Page 4 of 179 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    Because Cody vs Punk is a big deal, Seth's matches are never a big deal and if he defends against Punk it's a mid-card match. Seth isn't the attraction and has never been booked as such. You also have to figure the WWE doesn't want 4 active year long reigns...Seth getting a year run while Roman is chasing Hogan just makes him look like the weaker guy and devalues the belt.
    Cody vs Punk isn't what the company is building. They were building to the Rollins match as soon as Punk returned in Survivor Series. There's too much legitimate heat there to not capitalize on.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Roman breaking Hogan's record is fan speculation.
    Let's hope that's all it is and that WWE doesn't try it..

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Cody vs Punk isn't what the company is building. They were building to the Rollins match as soon as Punk returned in Survivor Series. There's too much legitimate heat there to not capitalize on.
    They are building towards a match...a series of matches with Seth is dumb. What in Seth's history would putting him in a four month program with an old wrestler a good idea. Rollins is a great work horse but the guy killed Sting, Finn, and Bray. They wouldn't give him a long program with Roman or Brock but they are going 4 months with a guy that's gotten injured every year he's come back.

Extraordinary Member

Because Cody vs Punk is a big deal, Seth's matches are never a big deal and if he defends against Punk it's a mid-card match. Seth isn't the attraction and has never been booked as such. You also have to figure the WWE doesn't want 4 active year long reigns...Seth getting a year run while Roman is chasing Hogan just makes him look like the weaker guy and devalues the belt.
    "Seth matches are never a big deal" what are you talking about?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

There is more money to be made at this current moment with Seth Rollins vs CM Punk than there is Cody/Punk. Its the truth....there is more to be made and a hotter angle there at this moment.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "Seth matches are never a big deal" what are you talking about?
    When has Seth ever had a money program that paid off?

When has Seth ever had a money program that paid off?
    I can name a couple that were good pay offs. His work when he was aligned with Authority. That angle was a good one that ran. His Sting program was sadly cut short due to Sting's injury then but the guy thought enough of him to put him over , even after he could barely walk.

His current run as the work horse champion has been a solid one as well.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I can name a couple that were good pay offs. His work when he was aligned with Authority. That angle was a good one that ran. His Sting program was sadly cut short due to Sting's injury then but the guy thought enough of him to put him over , even after he could barely walk.

His current run as the work horse champion has been a solid one as well.
    So your three examples are the thing that hasn't had a match yet, the angle that ended because he blew out his knee, and the other one were he ended Stings WWE career.

If you actually look month by month/year by year Seth who has a great work rate has been an albatross

So your three examples are the thing that hasn't had a match yet, the angle that ended because he blew out his knee, and the other one were he ended Stings WWE career.

If you actually look month by month/year by year Seth who has a great work rate has been an albatross
    Seth worked constantly as the Authority champion , he has worked very constant since 2022 when he came back and started his build to this run and 2023. Lots of real good matches and work there.

I get you don't like Rollins for some reason. But if we went month by month and year by year....Seth's been one of the near top and top guys since he began at NXT. Dude has done a lot and this program with Punk is one he's wanted (and Punk has too....Punk wanted to return in 2019 and work with him from reports that came out). So the 2 men have a natural heat building program.

I don't dislike Cody here...but there is nothing right now that sells a Punk/Rhodes match. The 2 men are faces , they just had a cold handshake about Royal Rumble on TV and parted as competitors for it. But the big $$$ is Punk and Rollins which ....give credit to Seth here...he's talked about Punk since last year in media.

Fantastic Member

Seth worked constantly as the Authority champion , he has worked very constant since 2022 when he came back and started his build to this run and 2023. Lots of real good matches and work there.

I get you don't like Rollins for some reason. But if we went month by month and year by year....Seth's been one of the near top and top guys since he began at NXT. Dude has done a lot and this program with Punk is one he's wanted (and Punk has too....Punk wanted to return in 2019 and work with him from reports that came out). So the 2 men have a natural heat building program.

I don't dislike Cody here...but there is nothing right now that sells a Punk/Rhodes match. The 2 men are faces , they just had a cold handshake about Royal Rumble on TV and parted as competitors for it. But the big $$$ is Punk and Rollins which ....give credit to Seth here...he's talked about Punk since last year in media.
    Not saying I dislike the guy....however you can't look at a worker like Rollins and not see how much damage he's made for the company and wrestling over the last 10 years. If I could use a football analogy Seth is a wide receiver who always drops the ball...is it the QB sure.

Extraordinary Member

Not saying I dislike the guy....however you can't look at a worker like Rollins and not see how much damage he's made for the company and wrestling over the last 10 years. If I could use a football analogy Seth is a wide receiver who always drops the ball...is it the QB sure.
    Yes we can, becuase the damage who claim to see doesn't actually exist

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    This does not even make a single bit of sense...

In what world was Jade any sort of an actual loss that amounted to anything?
    i'm with you on that. her act was stale midway through her title reign. i still don't get why they pushed her so hard, she had potential for sure but needed quite a bit of work still imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i'm with you on that. her act was stale midway through her title reign. i still don't get why they pushed her so hard, she had potential for sure but needed quite a bit of work still imo.
    The character and mic skills were there. She just needed work in ring which we see WWE doing with her. It’s one of those….i can see why Tony pushed her. But he doesn’t have what WWE has to let her go to Performance Center and work on skills in ring.

With all those pros coaching her….she can take that next step.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    This does not even make a single bit of sense...

In what world was Jade any sort of an actual loss that amounted to anything?
    The character and mic skills were there. She just needed work in ring which we see WWE doing with her. It’s one of those….i can see why Tony pushed her. But he doesn’t have what WWE has to let her go to Performance Center and work on skills in ring.

have to disagree, she was passable on the mic but way better off having smart mark or stokely do the talking. even so i don't get what the rush was to push her before she was ready.

so that hausman dude seems to be kind of a jerkoff

Has she shown up wrestling yet? Kinda hard to judge supposed improvements with no data. Her talking wasn't even anything so different than before.

SI just said she was back on hiatus from TV when talking about her and Willow's upcoming TV show appearance.

Kinda wonder if she's pregnant or injured again. If not ...

Given WWE's lack of true powerhouse women, I suspect she shows at the rumble, tosses Nia and a bunch of others only to get dumped by whomever she's gonna feud with first. Thus setting up her brand placement.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    have to disagree, she was passable on the mic but way better off having smart mark or stokely do the talking. even so i don't get what the rush was to push her before she was ready.

so that hausman dude seems to be kind of a jerkoff
    She's a favorite in our house. The youngest, me, and wifey love her. Son and oldest daughter ... Eh ...

She has the look, entrance, gear, and natural charisma.

Honestly, her ring work was better than 85% of what you saw on then current WWE but very low for AEW work rate (AEW had very low work rate women at the time, too, so she stood out more because of her formula she ran) and bottom 10% for TNA. She has the benefit of Dark and Elevation, so her TBS run looked better because of the time she got to train on those platforms. She ran the ropes hard. I just think her packaged style was not what the vast majority of the AEW fans like. When she was given people that could work a power style, like Thunder and Statlander, she had her best matches. Sadly, 2 of those were early hidden away on Dark and the other 2 came when she put Stat over on her way out.

Her mic work was all over the place but again, her look and charisma took care of that. She was beat when given the talker for the middle promo and she'd slam the intro and catchphrase down at the end. I'd love to see her with Heenan back in the day.

She kinda reminded me of Bennett or Roode back in the day as being a WWE superstar not on WWE TV.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-03-2024 at 08:55 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium