Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mongul vs. The X-men

Who wins in a battle between DC's Mongul and this X-men line-up:

-Storm
    -Namor
    -Cyclops
    -Bishop
    -Wolverine

Mongul has his chest canon. Bishop has his standard weapons.

Fight 1: The Arena

Fight 2: begins in Times Square

Can Mongul defeat this team of mutants? Or will the X-men triumph over the ruler of Warworld?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member

Isn't this a stomp for Mogul. A Kryptonian peer, fights groups of GLs, etc. Speed, strength, energy projection, etc.

I don't think he would even feel Storm or Cyclops. He could pull even the strongest apart. Not a Bishop follower but unless he has some exotic, I don't think so.

You might argue Wolverine's claws might cut him but Mogul is faster and blasts him to just the metal bones.

Namor is the only one who can really do anything but he still gets murdered.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Mongul finds it all very amusing and proceeds to pull the X-men apart like taffy.

On a hot day.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

The only thing Namor can do, is fly away. His strength and damage soak is nothing compared to Mongul. Maybe Mongul could just stick those dream flowers on them and let them dream away to death. If he were nice.

Darn, I was hoping this wouldn't be a stomp.

I just have a few questions:

Would Storm be able to use her control over moisture/rain to amp Namor? Also, in the 2nd battle, can the X-men use the location to help them, i.e. Storm distorts Mongul's sight/hearing, while she and the others attempt to move him towards the water? Lastly, can Storm mess with the electrical impulses in Mongul's brain (like she did to Sinister & Clor) to give them a potential 10 count against him?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Yes, Storm can get Namor wet.

*looks around for the source of the childish giggling*

But that just gets him to Class 100. Barely over entry-level Class 100. He’s like a damp Wonder Man. In fact ‘Wonder Man’ is an anagram of ‘New Dr Namor’. But that doesn’t really mean anything. Forget I said that.

But yeah, Diet Coke Class 100.

It’s not like ‘Hulk gets angrier than he’s ever been’ or ‘Superman soaks in the sun for a month’. Those are ‘Starts at Class 100 and gets massively buffed from there’. Namor doesn’t have that.
    Last edited by Beadle; 01-15-2024 at 11:44 AM. Reason: The autocensor didn’t like the type of laughing I referenced
    Chief Curmudgeon

Astonishing Member

In the arena, all of them will get blitzed. Mongul can hang with Kryptonians in terms of speed. A wet Namor is not a Kryptonian level. Also, I think Kryptonian equal synapses are not going to be disturbed by Storm level electricity. Who knows though? Supes in some variants gets affected by lightning or electricity by Live Wire or a Shazam bolt dodge (magical though).

Anyhow, no way Namor is coming up to his strength level from a walk in the rain.

Ultimate Member

Whats the consensus on speed?

I thought speed feats were compartmentalized into said characters carrying out actual speed feats.

Thats why Hulk and Thor aren't classified as high end super speedsters despite being able to hang with guys like The Sentry and Silver Surfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Whats the consensus on speed?

I thought speed feats were compartmentalized into said characters carrying out actual speed feats.

Thats why Hulk and Thor aren't classified as high end super speedsters despite being able to hang with guys like The Sentry and Silver Surfer.
    Mongul has no superpeed, he gets by on PIS from Superman. He’s CBPH speed at best.

As to the fight, one thunderclap will KO everyone except Namor. Namor gets stomped shortly after.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Isn't this a stomp for Mogul. A Kryptonian peer, fights groups of GLs, etc. Speed, strength, energy projection, etc.

I don't think he would even feel Storm or Cyclops. He could pull even the strongest apart. Not a Bishop follower but unless he has some exotic, I don't think so.

You might argue Wolverine's claws might cut him but Mogul is faster and blasts him to just the metal bones.
    This would be giving post crisis Mongul too much credit. Fighting multiple GLs invokedongul having rings of his own. And he's not really a Kryptonian peer, either. He hasn't actually been a match for Superman since like 1985. He can go a round or too with Clark, especially if Clark is holding back, but he either gases out or gets laid out by Clark getting serious. He's kind of a Worf to make DC heroes look good. Early Kyle Rayner, early speed force discovery Wally West, and Krypto the Superdog have all beaten him pretty badly. He's a class 100 type, but I'm not wholly convinced he's much above Namor.

That said, he apparently had went the distance with Rebirth Clark the distance, even managing to briefly knock him out. So the current version seems beyond Namor.

I'm not sure how Bishop handles kinetic energy. What would a class 100 thunderclap do to him?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    As to the fight, one thunderclap will KO everyone except Namor. Namor gets stomped shortly after.
    There's an argument that Bishop can also withstand the thunderclap, though he's still hosed when Mongul enters melee

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Probably the only possible strat they have is Storm, Cyclops, and Bishop distracting Mongul with a wide-spray blast, mostly to blind him, and while Mongul is walking through it, Namor grabs Wolverine's hand with his claws extended, and shoots right for Mongul's neck. Namor's strength plus Wolverine's claws might manage to cut Mongul's head of. Might. But this is all assuming Mongul doesn't do an opening salvo that knocks most of the X-Men out at the start, and that the distraction works well enough he doesn't dodge or counter.

But that's a pretty small chance.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Remind me again, how much brain-electricity shenanigans can Storm and/or Namor get up to nowadays, and how long does it take for them to activate those abilities (if they still have them)? Also, is Mongol even vulnerable to that kind of thing in the first place?