Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I'm a little leery of Storm being able to scramble the organic brain of a true class 100, but there's certainly a case to be made for it. It might work on post crisis Worf Mongul. Present Mongul, who can apparently get into planet shattering scraps with the current overpowered Superman seems less plausibly susceptible... The brain scramble thing does somewhat bypass durability but you still need a lot of output to damage the soft tissue of a class 100.

Can Storm hurt Mongul with an electrical attack/barrage? In the past she has used her lightning to stagger/hurt Terrax:

Also, her lightning and wind control has managed to overload/destroy vibranium made battle ships:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I'm a little leery of Storm being able to scramble the organic brain of a true class 100, but there's certainly a case to be made for it. It might work on post crisis Worf Mongul. Present Mongul, who can apparently get into planet shattering scraps with the current overpowered Superman seems less plausibly susceptible... The brain scramble thing does somewhat bypass durability but you still need a lot of output to damage the soft tissue of a class 100.
    I can't speak to the events that occured in in the latter parts of the Bendis run, but in the PKJ run Superman had not yet gotten his present powerboost. If I'm remembering right, that's something he got at the end of the arc. For the majority of the arc he was actually weaker than usual, due to Mongul using a power source that ftuz'd with his powers

Ultimate Member

Storm very recently folded Odin Force's Thor's spine in Immortal Thor.

HOWEVER, that was her changing the atmospheric pressure to match that of Jupiter.

That should constitute a low showing for Thor and not really a high one for Storm (and I'm not sure what Al Ewing was going for, I think OF Thor should be able to withstand the pressure of Jupiter without ear drums bursting and all that). That being said, she can affect atmospheric pressure to hurt high end class 100s.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-18-2024 at 06:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Storm very recently folded Odin Force's Thor's spine in Immortal Thor.

HOWEVER, that was her changing the atmospheric pressure to match that of Jupiter.

That should constitute a low showing for Thor and not really a high one for Storm (and I'm not sure what Al Ewing was going for, I think OF Thor should be able to withstand the pressure of Jupiter without ear drums bursting and all that). That being said, she can affect atmospheric pressure to hurt high end class 100s.
    Thor says that he uses his power when he needs to, basically. He wasn't in a situation where he was expecting Jupiter levels of atmospheric pressure, so he was forced to his knees out of surprise. But after a second to adjust, he was fine.

That was basically the entirety of the "fight". Ororo through some attacks at Thor, Thor felt them but wasn't really hurt by them in any significant way.

Extraordinary Member

In Contest of Champions II Thor and Storm were matched up.

Storm tossed everything she had at him and Thor just casually laughed it off. Then it got a bit skeevy with Thor kissing Storm and litterally taking her breath away, which knocked her out.

Point is that Thor has treated Storm like a minor hindrance previously.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Thor says that he uses his power when he needs to, basically. He wasn't in a situation where he was expecting Jupiter levels of atmospheric pressure, so he was forced to his knees out of surprise. But after a second to adjust, he was fine.

That was basically the entirety of the "fight". Ororo through some attacks at Thor, Thor felt them but wasn't really hurt by them in any significant way.
    Yeah, it wasn't a fight.

It was basically Storm asking Thor to send her back to Arakko and using her powers to convince Thor of the severity of the situation. The lightning she hit Thor was stung him a little but Thor is immune to lightning so it wasnf going to do anything to him anyway. She wasn't looking to put him down and vice versa.

Seeing that was OF Thor she could manipulate atmospheric pressure to hurt, couldn't Storm do similar to Mongul in the arena?

Ultimate Member

page_8 thor.jpgpage_9 thor.jpgpage_10 thor.jpg

Just to re-iterate that it wasn't a fight, it was just Storm basically trying to "force" Thor to send her back to Mars.

EDIT: I don't know how to make the images bigger.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-19-2024 at 08:35 AM.

Ultimate Member

page_11 thor.jpg

This is OF Thor basically no-selling what Storm did to him and him saying he's as powerful as he needs to be.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, it wasn't a fight.

It was basically Storm asking Thor to send her back to Arakko and using her powers to convince Thor of the severity of the situation. The lightning she hit Thor was stung him a little but Thor is immune to lightning so it wasnf going to do anything to him anyway. She wasn't looking to put him down and vice versa.

Seeing that was OF Thor she could manipulate atmospheric pressure to hurt, couldn't Storm do similar to Mongul in the arena?
    The issue with this is that regular Thor, sans OF power ups, has chilled for extended periods inside of stars, where the pressure is massively higher than the "air pressure" anywhere on or inside of Jupiter. So this is very much a non feat.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Don’t downplay the feat - the Storm fans will be on their way with pitchforks.
    Chief Curmudgeon