Page 177 of 188 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 2816
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Eric Bischoff is the best heel GM I feel. He made it work as we saw. Vince never really wanted to be a bad guy and Jim Cornette joked , everyone told him people would hate him for the Bret thing.

He just rolled with it as we saw.

Tony needs to look at Bischoff if he plans a future heel boss run. People think he’s an insane coked up party guy….play that. Play into that silly image like Vince and Eric played. Sometimes you gotta be outlandish to do it.

Don’t be like Steph though. Dear lord f— did she get bad onscreen. There was literally no payoff to her talking down the men on the roster repeatedly. Just killing them on tv. This is where she made Big Show cry onscreen. Totally killed him with no pay off ahead.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I would say Eric Bischoff earned a spot too, considering he came before Vince did as the evil boss that regularly interfered. Plus, 2 bald-headed superstars got their revenge on him; Goldberg for turning him heel and mismanagement of WCW, and Austin let this happen for firing him while injured. LOL

But see, the thing is I never could take Bisch seriously for some reason. He always did that cheesy, **** eating grin and then proceeded to always get his ass kicked in the ring. It was especially bad in WWE, I remember that ECW One Night Stand pay per view when they all got shots on him and then put him in a dumpster.

But I did find it funny when he had 3 Minute Warning and had them beat up Moolah and Mae Young, that was wild LOL.

Bischoff getting beaten up was the payoff. Even Dixie understood that part and took a table spot to finish it off. Vince too knew to pay off things that he had to take beat down at times.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Wrestling needs an authority figure on some level. It's weird seeing the wrestlers booking their own matches when they don't have that level of authority. Authority figures work best when they are background characters like what Tony Khan has been at this point and the current WWE GMs
    agreed, it's the heel authority figure that's still massively played out. a babyface or fair authority figure can play a role in good programming still. even what santino is doing in tna is alright

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Bischoff getting beaten up was the payoff. Even Dixie understood that part and took a table spot to finish it off. Vince too knew to pay off things that he had to take beat down at times.
    bitchoff is a carny jackoff, that said like some other carny jackoffs he was a good onscreen character. bitchoff also had a few years in as a tv personality under his belt. tk doesn't have the chops for it, it's too big of a role for him at this point. even if the heel authority figure wasn't played the fuk out tk wouldn't be good at it, just like dix wasn't any good.

i'd like to see aew book a monster heel, so far they've not been able to do that so it would be something different. currently all their hoss dudes get booked like hobbs against mox on dynamite. joe was as close as they've got but he's more of a hybrid type.

Perhaps the best use of corporate synergy from WBD and AEW lol.

IMG_2216.jpg

So on YouTube there is a shoot interview of the late , great Doctor Death Steve Willams. I really wish Darkside of the Ring had used some of what he said as clips for Brawl 4 All.

- Jim Ross had talks with him for awhile. He really didn’t want to leave Japan but they made him a nice offer he took.

- He had to do a tryout match comically. A fact he chuckled about but it was with 2 Cold Scorpio who he liked.

- Doc wasn’t really sold for Brawl 4 All til he was told how the winner would get $100,000 dollars. So he was like , I’ve done shoots in Japan and I’m a skilled amateur wrestler…I can do this. Then Doc details how he planned to use the entire pay out for his son’s college. To get him started off right.

- Doc claims that they were told that they couldn’t really do what worked in
    Amateur Wrestling because they would have to let guys up. Also his hands had gloves on them and not being a trained boxer, he was going on his toughness here.

- During the fight with Bart he went backwards and he claims he could hear his leg tearing up. Being a tough guy , no way was he gonna stay down and in pain…he walked right into Barts punch. Which he doesn’t remember.

- At the hospital his wife was worried about him. She told him how he got knocked out cold … “Knocked out ? Really ? I’m Doctor Death…” She had to tell him and he’d see the clip later. His leg swelled up badly with blood due to the tear as well.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I was about to say this today …if he’s not rocking a neck brace or in a wheelchair then this angle was for nothing.
    Tony Khan got roasted on Pat McAfee show for not committing to the gimmick. He kept moving his neck while wearing the brace.

Tony Khan got roasted on Pat McAfee show for not committing to the gimmick. He kept moving his neck while wearing the brace.
    He's just NECK STRONG!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I caught part of Jericho's backwoods wrestling horror movie, Dark Match, at Park City with Sasquatch Sunset. He wrote, directed some. Didn't see it all as I was leaving to get to Sasquatch on time. Bunch of wrestlers get tricked into wrestling in a mud hole and ended up getting put against each other Battle Royal/Saw style, amongst other horror shenanigans.

It's getting a Cannes release!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

On the NFL Network Tony Khan compared AEW to Pepsi and called WWE the Harvey Weinstein of professional wrestling

https://twitter.com/PuroresuFlow/sta...47221836186086

Why do you do this to yourself Tony?

On the NFL Network Tony Khan compared AEW to Pepsi and called WWE the Harvey Weinstein of professional wrestling

Based on all the casting couch, ring boy, pimping women, and inter office sex scandals ... He's not wrong?

Still stupid thing to say.

He should have been more diplomatic and said “We’re Pepsi and they are Coke. We’re 2 different flavors but people can enjoy them.”

Tony is the classic…one step forward , 2 steps back guy. This doesn’t entice future free agents to come to his company. More or less he’s insulting them by this term.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Based on all the casting couch, ring boy, pimping women, and inter office sex scandals ... He's not wrong?

He's not wrong but he also has Ric Flair and Don Callis on the payroll and shielded Jericho when he has accusations. This can easily been thrown at his face.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

A broken clock is right twice a day.

Ultimate Member

That's a ridiculously horrible thing for TK to say.