Page 2 of 181 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So there was actual truth to stories that the WWE plans to make Roman break Hogan’s title run. Wow….
    It looks like that's what WWE is going for.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its possible a couple things happened as we have seen to change course on Cody/Roman...

- The ascent of LA Knight - I don't think the WWE saw this one coming and didn't when he feuded with Bray that the LA Knight character would CLICK as he did. It spoke volumes by the time the machine finally got behind Knight with more merch ....his sales figures was top 5 for the year. That was in half the time and months after he got HOT.

- The Return of CM Punk - If things were already changing in the company , Punk's return would ultimately change a number of directions inside. With Knight , Rollins , Roman and Cody likely effected. The directions all changed in this instance.

- The writers/actors strike - Originally the Rock was busy in Hollywood and that the odds he'd face Roman at Wrestlemania 40 was slim. Then the strike happened and it threw everything off. Cena was able to come back and Rock did for a guest appearance a month ago. Its here the WWE and HHH likely pitched the Roman match and the Rock cleared the schedule for it.

All these instances added up and like Scott Steiner would say , they spelled disaster for Cody Rhodes.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

There are rumors Roman vs Rock might happen at Elimination Chamber in Australia Rock himself even told a young Australian fan he might return to whip some Candy Asses: https://www.*********.com/sports/dwa...t-year-1267531 I highly doubt they'd do anything other than Roman vs Cody at WM. They wouldn't have had them come face to face a few months ago and keep bringing up Cody needing to finish his story otherwise. Plus I bet Cody wouldn't have re-signed like he supposedly did if he didn't get a guarantee he was facing Roman.

According to PWInsider RAW , Smackdown and NXT will be 2 man booths from here on out.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I can't see the Rock agreeing to work a B special event in Elimination Chamber for no real reason. Putting over Roman means more at the biggest event of the year than it does at Elimination Chamber.

Plus as Rock told in an interview , they were planning to set up him vs Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania 39 and it got delayed due to his film shoots and they had to delay it. This seems like they had it set , he's gonna work against Roman and put him over.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Save Rock for summer slam. I want Cody to finish the story

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Save Rock for summer slam. I want Cody to finish the story
    Would the Rock's film schedule be that open and closed to do it ? If he's coming back , he's gonna get 2-3 months off tops to do this. His filming schedule would have to have a film wrap in a span to give him time to train and work out for Summerslam. Its January now....

Rock has Fast X pt.2 that will be filming at some point in 2024 as well as the live action Moana. In fact before the strike from reports , Disney planned to start filming Moana with Rock in October of 2023 into 2024. So he would have been tied up then.

In November , Johnson told Fallen Moana is his next film and he is excited for it.

https://www.pearlanddean.com/dwayne-...-action-moana/

He could be off filming this right now , get some training in and be ready for April and then go off to film Fast X.

But as it stands....he's got these 2 films lined up to film.

Its being claimed online that AEW is expected to sign Mercedes Mone (former Sasha Banks) soon. She almost signed in 2023 but they couldn't get a deal done. Now after recent talks with WWE fizzled due to price tag , Khan is back in play.

Mone maybe what the womens division needs after losing Cargill. But we will see what happens...as she's not signed yet and WWE may swoop back in.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Its being claimed online that AEW is expected to sign Mercedes Mone (former Sasha Banks) soon. She almost signed in 2023 but they couldn't get a deal done. Now after recent talks with WWE fizzled due to price tag , Khan is back in play.

Mone maybe what the womens division needs after losing Cargill. But we will see what happens...as she's not signed yet and WWE may swoop back in.
    Tony needs to highlight the women division better if Mone is going to make a difference. It will need more than a segment/match a show.

Ibushi busted both ankles in Japan and had to be taken to the hospital.

Bummer ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

She is nothing without WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    And the AEW Women's Division is a cluster'f. Other than Toni Storm none of the characters have consistent storylines nor have any been built up as legit badasses since Jade's departure. Sasha could beat the entire division twice in a month and doing so wouldn't help her get over one iota.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    This is just silly she was killing it in New Japan Pro-Wrestling and Stardom she was also IWGP Women's Champion

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    This is just silly she was killing it in New Japan Pro-Wrestling and Stardom she was also IWGP Women's Champion
    Agreed, but their women's divisions are actually, you know, well booked. That is my main concern for Sasha (or any new female signee) in AEW.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Agreed, but their women's divisions are actually, you know, well booked. That is my main concern for Sasha (or any new female signee) in AEW.
    AEW'S women's divisions has been getting better and better in my opinion it's far from perfect but baby steps and honestly I'm not a big fan of wwes women's divisions as of late
    Last edited by choptop; 01-02-2024 at 11:29 AM.