Page 3 of 181 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    And the AEW Women's Division is a cluster'f. Other than Toni Storm none of the characters have consistent storylines nor have any been built up as legit badasses since Jade's departure. Sasha could beat the entire division twice in a month and doing so wouldn't help her get over one iota.
    Julia Hart has been booked strong and her alliance with Skye Blue was well built.

Personally I want to see Sasha work Japan more. She only got to work like 5 matches before getting hurt. AEW won't do anything for her

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Save Rock for summer slam. I want Cody to finish the story
    You've got Cody vs Punk for Night 1 Rock vs Roman for Night 2 seems pretty simple to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I can't see the Rock agreeing to work a B special event in Elimination Chamber for no real reason. Putting over Roman means more at the biggest event of the year than it does at Elimination Chamber.

Plus as Rock told in an interview , they were planning to set up him vs Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania 39 and it got delayed due to his film shoots and they had to delay it. This seems like they had it set , he's gonna work against Roman and put him over.
    This year Elimination Chamber is a really big and important show which will take place in a stadium for 60 thousand people, and international events are a big deal for WWE. So it's not really a B-show.

According to PWInsider RAW , Smackdown and NXT will be 2 man booths from here on out.
    can the odd man out please be Corey Graves? He is awful.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    You've got Cody vs Punk for Night 1 Rock vs Roman for Night 2 seems pretty simple to me.
    Why would it be Cody vs Punk for Night One instead of the match they've actually been building up, Seth vs Punk?

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    Punk vs Cody makes no sense. Punk is Seth's endgame and that's what the company is building. Rock vs Roman doesn't need the title while Cody does. Dwayne needs to go.

Extraordinary Member

I agree that Rock vs Roman doesn't need the title.

But if WWE is committed to Roman breaking Hogan's record, I'd prefer Rcok vs Roman at Mania to protect Cody

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    This year Elimination Chamber is a really big and important show which will take place in a stadium for 60 thousand people, and international events are a big deal for WWE. So it's not really a B-show.
    At last check WWE has already moved 45,000 tickets before the show. That was December and they planned for a stadium of 55,000 there.

Wrestlemania 40 has moved 90,000 tickets already.

I have to think at this point WWE maybe wanting to use Rock with Punk towards Wrestlemania to sell a network on RAW tv rights deal. Plus drive subscriptions to Peacock for WWE Network.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Punk vs Cody makes no sense. Punk is Seth's endgame and that's what the company is building. Rock vs Roman doesn't need the title while Cody does. Dwayne needs to go.
    If what Rock claimed in that interview last year , he was originally set to face Roman last year. Then as I posted using Rock and Punk towards their biggest event seems to be a possible lure to TV people.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Its being claimed online that AEW is expected to sign Mercedes Mone (former Sasha Banks) soon. She almost signed in 2023 but they couldn't get a deal done. Now after recent talks with WWE fizzled due to price tag , Khan is back in play.

Mone maybe what the womens division needs after losing Cargill. But we will see what happens...as she's not signed yet and WWE may swoop back in.
    This does not even make a single bit of sense...

In what world was Jade any sort of an actual loss that amounted to anything?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

They spent 3 years of TV on a win streak making her a big deal on Rampage.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

The real world? She's a very over wrestler and a hot commodity

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    The real world? She's a very over wrestler and a hot commodity
    Yeah I’m not the biggest AEW watcher here but Jade was given her own Women’s championship and didn’t lose on tv for a couple years. She was pushed by Khan.

Ultimate Member

Not sure if it's been reported here already or not but Raquel Rodriguez is having health problems...mast cell activation syndrome, which doesn't sound fun...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 01-02-2024 at 06:00 PM.

Fantastic Member

Why would it be Cody vs Punk for Night One instead of the match they've actually been building up, Seth vs Punk?
    Because Cody vs Punk is a big deal, Seth's matches are never a big deal and if he defends against Punk it's a mid-card match. Seth isn't the attraction and has never been booked as such. You also have to figure the WWE doesn't want 4 active year long reigns...Seth getting a year run while Roman is chasing Hogan just makes him look like the weaker guy and devalues the belt.

I agree that Rock vs Roman doesn't need the title.

But if WWE is committed to Roman breaking Hogan's record, I'd prefer Rcok vs Roman at Mania to protect Cody
    Roman breaking Hogan's record is fan speculation.