Page 15 of 190 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    We maybe agree on this general sentiment, it's just we may disagree as the whether a draw is warranted to quite achieve that. Honestly, if I thought Hook/Joe could be a long draw that would be talked about a lot 30 years from now, I might possibly maybe agree with booking it, but I don't think either Hook or Joe could make it work enough right at this moment.
    I'd say for the TV time invested and the build they have put behind him thus far , they have to see if Hook can be the long term draw ahead. No one knows if we will be discussing Hook in 30 years as a legendary guy. He's 24 right now....Sting was 28 when he faced Ric Flair in 1988.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Monsoor said in an interview when Pete Dunne got called up to the main roster to be Butch, Vince never intended for him to wrestle a match. He only wanted him to be scrappy third guy of the brutes

https://youtube.com/shorts/vXGOHH4aI...0IWgBCWQ9KbA_z

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This was the 1st TNA show....7 days away from 22 years ago. I remember watching this....

- The opening segment with Jackie Fargo , Bullet Bob Armstrong , Harley Race , Dory Funk Jr and Ricky Steamboat in ring....only Steamboat and Dory Funk Jr are alive today.

- Psycho Midget Puppet appears. Sadly he too is gone....he passed in 2020.

- Its amazing AJ Styles is still going. As the late , great Don West says while watching the fast action... "Guys this X-Division is gonna be something...."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

anybody going to check out gcw tonight??

mustafa ali vs gringo loco

deathmatch mexican dudes vs bullet club war dogs

janela vs reed

lio rush vs gresham

all sound pretty good, plus rina yama****a vs john wayne murdoch if you're into the deathmatches

TBS & TNT All Elite Wrestling Programming Delivered Banner Year

TNT and TBS have wrapped up another stellar year of AEW wrestling across its networks, including consistently delivering top-ranked programs each week while expanding AEW programming in mid-2023 through TNT’s AEW: Collision on Saturdays and continuing to broadcast memorable wrestling moments and storylines through TBS’ AEW: Dynamite on Wednesday nights and TNT’s AEW: Rampage on Friday nights.

AEW programs across TBS and TNT in 2023 ranked in the top 10 of all cable programs among adults under-50 72 times, including 50 times with a top-5 program in that coveted demo.

Viewership of AEW programming on the networks saw increasing momentum as the year culminated, reaching 15.6 million total viewers in Q4 2023, up 3% vs. Q4 2022.

Overall, AEW programming reached nearly four million viewers each week across TNT and TBS.

TBS continued its success into the new year, with this week’s AEW: Dynamite telecast delivering cable’s most-watched live sports program on the night among P25-54, and second-most watched live sports program on the night among P18-49. The program was also up double-digits in both demos vs. last week’s AEW: Dynamite telecast.

WBD’s action-packed AEW programming continues tonight with AEW: Rampage Homecoming at 10 p.m. ET on TNT and tomorrow with AEW: Collision at 8 p.m. ET on TNT. Next Wednesday’s AEW: Dynamite on TBS will feature AEW World Champion Samoa Joe taking on Hook for the title presented by WB Games’ Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.
    Can we we end the "AEW is dead" debate yet?
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-12-2024 at 07:12 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

wow Karion Cross can talk forever and say absolutely nothing. God he is boring as hell.

Ultimate Member

He and his wife are both boring, the whole mystical angle has just flopped badly.

Ultimate Member

Did anyone see that Carmelo Hayes/Austin Theory injury?

I'm not sure it's legit but it looked ugly.

The WWE Twitter account gave an update that both guys are ok.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Dark Order ... Wins!? Say what...!? AEW's trios division is getting good.

Shida is definitely the ace of the women.

TIL that Queen Aminata is not signed... Fix that right away please!

Saraya is a cold mfer.

Dante saying, “How’s the shoulder” and Marq Quen going, “How’s the ankle” had me ROFL.

Damn, I really hope they run Shida and Queen again; both can lay in the hard stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ruby vs. Harley, then Ruby vs. Saraya, and then at Revolution Ruby going face and striking out on her own.

****, that women's match was awesome. I can't stop thinking about it.

Who's house? Swerve's house! Great match. Sydal was great, too. Strap Swerve yesterday.

Eddie is the king, that was a great match. Poor Yuta, lol.

Shida/Queen easily MotN and perhaps a MotY contender already. I can't stop thinking about it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Did anyone see that Carmelo Hayes/Austin Theory injury?

I'm not sure it's legit but it looked ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrluck_07 View Post
    That ref deserves a raise.

He goes in, gets a hand squeeze from Melo, nothing from Theory.

Rings bell.

Great call there ref.

Theory's done that Lo Mein Pain a billion times. Looks like he botched the trajectory on the spin, thus having Melo land on Theory's head causing a double pancake.

WWE is now saying double face contusions.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrluck_07 View Post
    That's good to hear.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That ref deserves a raise.

He goes in, gets a hand squeeze from Melo, nothing from Theory.

Rings bell.

Great call there ref.

Theory's done that Lo Mein Pain a billion times. Looks like he botched the trajectory on the spin, thus having Melo land on Theory's head causing a double pancake.

WWE is now saying double face contusions.
    Yeah, the ref did well to call it off immediately.

This is amazing!

Hook is a better pillar than Perry IMHO.
    if he is he hasn't shown it yet. based on body of work i think jungle has hook beat by a wide margin and he's only 2yrs older

It's been a year since the last draw in AEW IIRC, so probably a good time to have one soon.

It would be bad for Joe's reign to have his first defense be anything but a win. IMHO a draw would be this so called "bad booking" as it devalues Joe and MJF out the gate.

Hook needs bigger programs first ... Would rather he team with Copeland to take on Christian.

This screams "daddy is taking me to WWE if I don't get ME programs" to me.
    wow, that hadn't even crossed my mind. that would be wild.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Hook has been working since what ? 2022 on TV ? A draw doesn’t hurt Joe at all. Joe has been booked so great up til now , him going to a 20 minute draw wouldn’t even phase fans to say he’s starting out weak.
    not hurting joe is NOT an achievement. a time limit draw would be good for hook, and not hurt joe. that's not what i would like or do(especially at this point in joe's reign) but it's not bad booking either. i can recognize that because i don't have tunnel vision. joe beating hook in a match that puts hook over in defeat not only doesn't hurt anyone but is good for both joe and hook. it might not be what you would like or do but it's NOT bad booking. if you could get over your 80's nwa/wcw fantasy booking you could see that.

Not only isn't Hook Sting, he really really isn't Sting. And 2024 AEW isn't quite in NWA/WCW's 1987/1988 position/circumstances either where a hot commodity like Magnum was injured and that derailed things/hopes and Sting and Luger's trajectories were probably influenced afterward by that existential-feeling desperation to aggressively counter a WWF that was aggressively eliminating its regional competitors.

I would contend that Hook has seen a great deal of bones from AEW in his time there. And I will leave that at that.
    i would say so

you and your anti-wwe propaganda!!!!

what's with jeff hardy and all his talk of ratings lately??

Dark Order ... Wins!? Say what...!? AEW's trios division is getting good.

Shida is definitely the ace of the women.

TIL that Queen Aminata is not signed... Fix that right away please!

Saraya is a cold mfer.

Dante saying, “How’s the shoulder” and Marq Quen going, “How’s the ankle” had me ROFL.

Damn, I really hope they run Shida and Queen again; both can lay in the hard stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ruby vs. Harley, then Ruby vs. Saraya, and then at Revolution Ruby going face and striking out on her own.

****, that women's match was awesome. I can't stop thinking about it.

Who's house? Swerve's house! Great match. Sydal was great, too. Strap Swerve yesterday.

Eddie is the king, that was a great match. Poor Yuta, lol.

Shida/Queen easily MotN and perhaps a MotY contender already. I can't stop thinking about it.
    i thought it was good but damn. my first look at queen and i was impressed, would be happy to see more of her.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 01-13-2024 at 06:33 AM.