Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Question: Can Mongul fly under his own power or Teleport?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Remind me again, how much brain-electricity shenanigans can Storm and/or Namor get up to nowadays, and how long does it take for them to activate those abilities (if they still have them)? Also, is Mongol even vulnerable to that kind of thing in the first place?
    Storm did it to Clor. It knocked him out of the sky but he wasn't completely down:

She has also done it to Mr. Sinister:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Question: Can Mongul fly under his own power or Teleport?
    No. He can't fly without outside help.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    No. He can't fly without outside help.
    Okay.

So given that earlier in the thread it was claimed that he has no significant Super Speed, could Storm summon high intensity winds underneath him, and use them to carry him into space? If he can't fly, then he wouldn't have any leverage to contest it with his own strength.

He's still got his canon, but even if Bishop can't absorb that, Storm got a high level of precision with her powers and can just point him in a direction that doesn't face them

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Remind me again, how much brain-electricity shenanigans can Storm and/or Namor get up to nowadays, and how long does it take for them to activate those abilities (if they still have them)? Also, is Mongol even vulnerable to that kind of thing in the first place?
    From the scans posted, Clor is a Thor clone/cyborg hybrid created and maintained by Mister Fantastic and Hank Pym, with the assistance of Iron Man. As Storm said he's not the actual Thor, but he should be around Class 100 enough since besides curbstomping the Warrior Three, his thunder during Civil War stunned Hercules from continuing fighting for a bit, and raining thunder on the other heroes made Invisible Woman nosebleed from shielding against it. Hercules ultimately wrecked the guy physically and from the scans posted I wonder if he did it again.

Okay.

So given that earlier in the thread it was claimed that he has no significant Super Speed, could Storm summon high intensity winds underneath him, and use them to carry him into space? If he can't fly, then he wouldn't have any leverage to contest it with his own strength.

He's still got his canon, but even if Bishop can't absorb that, Storm got a high level of precision with her powers and can just point him in a direction that doesn't face them
    I see no reason why she can't do it. Although, I think it would come down to a quick-draw: can she summon winds great enough to move Mongul before he strikes with a thunder-clap.

Extraordinary Member

I see no reason why she can't do it. Although, I think it would come down to a quick-draw: can she summon winds great enough to move Mongul before he strikes with a thunder-clap.
    IIRC she's summoned large scale, hurricane force winds on a moment's notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    From the scans posted, Clor is a Thor clone/cyborg hybrid created and maintained by Mister Fantastic and Hank Pym, with the assistance of Iron Man. As Storm said he's not the actual Thor, but he should be around Class 100 enough since besides curbstomping the Warrior Three, his thunder during Civil War stunned Hercules from continuing fighting for a bit, and raining thunder on the other heroes made Invisible Woman nosebleed from shielding against it. Hercules ultimately wrecked the guy physically and from the scans posted I wonder if he did it again.
    I think is the same fight in which Herc beat Clor. Its the Black Panther Civil War tie-in issue.

Astonishing Member

I think is the same fight in which Herc beat Clor. Its the Black Panther Civil War tie-in issue.
    Whoa, I guess I totally missed that one.

IIRC she's summoned large scale, hurricane force winds on a moment's notice.
    A BFR could provide a win for scenario 2. Storm wouldn't have that option in the Arena though.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Isn't this a stomp for Mogul. A Kryptonian peer, fights groups of GLs, etc. Speed, strength, energy projection, etc.

I don't think he would even feel Storm or Cyclops. He could pull even the strongest apart. Not a Bishop follower but unless he has some exotic, I don't think so.

You might argue Wolverine's claws might cut him but Mogul is faster and blasts him to just the metal bones.
    I had the same thoughts. Mongul is strong enough to give Superman a fight, combat skills to keep up with Wonder Woman, and a strategic mind that challenges Batman's. He even defeated the trinity (although when that happened they were at odds with each other and not in sync but it still counts)

There is no way this team of X-Men is coming out of this alive. Namor will obviously goes down last but he's not enough.

Extraordinary Member

A BFR could provide a win for scenario 2. Storm wouldn't have that option in the Arena though.
    Does the Arena have a roof?

Does the Arena have a roof?
    I believe it has dome ceiling.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    At the time, he was also at least partly cybernetic, so there's that to consider with regards to Ororo frying his synapses (which didn't take, either - he gets up very quickly, as noted).

Having said that, she pulls it off against Sinister, who is not at all cybernetic.

I believe it has dome ceiling.
    It actually does not! :) The original Khazan arena of CBUB certainly has a 'god-proof dome', but Rumbles' Khazan does not, permitting Ring-outs as a valid fight-ender (assuming the thrown competitor cannot return under their own power).

Quote Originally Posted by The Rules
    05. Setting: The default battle area is the Arena of Khazan, a colossal arena that looks somewhat like a Roman Amphitheatre. It is typically a 250 feet by 200 feet ellipse, though the size is adjustable in accordance to the size of the contestants; the opposing sides start out about 100 feet from one another. The walls of the arena are completely indestructible, but there is no dome - space tosses are a legitimate winning strategy. Likewise the ground is simple earth and is not protected, making burying the opponent a viable strategy in some cases.
    There was quite a discussion about long ago as I recall (maybe Munch can confirm), and in the end the above was the decision.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    At the time, he was also at least partly cybernetic, so there's that to consider with regards to Ororo frying his synapses (which didn't take, either - he gets up very quickly, as noted).

Having said that, she pulls it off against Sinister, who is not at all cybernetic.

It actually does not! The original Khazan arena of CBUB certainly has a 'god-proof dome', but Rumbles' Khazan does not, permitting Ring-outs as a valid fight-ender (assuming the thrown competitor cannot return under their own power).

There was quite a discussion about long ago as I recall (maybe Munch can confirm), and in the end the above was the decision.
    Thank you clarity!

With that said, then I think that BFR is a valid means to winning for the X-men in both scenarios (assuming Storm wins a quick-draw against Mongul's thunder-clap).