Page 176 of 188 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2816

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    If I never see another on-screen authority character in wrestling again before I die it will be too soon.
    That trope has grown tired. Although I would argue that the people responsible for making it a tired trope have usually been named McMahon.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Spectacular Member

Im sorry guys and I freely admit I dont watch AEW that often but I did watch the Khan segment and I thought it was horrible. Khan got hit with mic and you would have thought he got hit by a truck by the way he wet down. And whatever the young bucks (why do we still call them young when they have been around forever) did missed by a mile. That was a horrible segment

NEver been a fan of Authority figures. Be it Vince, Dixie, Gorilla, Jack Tunney etc...Don't need one now. BUT since they are doing some lazy writing, they need to keep the Young Bucks Group minimal. You don't need EVERYONE and their brother in it. Maybe add a few that are close to the Bucks and MAKE SENSE and you need a legit strong man that can make a legit run for the title, that is not Monkey Boy.
    Maybe get Edge and Christian together to work with the Bucks (But not beat) and they may be able to pull off some legit 4* matches. All leading up to a huge fight at All In where MJF comes back to save Tony Kahn (Which is quite a swerve logically but not in the wrestling world). What ever they do, Keep it interesting...

And they did a major disservice to Swerve last night. Couldn't address the fans and had him in a match against someone you know had no chance on winning. It was bad. NOt a great way to introduce your new Champion...Especially when it's going to be overshadowed by the Bucks/Kahn.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Im sorry guys and I freely admit I dont watch AEW that often but I did watch the Khan segment and I thought it was horrible. Khan got hit with mic and you would have thought he got hit by a truck by the way he wet down. And whatever the young bucks (why do we still call them young when they have been around forever) did missed by a mile. That was a horrible segment
    You think that's bad? Vince Russo, while at WCW, awarded himself the World Heavyweight Championship belt by winning a steel cage match. Russo is in fact one of the key reasons for a LOT of the bad lineups, mess ups, and overall horribleness of the late 90s-2000 WCW.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That would actually be a good swerve IMHO.

Tony thought it was just a name. Nah Bud-you work for Mercedes now . CEO! CEO! haha

Grizzled Young Veterans launching new wrestling promotion
    Burning Heart Pro Wrestling they are also going to be on AEW.

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/indie...ling-promotion

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

BuT rOcK dId It BeTtEr.

Those were horrible and most of the fans said please stop to TK.

I hope you're right!

Not excited at all about TK on screen.

I'm in the overwhelming majority camp that doesn't even want him making announcements, too.

Stay behind the scenes and sign the damn cheques.
    Those fans were fools….coked up Tony Khan was perfect. We need more of that. Lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    NEver been a fan of Authority figures. Be it Vince, Dixie, Gorilla, Jack Tunney etc...Don't need one now. BUT since they are doing some lazy writing, they need to keep the Young Bucks Group minimal. You don't need EVERYONE and their brother in it. Maybe add a few that are close to the Bucks and MAKE SENSE and you need a legit strong man that can make a legit run for the title, that is not Monkey Boy.
    Maybe get Edge and Christian together to work with the Bucks (But not beat) and they may be able to pull off some legit 4* matches. All leading up to a huge fight at All In where MJF comes back to save Tony Kahn (Which is quite a swerve logically but not in the wrestling world). What ever they do, Keep it interesting...

And they did a major disservice to Swerve last night. Couldn't address the fans and had him in a match against someone you know had no chance on winning. It was bad. NOt a great way to introduce your new Champion...Especially when it's going to be overshadowed by the Bucks/Kahn.
    Wrestling needs an authority figure on some level. It's weird seeing the wrestlers booking their own matches when they don't have that level of authority. Authority figures work best when they are background characters like what Tony Khan has been at this point and the current WWE GMs

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Wrestling needs an authority figure on some level. It's weird seeing the wrestlers booking their own matches when they don't have that level of authority. Authority figures work best when they are background characters like what Tony Khan has been at this point and the current WWE GMs
    Well, yes back stage but not inserting themselves into the main storylines like this. Even the GM of Raw/Smackdown is unneeded most of the time...

Just did a spit-take when the draft room for Jacksonville panned over to TK in a MFing neck brace.

Kayfabe LIVES!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Just did a spit-take when the draft room for Jacksonville panned over to TK in a MFing neck brace.

Kayfabe LIVES!
    HA! Andy Kaufman would be proud...

Kayfabe LIVES!
    I was about to say this today …if he’s not rocking a neck brace or in a wheelchair then this angle was for nothing.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Perhaps the toughest photo ever made. I have to think this one is a Japan trip given the bandages on Funk and Foley. Someone shared this on FB.IMG_2214.jpg

As far as authority figures in wrestling, nobody, absolutely nobody can top Vince, Stephanie or Vickie Guerrero.

All Vickie had to do was get on the mic with that annoying voice and say "EXCUUUUUUUUSE ME!" and get that great heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    As far as authority figures in wrestling, nobody, absolutely nobody can top Vince, Stephanie or Vickie Guerrero.

All Vickie had to do was get on the mic with that annoying voice and say "EXCUUUUUUUUSE ME!" and get that great heat.
    I would say Eric Bischoff earned a spot too, considering he came before Vince did as the evil boss that regularly interfered. Plus, 2 bald-headed superstars got their revenge on him; Goldberg for turning him heel and mismanagement of WCW, and Austin let this happen for firing him while injured. LOL