Page 27 of 186 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Harold Hogue, who was known as Ice Train and M.S. Smooth during his wrestling career, has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Fantastic Member

The last five are pure perfection....this guys really need to be used more.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

AEW sought more of a sports-based presentation, and now it seems WWE is moving to foreclose any attempt by AEW to distinguish itself on that note:
    According to Mike Johnson of PWInsider, there was talk at Raw and at WWE HQ this week that WWE will be adding sports-centric elements to their programming. This will see interview segments become more sports-like, with one example being Cody Rhodes' interview from "earlier today" on Raw that featured the clock displaying the time.
    https://cultaholic.com/posts/wwe-to-...-based-product

Now, of course, part of all this is that live sports is sorta booming or is such an attractive lucrative market and so in some ways this might not have so much to do with WWE trying to counter AEW so much. But, I'm sure WWE knows that AEW sought that sports-based lane.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    AEW sought more of a sports-based presentation, and now it seems WWE is moving to foreclose any attempt by AEW to distinguish itself on that note:

https://cultaholic.com/posts/wwe-to-...-based-product

Now, of course, part of all this is that live sports is sorta booming or is such an attractive lucrative market and so in some ways this might not have so much to do with WWE trying to counter AEW so much. But, I'm sure WWE knows that AEW sought that sports-based lane.
    Hopefully TK doesn't read this report and then go in the opposite direction.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Hopefully TK doesn't read this report and then go in the opposite direction.
    TK has to understand that WWE has found success incorporating elements from other promotions and other promotions have borrowed elements from WWE. And TK needs to understand that VKM and WWE are competitive (even when they don't necessarily have to be) and they're not gonna sit idly if they think TK has found something that works well or could work well for AEW. Movie studios copy/imitate each other and wrestling promotions do the same.

If TK wants to do sports-based, he has to tell himself that AEW might have to do sports-based simply better than WWE does sports-based.

NXT, for example, was WWE's way of competing some with the indie wrestling scene. It copied, imitated there.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-24-2024 at 10:01 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    TK has to understand that WWE has found success incorporating elements from other promotions and other promotions have borrowed elements from WWE. And TK needs to understand that VKM and WWE are competitive (even when they don't necessarily have to be) and they're not gonna sit idly if they think TK has found something that works well or could work well for AEW. Movie studios copy/imitate each other and wrestling promotions do the same.

If TK wants to do sports-based, he has to tell himself that AEW might have to do sports-based simply better than WWE does sports-based.

NXT, for example, was WWE's way of competing some with the indie wrestling scene. It copied, imitated there.
    IMHO TK needs to ignore what WWE does for like a year. Watch it, sure. Comment on it? No. Imitate? Definitely not.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Hey Gryph!

You may want to watch the Women's RR this year!

Ava Bros accidentally spilled the beans on a gear release for a certain fav female of yours as a surprise entrant.

Ultimate Member

Which would you rather watch Rock vs Roman at Wrestlemania where you already know the outcome WELL beforehand or have Rock cost Roman the title one way or another to Cody and then have them square off later. Cody vs Punk sounds like nothing more than a consolation match like they couldn't do any better on such short notice.
    Roman right now is like the bosses kid winning employee of the month every month and then the other employees have to throw him a party for it and gives speeches about how great he is and why he deserves the honor so much more than they do.

SI seems to think WM 40 will be Roman vs. Rock / Gunther vs. Rollins with Punk/Cody lower on the card.

Sounds like they just watched RAW the other night.

Their article came across rather ... Kayfabe.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    SI seems to think WM 40 will be Roman vs. Rock / Gunther vs. Rollins with Punk/Cody lower on the card.

Sounds like they just watched RAW the other night.

Their article came across rather ... Kayfabe.
    I think it'll probably be
    Roman vs. Rock

Damian Priest vs punk vs Cody

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Which would you rather watch Rock vs Roman at Wrestlemania where you already know the outcome WELL beforehand or have Rock cost Roman the title one way or another to Cody and then have them square off later. Cody vs Punk sounds like nothing more than a consolation match like they couldn't do any better on such short notice.
    Roman right now is like the bosses kid winning employee of the month every month and then the other employees have to throw him a party for it and gives speeches about how great he is and why he deserves the honor so much more than they do.
    wow 100% accurate description of Roman's entire run as champion. Unless there is a radical change or surprise somewhere, this is shaping up to be the most boring, predictable wrestlemania season ever. Only thing to watch for in both rumble matches are surprise entries. Maybe drunk shirtless Jason Kelce will be in the men's rumble, lol

Extraordinary Member

Since Rollins intends to wrestle at Mania, I'm gonna guess it'll be Roman/Rock and Rollins/Punk

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Since Rollins intends to wrestle at Mania, I'm gonna guess it'll be Roman/Rock and Rollins/Punk
    Hopefully that's the way it goes.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Rollins has wanted to face Punk for a few years and I'm sure he'll get his wish...if he's able to work it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Incredible Member
    Last edited by Brian Adkins; 01-24-2024 at 08:44 PM.
    Please help Eisner Award winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins and his family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...7vlOjaJCkRwCIs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund