Page 57 of 187 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i hope people can forgive me if i don't feel sorry for hhh.

i was watching. love kojima, it was a decent show too.

it's kind of funny. people thinking rock is doing all of this just so he can make himself the champion or main event of mania LOL.

this did not disappoint

where's beastie at??
    A few of my favorites are kojima Yuji Nagata and Minoru Suzuki!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I honestly don't Care who defeats Roman just get the championship off him.
    I really care since whoever defeats Roman will get the "big" moment of defeating a near 4 year run of a heel at the top as champion. I just hope its someone the company has a big future planned.

I kinda want it to be Breakker. He's 26 years old....he's got a good 20 years ahead for him in the WWE at best. You want Bron to be the next BIG STAR....you book him towards Roman and do it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    People making a dollar out of fifteen cents with that house show clip.

They're also doing the most saying Mania 40 is cursed now, just because their favorite can't finish his story.

The only ones I feel for in this situation is Priest, Drew and Gunther. All three deserve better.
    It's hard to care now since they pulled the rugged on a story they got the fans invested in for a year. I want Cody to stop doing side quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's hard to care now since they pulled the rugged on a story they got the fans invested in for a year. I want Cody to stop doing side quests.
    They dropped the ball last Mania by not letting Cody finish his story. What have we got since then? Cody buried doing side feuds, Roman wrestled like 3 times and spent the rest of the time sitting in the locker room on Smackdown bitching about something. Priest, Drew, Gunther and even LA Knight being held back, since one belt is off limits and being held hostage in a story that has gone on at least a year too long. Which means any contenders they want to build will have to get in line for Rollins belt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    People making a dollar out of fifteen cents with that house show clip.

They're also doing the most saying Mania 40 is cursed now, just because their favorite can't finish his story.

The only ones I feel for in this situation is Priest, Drew and Gunther. All three deserve better.
    Mainly a problem of their own making come home to roost, especially with having Roman as champ for so long. They have built up far to many legitimate challengers that were denied their chance at a title to push Roman more. Roman needs to lose the title and go off to do movies or whatever. On Smackdown I heard about equal boos to cheers for Roman so he's not as popular to all. As for fan reaction, now that fans know that Rock will show up more of the fans in the stands will be fans of his do the roar for him will be a bit slanted in his favor rather than a true accounting.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    I find myself wondering if this whole thing was to deliberately create a controversy among wrestling fans. "Okay, fans are going to complain about Cody being switched out in favor of the Rock. But if we do this, then fans will be talking about it, and therefore talking about something other than the Vince McMahon scandal."
    Grant and her lawyer are going to release more details the closer we get to Wrestlemania (what else can they release worse than Vince McMahon shitting on her head? I don't know!). Don't forget more victims plan to speak up. Wrestlers haven't been named dropped yet. I don't think no matter what they do, or how much the Rock tries to "save Wrestlemania", WWE will have to address this directly on TV acknowledging Vince's years of abuse.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 02-04-2024 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Grant and her lawyer are going to release more details the closer we get to Wrestlemania (what else can they release worse than Vince McMahon shtting on her head? I don't know!). Don't forget more victims plan to speak up. Wrestlers haven't been named dropped yet. I don't think no matter what they do, or how much the Rock tries to "save Wrestlemania", WWE will have to address this directly on TV acknowledging Vince's years of abuse.
    I think the WWE will try to avoid mentioning it on their TV programs as much as possible. Last I heard, Vince McMahon's bio was no longer available on the official WWE site. You could find bios on Shane and Stephanie, and Vincent J. McMahon (the elder McMahon who was in charge of the company prior to the early 80's, and father to Vincent Kennedy McMahon), but no Vincent K. McMahon.

Of course, they can't pretend Vince never existed. He's going to have to be mentioned in historical contexts, certainly. But it looks like going forward they're not going to mention him any more than they absolutely have to.

As far as wrestlers being involved, it seems clear that Brock Lesnar was the former UFC star involved, hence his being replaced by Bron Breaker at the Royal Rumble.

But this is different than the Benoit matter. With the Benoit matter, they could easily put out a statement saying 'This was going to be a tribute to Benoit, but in light of further revelations, such a thing would not be appropriate. Therefore, outside of this statement, there will be no mention of Mr. Benoit's name tonight' and then go on to say it was time for the healing process to begin and for the WWE stars to go and do what they do best - entertain you. And then they'd move on from there.

But this is an ongoing matter: It's an ongoing civil case that will probably affect a lot of people backstage, and affect content. Certainly the rest of the McMahon family (Triple H included) will be called upon to tell just what they might have known about Vince McMahon's alleged horrible activities. As will a lot of people Vince was close with: Bruce Pritchard, the recently resigned Kevin Dunn, and others. John Laurinatis (actually named in the allegations) is throwing Vince under the bus, not denying the validity of the accusations but claiming he was just as much of a victim.

And it's likely we will find out more in the near future. Who might have known, who might have played a role in covering it up. I can easily imagine a scene between a new WWE employee at HQ and a longtime employee, and the new one asks "Just what is going on with Mr. McMahon?", and the longtime employee says "You don't want to know." There's probably a lot of people who kept their heads down and their mouths shut, and knew that SOMETHING unsavory was going on even if they didn't know all the details.

So yes, WWE will try as best they can not to mention it on the air. But the scandal isn't going away, and will continue to distract from any good publicity the WWE tries to create for Wrestlemania.

Triple H might try to 'accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative' (seriously, that song by Johnny Mercer might as well be Triple H's new theme song given his cringeworthy response at the press conference), but the negativity will continue to cast a dark cloud over the next few months' worth of events.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I really care since whoever defeats Roman will get the "big" moment of defeating a near 4 year run of a heel at the top as champion. I just hope its someone the company has a big future planned.

I kinda want it to be Breakker. He's 26 years old....he's got a good 20 years ahead for him in the WWE at best. You want Bron to be the next BIG STAR....you book him towards Roman and do it.
    It's been going on far too long for me to care.

Fantastic Member

It also ties into criminal acts going back to the 80's

I think this is going to end up as a RICO case because look at the timeline

Moolah - traffiking girls
    Patterson - taking sexual advantage of wrestlers
    Mel Phillips/Terry Garvin - grooming orphans in the ring boy scandal
    Jerry Lawler - sleeping with underage girls
    Jim Cornette - running OVW while having wrestlers sleep with his wife while he watched
    Bill Demont - pulling guns on workers and making them run around naked

Then you've got all the issues with the stars Cena sleeping with divas and having their boyfriends fired, depushed, and removed from the roster. CM Punk sleeping with a series of divas and many of those divas leaving the job. Ashley Massaro's rape at the US base that seems to have been covered up. JBL's locker room bullying which reportedly had to do with the showers. Randy Orton exposing himself to staff members which he would I guess masturbate himself and then make people shake his hand.

Ultimate Member

About the only way that this can get really worse is if the Rock is implicated in anything to do with Vince, not saying that I think that he will or that he should. That would really wreck things.

Jacob Fatu's contract with MLW is up were do you think he should go TNA? AEW? join the bloodline in wwe? other?
    https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1508886...ly-free-agent/

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    I think the WWE will try to avoid mentioning it on their TV programs as much as possible. Last I heard, Vince McMahon's bio was no longer available on the official WWE site. You could find bios on Shane and Stephanie, and Vincent J. McMahon (the elder McMahon who was in charge of the company prior to the early 80's, and father to Vincent Kennedy McMahon), but no Vincent K. McMahon.

Of course, they can't pretend Vince never existed. He's going to have to be mentioned in historical contexts, certainly. But it looks like going forward they're not going to mention him any more than they absolutely have to.

As far as wrestlers being involved, it seems clear that Brock Lesnar was the former UFC star involved, hence his being replaced by Bron Breaker at the Royal Rumble.

But this is different than the Benoit matter. With the Benoit matter, they could easily put out a statement saying 'This was going to be a tribute to Benoit, but in light of further revelations, such a thing would not be appropriate. Therefore, outside of this statement, there will be no mention of Mr. Benoit's name tonight' and then go on to say it was time for the healing process to begin and for the WWE stars to go and do what they do best - entertain you. And then they'd move on from there.

But this is an ongoing matter: It's an ongoing civil case that will probably affect a lot of people backstage, and affect content. Certainly the rest of the McMahon family (Triple H included) will be called upon to tell just what they might have known about Vince McMahon's alleged horrible activities. As will a lot of people Vince was close with: Bruce Pritchard, the recently resigned Kevin Dunn, and others. John Laurinatis (actually named in the allegations) is throwing Vince under the bus, not denying the validity of the accusations but claiming he was just as much of a victim.

And it's likely we will find out more in the near future. Who might have known, who might have played a role in covering it up. I can easily imagine a scene between a new WWE employee at HQ and a longtime employee, and the new one asks "Just what is going on with Mr. McMahon?", and the longtime employee says "You don't want to know." There's probably a lot of people who kept their heads down and their mouths shut, and knew that SOMETHING unsavory was going on even if they didn't know all the details.

So yes, WWE will try as best they can not to mention it on the air. But the scandal isn't going away, and will continue to distract from any good publicity the WWE tries to create for Wrestlemania.

Triple H might try to 'accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative' (seriously, that song by Johnny Mercer might as well be Triple H's new theme song given his cringeworthy response at the press conference), but the negativity will continue to cast a dark cloud over the next few months' worth of events.
    Yeah, I think this is going to grow bigger than WWE will be able to actually handle. It might get to the point fans will start demanding refunds to Wrestlemania in protest. Staying silent won't help. He's been in control for so long, interacted with so many women.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The WWE announced that Cody will be finishing one story at least….he’s gonna face Shinsuke in a bull rope match tonight.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I saw it on Twitter ...and beyond a dude going Booo....and all...you really can't hear much of the boos. In fact seconds in...you just hear people not really watching the replay off the screen that happened a day before.

I get the video tries to paint a picture here...but its not one fully done. The live reaction on RAW and Smackdown will be the judge ahead. This one ...not so much.
    Did you see NXT Vengeance Day last night? There were Cody signs, fans boo'd the smackdown recap and the WrestleMania promotion.

Bushiroad Fired Rossy Ogawa from STARDOM