Page 163 of 184 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 2760
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

These Athletic commissions are such a sad joke at times. Sure ...you should have it where the audience is kept safe from blood , fire etc. But when your literally trying to dictate what happens in ring its stupid.

Jim Cornette told a story of how one of those commissions in the 1970s (or 80s) had a guy show up and try to make all these insane rules. Guys couldn't get on the mic to cut a promo and more. Iron Sheik got on the mic (i believe it was him) and cussed the guy from a pig to a dog comically at a show lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Soho's pregnancy is legit.

Way to protect kayfabe!

New spin on the worked shoot.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    These Athletic commissions are such a sad joke at times. Sure ...you should have it where the audience is kept safe from blood , fire etc. But when your literally trying to dictate what happens in ring its stupid.

Jim Cornette told a story of how one of those commissions in the 1970s (or 80s) had a guy show up and try to make all these insane rules. Guys couldn't get on the mic to cut a promo and more. Iron Sheik got on the mic (i believe it was him) and cussed the guy from a pig to a dog comically at a show lol.
    It's still real to them, dammit!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    "WHO THE **** WAS IT?!! Don’t worry Oklahoma I’ll find the dastardly Transgender that *checks notes* entertained fans!!! HOW DARE THEY MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY?!!!"

Come on TK, strap on the rocket boots for a baby face push the the MMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!

Danhausen has been pretty great through this, too.
    Speaking of

It's still real to them, dammit!
    Here it is ....and it was Sheik....

This guy back then was absolute nuts. I did laugh at Jeff Jarrett's grandmother (or mother) who grabbed him by the face and told him he should worry about collecting taxes and they will worry about the wrestling !

I was wrong about the cussing him fully out....Sheik just did a F-CK the commissioner.

- Cornette points out the New York State athletic commission was considered one of the worst back in the day. They wouldn't let anyone below 14 into Madison Square Garden until the 1970s to pro wrestling shows. The wrestlers weren't allowed to fight outside the ring at MSG til 1980s.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Just to give a guy the mention...

Looked a little bit like Calvin Tankman might have been working "Security..." at the end of Dynamite.
    good eye. i was thinking earlier with stp getting a bit more shine lately alex kane would be a great addition and fit for that group.

claudio vs ospreay was awesome, though i'm not a fan of claudio being a stepping stone for brianson.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 04-18-2024 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This is so embarrassing for Oklahoma.
    Because it is Oklahoma, I'm pretty sure they are used to being an embarrassment to existence.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    good eye. i was thinking earlier with stp getting a bit more shine lately alex kane would be a great addition and fit for that group.

claudio vs ospreay was awesome, though i'm not a fan of claudio being a stepping stone for brianson.
    That giant swing counter was amazing.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Maximum Male Models showed up in Uganga's Soft Ground Wrestling

https://vxtwitter.com/SGWug/status/1...0evybcUBQ&s=19

This is beyond awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Maximum Male Models showed up in Uganga's Soft Ground Wrestling

https://vxtwitter.com/SGWug/status/1...0evybcUBQ&s=19

This is beyond awesome.
    I watched that yesterday. So much fun.

Love that their Uber villain is Lord White.

Soho's pregnancy is legit.

Way to protect kayfabe!

New spin on the worked shoot.
    So she’s actually in a relationship with the wrestler in the angle?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So she’s actually in a relationship with the wrestler in the angle?
    Yes!

They were kinda in one before the angle ... And now they are in a full-fledged one.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    As a fellow black man, sometimes I wish Truth would tone it down a notch about being the buffoon.
    did you ever get a similar vibe from new day??

AEW for whatever reason likes that cool off new hires before they push them.

It's a dumb strategy.

She's never been a good talker.

She's been cleared since February at least...

Agree, she needs to wrestle.
    i was thinking about this and kind of agree but not completely. i think it works in fending off the "tna effect" where everyone who comes over from wwe automatically gets a main event push which in turn makes the other company seem like a bigger deal. but i think there should be xceptions and not every new signee should be handled the same. a select few should get right into the world title mix as soon as they arrive.

Yes!

They were kinda in one before the angle ... And now they are in a full-fledged one.
    WERKT themselves into a shoot brother!!

With Mone...

It feels like there is a pretty logical possibility that could be playing out.

Punk?

They threw a dump truck full of cash at the guy, and he was sidelined most of the time because he is apparently make out of fine crystal.

Seems like they could be working out exactly how sturdy Mone is before they get her in the ring on a regular basis.