Page 5 of 181 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Highlights of Charlie Dampsey's All Japan match. He looks like a banger and a natural fit for Japan

https://vxtwitter.com/raion74_/statu...bIcRqbUxJuE6mA

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I believe the plan was for Jade to work against Charlotte. But then Charlotte blew her knee out on a bad spot (she really shouldn’t have done) and they maybe changing plans for her.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Trips said in a presser they won't debut Jade until she is ready. If she doesn't make it in the rumble then she will post mania.

Well...

That is certainly an interesting curve...

Extraordinary Member

So we've got Cole's reasoning and it's basically the least interesting thing they could have done with the angle

Well...

I don't know that Luchasaurus/Killswitch will ever get his due as a solid straight man.

This is going off the rails in particularly priceless fashion...

Takeshita truly is the Alpha. That finish was sick.

No Jericho, MJF, Omega, Bucks, ADBD, Mox, and others YET it was the best Dynamite in weeks.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

In Japan they showed off the “kayfabe” daughter of Great Muta, the Great Sakuya ! She has a great look and if good should be coming to America at some point.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

So Joe is now gonna be the face in the program against Undisputed Kingdom. I can see Cole sending Wardlow against Joe as he plans. Then watching him fail. Then growing frustrated as his group can’t get the title off him.

Finally he sees Swerve and here…Swerve plays him and group once he gets the title off Joe. Then classic Swerve…,pulls a swerve on him and instead of handing him the title, he keeps it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

She's a favorite in our house. The youngest, me, and wifey love her. Son and oldest daughter ... Eh ...

She has the look, entrance, gear, and natural charisma.

Honestly, her ring work was better than 85% of what you saw on then current WWE but very low for AEW work rate (AEW had very low work rate women at the time, too, so she stood out more because of her formula she ran) and bottom 10% for TNA. She has the benefit of Dark and Elevation, so her TBS run looked better because of the time she got to train on those platforms. She ran the ropes hard. I just think her packaged style was not what the vast majority of the AEW fans like. When she was given people that could work a power style, like Thunder and Statlander, she had her best matches. Sadly, 2 of those were early hidden away on Dark and the other 2 came when she put Stat over on her way out.

Her mic work was all over the place but again, her look and charisma took care of that. She was beat when given the talker for the middle promo and she'd slam the intro and catchphrase down at the end. I'd love to see her with Heenan back in the day.

She kinda reminded me of Bennett or Roode back in the day as being a WWE superstar not on WWE TV.
    wouldn't argue with that, like i said the potential was there no doubt i just don't get why they felt the need to push her that way. imo there was just no need to push her at the xpense of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Trips said in a presser they won't debut Jade until she is ready. If she doesn't make it in the rumble then she will post mania.
    i think he has the right idea

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Takeshita truly is the Alpha. That finish was sick.
    that was awesome, as was the main event

No Jericho, MJF, Omega, Bucks, ADBD, Mox, and others YET it was the best Dynamite in weeks.
    you think?? i thought it was very good but dynamite's been on point the last month.

AEW had to make their own home grown stars as we saw. People gave Orange sh-t and I did awhile (even Jim Ross did til he got better) before he became the guy we see now. They had to push some talents that weren't ready then and grew on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    AEW had to make their own home grown stars as we saw. People gave Orange sh-t and I did awhile (even Jim Ross did til he got better) before he became the guy we see now. They had to push some talents that weren't ready then and grew on stage.
    orange didn't get better, you just wised up. orange was about 15yrs veteran when aew started btw.

they really didn't need to push her like that, they created other homegrown stars. all her push accomplished was getting her a big money deal with a company that previously rejected her only for them to find out she wasn't ready for that kind of push.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 01-04-2024 at 01:34 AM.

Jade was good in the ring and on the mic, actually, is definitely some revisionist history. Having said that though her look is terrific and if WWE manage to iron her out then she's going to be a massive star moving forward.

I more or less just watch AEW at the moment, because I don't have time for 10+ hours of wrestling a week, but I've been enjoying the product since I jumped on last year after the Punk meltdown media scrum.