Page 147 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2746

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They actually showed the Punk footage. It happened exactly as Punk said. All this just so they can blame FTR for the whole thing? This was beyond stupid
    well the "choke" wasn't as lethal as some made it out to be but yeah pretty pointless. we already knew punk was at fault otherwise he wouldn't have been fired. the people that couldn't see punk's hypocrisy before aren't seeing things any differently now.

good for ospreay, hope his girl doesn't get any shat for that though.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 04-10-2024 at 06:04 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    well the "choke" wasn't as lethal as some made it out to be but yeah pretty pointless. we already knew punk was at fault otherwise he wouldn't have been fired. the people that couldn't see punk's hypocrisy before aren't seeing things any differently now.

good for ospreay, hope his girl doesn't get any shat for that though.
    it kind of shows that punk was the instigator in this.

but.........i'm not sure if this was the way to go with it.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

They actually showed the Punk footage. It happened exactly as Punk said. All this just so they can blame FTR for the whole thing? This was beyond stupid
    The WWE wants to thank Tony Khan for advertising CM Punk and helping him sell more WWE merchandise.

This was WCW level stupidity.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

My takeaway from the video was Punk was the instigator and Perry barely fought back. More than anything, the video just proves what a childish and stupid thing the whole incident was.

Having said that, I don't really see what was gained by showing it. Punk doesn't look good, but it doesn't exactly bury him either. I'd say showing it just makes AEW look insecure. We follow it up with Ospreay answering Triple H's "shot" on him...

I think Tony's spending way too much time on the internet and putting way too much stock in what randos on Twitter are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    it kind of shows that punk was the instigator in this.

but.........i'm not sure if this was the way to go with it.
    it 100% shows that. punk approached perry then put hands on him then after things got broken up there was no reason for him to lunge at who i'm assuming was tk off to the side. punk wants to say aew isn't a real business and tk is a clown but he doesn't conduct himself like a professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

I think Tony's spending way too much time on the internet and putting way too much stock in what randos on Twitter are saying.
    Remember when Eric took it so personal against Vince he booked a PPV match everyone knew he wouldn’t do. The result was more eyes tuned into WWF then.

This literally was a near comical same thing. I await Tony challenging HHH to a match at a PPV next over comments lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The WWE wants to thank Tony Khan for advertising CM Punk and helping him sell more WWE merchandise.

This was WCW level stupidity.
    wcw level of stupidity?? hmmmm, well be sure to let us know what bitchoff thinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    My takeaway from the video was Punk was the instigator and Perry barely fought back. More than anything, the video just proves what a childish and stupid thing the whole incident was.

Having said that, I don't really see what was gained by showing it. Punk doesn't look good, but it doesn't exactly bury him either. I'd say showing it just makes AEW look insecure. We follow it up with Ospreay answering Triple H's "shot" on him...

agree with all that.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

it 100% shows that. punk approached perry then put hands on him then after things got broken up there was no reason for him to lunge at who i'm assuming was tk off to the side. punk wants to say aew isn't a real business and tk is a clown but he doesn't conduct himself like a professional.
    i must missed that part when my dad called me in the other room.

it doesn't make punk look better but it doesn't make him look worse. i'm.............not sure what was gained by showing it like that.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Punk didn't lunge at anybody. He was being restrained when he yelled at Tony and walked off.

Punk told Tony to handle it and all he got was "what am I supposed to do". He said **** it and handled business.

wcw level of stupidity?? hmmmm, well be sure to let us know what bitchoff thinks.

agree with all that.
    Already did…he gave out all 3 ways the video could go. But I await Tony challenging HHH to a fight. Trips has to be laughing at how easy he can get under Tony’s skin.

Ultimate Member

Was that the skirmish that caused all that controversy?..lololol.

I'm not sure what AEW stood to gain by releasing this footage, it makes them look utterly ridiculous. I didn't talk about this before because I thought The Bucks were just trolling, all this because of an interview that an ex-AEW wrestler gave?? Come on.

Regarding the actual "fight", it was a whole lot of nothing. It was just Punk being an angry idiot and it pretty much matched the small details he gave during the interview. This really changes nothing since Punk is in the WWE already.
    Last edited by Username taken; 04-10-2024 at 06:35 PM.

Ultimate Member

Punk didn't lunge at anybody. He was being restrained when he yelled at Tony and walked off.

Punk told Tony to handle it and all he got was "what am I supposed to do". He said **** it and handled business.
    Exactly.

That's pretty much what he said during the interview. Everyone already knows what kind of person Punk is and this doesn't change anything.

Not sure why TK was "afraid for his life"..lololol.

We now need Tony to show up like Vince and do a segment with Jim Ross “Punk , screwed Punk…” I mean if your gonna make bad tv decisions…GO ALL THE WAY lol

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

agree with all that.
    I agree with Super on this one. This Russo levels of stupid. FTR/Bucks feud didn't need this. It does nothing for their program and using the incident as an excuse for their loss at All In is an insane stretch to try to make it make sense.

Mina Shirakawa saves Mariah May...and gets no reaction from the audience because in order to understand who she is and what the storyline building between them and Toni Storm is, you need to have watched ROH and a recent untelevised Stardom show. And just know Stardom in general.

Maybe if AEW spent less time answering back every time WWE takes a shot on them and more time bringing fans up to speed with a video package or just a promo, the fans wouldn't have responded with dead silence and confusion.