Page 84 of 186 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2780

God that all feels like ages ago, but yesterday all the same.

Speaking of video games, would you guys look at me funny if I told you I always thought Wrestlemania 2000 was better than No Mercy?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I don’t mind the Young Bucks being GM type heels and dressing as old era bad guys with what they did. It’s a nice touch there. But several reasons why it’s not really clicked.

- The Bucks suddenly returned on TV after months gone. There was really no lead up for weeks to show the Bucks going this direction. No spots of them being seen in a position of power onscreen to show them going heel bosses.

- The angle literally makes Tony Khan look inept as a boss. Darby claims how the Bucks have abused power , have hired friends and made themselves rich. All while the big boss hears this on TV and seemingly makes no effort to remove them onscreen.

Or play off conflict as he can’t onscreen. It’s like Tony’s oblivious onscreen to people using him seemingly. Onscreen here…

- A big reason it’s not working is…the guy the Bucks should have ran this against is back in WWE. CM Punk would have been a money angle. They had all this heat from the brawl.

Instead they returned to a Kansas song and played faces. Where had they not been scared of Punk , they could have returned as heels , played it off they beat up Punk and suspended him. Taunting guys as heel EVPs and people would be wailing on Punk to return.

Here it’s just too late and nothing against Darby , but the guy they should have ran this against was where the interest was.
    They heeled out on Kenny and Jericho before they left. The seeds were there.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i know you have an unconditional love for punk but he proved the bucks were obviously right for not wanting to work with him.

FOCK DA MELTZ!!!! what he has to say makes no difference to me. i didn't like darby's promo, his delivery is what it is but the promo itself was too russo for me. everything from the bucks has been good-great though, would rather flair not be involved but it is sting's retirement so i get it.
    Baffles me that people seem to be such big Punk apologists and acting like he did nothing wrong in any situation ever, when in fact the AEW stuff is easily like 80% his fault lol.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post

Baffles me that people seem to be such big Punk apologists and acting like he did nothing wrong in any situation ever, when in fact the AEW stuff is easily like 80% his fault lol.
    That was normal angry heel actions with Jericho and Omega though. Not a big indication that they were big boss heels as they play now. They disappeared for months and returned at this role. Using the online stuff we have heard a few years about.

And it’s not about Punk being wrong or right here. It’s how this would have worked had they not been scared of him last year. And them coming out doing a heel EVP boss role with Omega would have been gold.

This seems like a year too late right now. Like the big time heat and attention from the Brawl was right when you roll with it.

It’s like when Vince thought he’d be cheered after the backstage fight with Bret Hart. Then he saw that nope…no one thought he was in the right and he quickly seized on the Mr. McMahon character. People blamed Bret too then for his actions, but Vince saw how he could make money and did it.

That to me is where this was at. The world good or bad was discussing the brawl. So…make money off it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Matt Riddle is the new NJPW TV Champion

Nic Nemeth is the new IWGP Global
    Champion

MUSTAFA ALI is the new X Division Champion

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ewr...-champions/amp

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2024/02...grace-vs-shaw/
    Last edited by choptop; 02-23-2024 at 11:41 PM.

That was normal angry heel actions with Jericho and Omega though. Not a big indication that they were big boss heels as they play now. They disappeared for months and returned at this role. Using the online stuff we have heard a few years about.

And it’s not about Punk being wrong or right here. It’s how this would have worked had they not been scared of him last year. And them coming out doing a heel EVP boss role with Omega would have been gold.

This seems like a year too late right now. Like the big time heat and attention from the Brawl was right when you roll with it.

It’s like when Vince thought he’d be cheered after the backstage fight with Bret Hart. Then he saw that nope…no one thought he was in the right and he quickly seized on the Mr. McMahon character. People blamed Bret too then for his actions, but Vince saw how he could make money and did it.

That to me is where this was at. The world good or bad was discussing the brawl. So…make money off it.
    I don't know, I feel like they are getting massive heat from the crowd as is.

And "being scared" to not work with Punk is pretty funny.

I don't know, I feel like they are getting massive heat from the crowd as is.

And "being scared" to not work with Punk is pretty funny.
    It’s an ok angle and usually heel GM roles can be heat. I do think Tony needs to claim he can’t fire the Bucks storyline wise and they have power for now.

I comically would pop for a scene where Tony goes to make a special announcement as he does in ring. The Bucks come out and stop him…

“As EVPs we DEMAND to make this announcement !” Least when you announce something, it will have that lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

preaching to the choir. people have even tried to put spin on his failed mma career going so far as to compare him to rocky balboa.

another way to put that would be "it's how it could've worked if punk wasn't an idiot"

it only seems that way if you're obsessing on punk. the world has moved on. this really just seems like another case where your fantasy booking didn't come to fruition(and you blame the bucks) so you claim it's no good/not working/too late

the bucks are doing good work right now, it has nothing to do with punk.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    God that all feels like ages ago, but yesterday all the same.

Speaking of video games, would you guys look at me funny if I told you I always thought Wrestlemania 2000 was better than No Mercy?
    love both, please elaborate. the only thing i can think of that was better on mania 2000 was the entrances for tag team matches but it's been a while. i like virtual pro 2 best of the aki n64 games.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    preaching to the choir. people have even tried to put spin on his failed mma career going so far as to compare him to rocky balboa.

another way to put that would be "it's how it could've worked if punk wasn't an idiot"

it only seems that way if you're obsessing on punk. the world has moved on. this really just seems like another case where your fantasy booking didn't come to fruition(and you blame the bucks) so you claim it's no good/not working/too late

the bucks are doing good work right now, it has nothing to do with punk.
    Nah not fantasy booking. You oddly retreat to this each time. I just brought up how the evil heel EVP angle would have made a lot more sense then given the fact the entire world was discussing it after Brawl In.

Nah not fantasy booking. You oddly retreat to this each time. I just brought up how the evil heel EVP angle would have made a lot more sense then given the fact the entire world was discussing it after Brawl In.
    it would've made more sense to you because of how it played out in YOUR mind. that's fantasy booking and it's always better.

regardless just because you think your idea would've been better doesn't mean it's not working. darby's WERK SHOOTZ promo kind of hurt the angle but can't blame the bucks for that.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 02-24-2024 at 04:22 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I agree with Super. Evil EVPs Bucks would hit if they stuck when the iron was hot. It feels too late for this. I don't particularly care for it but I've never liked the bucks so...

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I agree with Super. Evil EVPs Bucks would hit if they stuck when the iron was hot. It feels too late for this. I don't particularly care for it but I've never liked the bucks so...
    i agree with that, but i think it's hitting now regardless. i'm not a fan of WERK SHOOTZ though so i don't feel i missed out on anything, plus i think it's clear now it was wise of the bucks not to work with punk after the suspensions.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Matt Riddle is the new NJPW TV Champion

Nic Nemeth is the new IWGP Global
    Champion

MUSTAFA ALI is the new X Division Champion

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ewr...-champions/amp

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2024/02...grace-vs-shaw/
    David Finlay lost the belt already? WTF NJPW

Astonishing Member

15 months ago people were praising the greatest booking of all time. The Bloodline storyline was scorching until Roman beat Sami. Now I am not feeling it. The Bloodline has been blah since Sami ended. I am not feeling Cody, never have. Elimination Chamber had zero surprises or heat. It is a reason why the proposed betting on Pro Wrestling is ridiculous. I am sure any and everyone could pick every winner. This Road to Wrestlemania is as blah as last years.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    She's coming in as Mercedes' personal writer.

She wrote the early Women's Revolution stuff.

Hopefully, Tony uses her more than WWE has in the last few years.

She's a multi -time Emmy winner. They need to use her.
    So, Tony Khan is the head booker. I remember Swerve saying his cousin's influence is all over AEW. How many creative influence does TK give his creative circle?