowned WWE speed champion

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1775550563603619911

Ronda Rousey is accusing Drew Gulak of sexually harassing her. I'm not a fan of hers but no one deserves to feel uncomfortable in their workplace:

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/r...confronted-him

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Debut episode of WWE Speed. The winner of this tournament will be crowned WWE speed champion

I guess it sounds better than "WWE Meth Champion."

They probably wanted to call it "WWE X Champion" but TNA said no.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

^^^That was fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Ronda Rousey is accusing Drew Gulak of sexually harassing her. I'm not a fan of hers but no one deserves to feel uncomfortable in their workplace:

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/r...confronted-him
    ^^^100% agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I guess it sounds better than "WWE Meth Champion."

They probably wanted to call it "WWE X Champion" but TNA said no.
    The company had to scarp their plans for a meth belt after firing Riddle.

That promo that Edge cut to open AEW tonight was cringe as hell.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    That promo that Edge cut to open AEW tonight was cringe as hell.
    People are saying it was basically Tony Khan having a guy go out there and do this. Edge himself said months ago the WWE didn't want to let him do a lot and it partly played into his decision as well as Christian was there to have fun with. But thus far we have seen 2 reactions...

Edge

Tony Schiavone who really , reeaaaally didn't want his name to come up in the Jack Perry deal. So he was doing a WHO CARES , I DON'T CARE....because he fears he will catch heat from Perry's friends because he went to Punk that day. That started the final clock on things.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Scott Norton in his shoot discussed the Yakuza and the pro wrestling deal in Japan. Norton enjoyed working Japan more than WCW in his run judging from an earlier shoot.

- The Yakuza would from what I heard here , force venues to buy tickets to shows and they had to sell them. And even if they had unsold tickets , they still had to pay for them.

- Norton reveals that he'd go to the ring and one of those there he'd speak with , would tell him "This entire row off limits or for Yakuza..." So they wouldn't want a guy to throw people into it that row or they'd tick off those folks. Norton would comically take a guy and hold them in a full nelson and get them right in front of Yakuza guys and gesture for them to hit him. Which they loved to do and they'd get into it.

- In the interview he brings up Hawk (Road Warrior Hawk) would go and hang out with the Yakuza guys on some days. That they loved Hawk and he didn't care to be around them. The same way in the states , as Norton claims Hawk would hang out with Hells Angels bikers. The office would be worried and tell him and Hawk would say , I'm good.

norton was such a bad ass in njpw, shame he wasn't booked more like that in the states. which reminds me of what i was thinking earlier, aew doesn't do a good job booking their big men. the way hobbs & archer were booked on dynamite is pretty much the usual way they book a hoss. i'd like to see stronger booking for the big guys, and definitely keep hook away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Is it great though? They got a bazillion guys on the roster but bring in outside talent on a slow show where they should be showcasing their guys...
    i guess it depends. if it had been jacob fatu or black taurus i'd be hyped, but it was jacques ryder so i didn't give a shat.

Bully Ray detailed his own run in with Jack Perry swearing to God on this one. That Perry is just a punk —- problem lol.

https://www.yardbarker.com/mma/artic...16998_40190121
    when a stand up guy as universally well liked by peers as bubba says that you know it's true. the only way it could be more true is if it came directly from jbl's mouth.

People are saying it was basically Tony Khan having a guy go out there and do this. Edge himself said months ago the WWE didn't want to let him do a lot and it partly played into his decision as well as Christian was there to have fun with. But thus far we have seen 2 reactions...

Edge

Tony Schiavone who really , reeaaaally didn't want his name to come up in the Jack Perry deal. So he was doing a WHO CARES , I DON'T CARE....because he fears he will catch heat from Perry's friends because he went to Punk that day. That started the final clock on things.
    luckily for us we got somebody like you on the inside. thanks for another hot one scoop!!

Edge doing a stand up for AEW promo on Dynamite and Dax after the show as well as all the I love AEW tweets their roster's been doing shows how bothered Tony was by Punk's interview. I guess it's one way to counteract the Punk drama and bad press over their 1st ever mass releases. Billy Gunn casually squashing whatever hope Jay White had of ever being a top guy in AEW unintentionally works as a good distraction too I guess. I thought maybe he could recover from the loss to MJF but boy was I wrong. Don't see how he recovers from that, not only did he get his ass whooped by a 60 year old career midcarder but he was terrified of him the whole match. Former IWGP champion Jay White fears the 5th wheel of DX who's a senior citizen. But feuding with Miz would have been the end of the world.

If you are talking about anything except that Toni looked amazing Wednesday night?

You could be getting this whole "Life..." thing entirely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Edge doing a stand up for AEW promo on Dynamite and Dax after the show as well as all the I love AEW tweets their roster's been doing shows how bothered Tony was by Punk's interview. I guess it's one way to counteract the Punk drama and bad press over their 1st ever mass releases. Billy Gunn casually squashing whatever hope Jay White had of ever being a top guy in AEW unintentionally works as a good distraction too I guess. I thought maybe he could recover from the loss to MJF but boy was I wrong. Don't see how he recovers from that, not only did he get his ass whooped by a 60 year old career midcarder but he was terrified of him the whole match. Former IWGP champion Jay White fears the 5th wheel of DX who's a senior citizen. But feuding with Miz would have been the end of the world.
    i didn't like that at all either but i will bet you money white will be fine. saying that match quashed any hope of switchblade being a top guy is either an xaggeration or just wishful thinking.

i wasn't the only one who saw trent's turn coming right??

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    I was massively disappointed by Edge's stand up for AEW promo as it is proving Punk right on one of his criticisms. The company likes to cater too much to a niche audience. That promo and the AEW talent sucking off the company on Twitter was not needed over one guy talking about his experience with the company. Eddie Kington and Tony Schiavone have the right mindset. Punk isn't there anymore so they don't care what he does or says.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i didn't like that at all either but i will bet you money white will be fine. saying that match quashed any hope of switchblade being a top guy is either an xaggeration or just wishful thinking.

i wasn't the only one who saw trent's turn coming right??
    All the times through the years, there's been hints of Trent (or Chuck sometimes) breaking the team up and then it gets resolved. They've done it so often and for so long, I truly believed that it was just a little easter egg and not a storyline. I want to believe it's been the story since the beginning. Be interesting to see where Chuck goes since he didn't help either of them.

And Sue was in the audience! Dastardly.

I got a chuckle out of Swerve trying really hard to not crack up during Joe's P Diddy joke.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I was massively disappointed by Edge's stand up for AEW promo as it is proving Punk right on one of his criticisms. The company likes to cater too much to a niche audience. That promo and the AEW talent sucking off the company on Twitter was not needed over one guy talking about his experience with the company. Eddie Kington and Tony Schiavone have the right mindset. Punk isn't there anymore so they don't care what he does or says.
    I don’t think Eddie came across as better on it. A simple no comment on his experience and move on works. Tony was more worry he’ll catch heat over a situation . Which we saw happen with Dax last year in a podcast just wanting everyone to get along for the business.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

i use to be so hyped for wednesday nights.. now if i miss a episode of dynamite idec.. ill obviously check out the next ppv but it just don’t hit the same for me idky
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.