Page 39 of 185 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Pretty sure both King and Ross were already inducted into the Hall of Fame over a decade ago. I know JR was- I remember a 9 minute standing ovation for him when they announced it on Raw.

Here's a thought- Rock is now on the Board of Directors of the company. I know Vince owned the company and still performed, but this is a different era and a different company. Would Rock even want to wrestle now?
    The Rock wrestling has always been about him being the final boss for Roman. What better way for him to cement his status as tribal chief by beating the most successful member of the family. Given how long he has reigned he doesn't need the rub anymore

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

After the match Logan Paul told Punk he loved what him and Cody did. Some fans don’t realize that while Punk was legit tired (he’s barely worked in a year) a lot of this was also ….acting.

Cody and Punk were both acting like they were gassed from how long they were in there. It was part of the story the 2 did.

For those wanting a Punk heel run…he goes heel in spot here. Playing to audience with his moments.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Post show HHH had to keep basically keep saying, let’s discuss the PPV than discuss Vince McMahon essentially. In one spot he praised TNA for allowing Grace to work the show and her as a talent. Then he mocked the saying of the Forbidden Door lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Post show HHH had to keep basically keep saying, let’s discuss the PPV than discuss Vince McMahon essentially. In one spot he praised TNA for allowing Grace to work the show and her as a talent. Then he mocked the saying of the Forbidden Door lol
    Cody handled the questions about Vince better than Trips did. You know hunter is bull****ing when he said he didn't read the lawsuit

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Cody handled the questions about Vince better than Trips did. You know hunter is bull****ing when he said he didn't read the lawsuit
    Trips is a suit now and has to answer suit wise. He isn't gonna give anything to press and risk losing his position he has now. Its his company direction fully now and with no one coming in to swoop it away.

The talent themselves from a report is more happy. Because they always felt there was a risk Vince would swoop back in and take control over something. Now they know the only boss they answer to is HHH.

Astonishing Member

Unless TKO decides to clean the house and fire everybody who was close to Vince.

Trips is a suit now and has to answer suit wise. He isn't gonna give anything to press and risk losing his position he has now. Its his company direction fully now and with no one coming in to swoop it away.

The talent themselves from a report is more happy. Because they always felt there was a risk Vince would swoop back in and take control over something. Now they know the only boss they answer to is HHH.
    Cody answer was also a suit answer. He acknowledge what happened, did so in a respectful matter and served as something of a prep talk. Trips was completely dismissive and tried to avoid the subject. A suit would know better than to state an obvious lie like not reading the lawsuit.

Cody definitely handled it better than HHH. Cody at least seemed prepared for the press to bring up the elephant in the room, though of course there was some PR stuff in it. But it was still a lot better than HHH, who went out of his way to dodge and deflect. I get the impression that if the press pressed HHH any further, he would have said "This conference is over" and abruptly walked out.
    Last edited by Chris Lang; 01-28-2024 at 05:51 PM.

Cody’s a worker and can wax poetic about the situation and speak more openly. Trips can’t here since he’s in a higher position. Plus has bosses and a sponsor who nearly quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Cody definitely handled it better than HHH. Cody at least seemed prepared for the press to bring up the elephant in the room, though of course there was some PR stuff in it. But it was still a lot better than HHH, who went out of his way to dodge and deflect. I get the impression that if the press pressed HHH any further, he would have said "This conference is over" and abruptly walked out.
    Cody has been around more, and had to play more roles while he was out there.

He is easily a better "Suit..." than anyone else in the mix. Even if he is technically "Talent..." in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Cody has been around more, and had to play more roles while he was out there.

He is easily a better "Suit..." than anyone else in the mix. Even if he is technically "Talent..." in this instance.
    Cody was in a whole different situation as an executive with his friends and Tony Khan than the position HHH is in currently. HHH has a whole set of bosses above him and given this situation right now , they don’t want him making anything that can be used as news fodder to CNN or press.

Given he’s Vince’s son-in-law he likely knows TKO could sack him if they feel like it. Not wanting any of the family there.

So yeah…HHH handled this the best he could.

Cody’s a worker and can wax poetic about the situation and speak more openly. Trips can’t here since he’s in a higher position. Plus has bosses and a sponsor who nearly quit.
    You forget that Cody was an EVP. Same position as HHH. I doubt they would have been any issues if Trips answered questions in the way Cody did.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    You forget that Cody was an EVP. Same position as HHH. I doubt they would have been any issues if Trips answered questions in the way Cody did.
    Tony Khan parties and hangs out with his workers. It’s like working at a beach resort and palling with the boss there during work hours compared to say .. working at Target with your boss lol.

I really like Abadon.

Yeah Triple H handled the Vince questions horribly, I get that he's obviously uncomfortable talking about it given he's Vince's son-in-law but he should've just reiterated what Cody said and said he'll give no further comments. Nobody buys he didn't read the lawsuit and if he didn't he isn't qualified to be in the high ranking position he is. More surprising is that TKO didn't hold a press conference or send a message to the media addressing the situation so if anyone in WWE is asked they can just tell them to refer to the statement. Incredibly stupid for Triple H to go before journalists and not have anything prepared.